Dell 2001FP/2005FP for $486.75 shipped.

I got my 2005 model 2 weeks ago when it was $561, and paid total of $575 and change just for shipping no tax i'm in NY. Upgraded from a 17" viewsonic crt, man this thing kills it. I play all my games now at 1680 x 1050 max settings, even call of duty supports the res. with some tweaking with the config. file and looks amazing. UT04 already has an option to select 1680, man looks like a whole new games, I highly recommended this LCD. :)

I already have 2 2001FP's and was considering purchasing a third...however the coupon now does not work (nor does the new one) and so the price just isn't quite as attractive anymore. Oh well...what do I need 3 LCD's for anyway right? hehe

I got mine for a little over 500 beans with tax. How will I run it with my 2 1901FPs? Cheap PCI DVI card for one of the 19s?

Check techbargains.com for the $65 dollar off code. I think it expires at midnight tonight.
That's the one I used.

And gave me the free shipping too!! :D

HNG4H3PDCP2L3G

Right on! Hey thanks [H] and dolphumous for the heads up! ;)

I was just checking what's new really quick before I started gaming for the night and noticed the link on the front of the page. I've had my eye on this sucka for awhile now. Just waiting for the right price. $538 pretty sweet. Although something tells me a 12ms 20"+ replacement is on the way shortly. Oh well. Bout' time I replaced this Viewsonic PT775 17" CRT. Bye bye old fella. You served me well (and warmed up my little office a little too nicely).
:cool:

the rest of us did! Duh! ;)

R1ckCa1n said:
Why did I just buy yet another 20" LCD? Oh boy........

Oh wait... wasn't I going to wait and get a 2405? Must buy hot items! LOL.
:p

burningrave101 said:
How many of you went for the 2001FP and how many went for the 2005FPW? Did the majority of you get the 2005FPW? Thats the one i went with.

I was thinking of getting a 2405fp montior but then this deal is a killer so I went with 2 2005fpw. Dual monitor rocks. :)

aznstyl said:
damn, can't resist this deal. I wanted to get the 24inch but Just order 2005fpw. Might as well go dual 2005fpw. hahah.. I hate myself.

That's what I did before Christmas... I have two of the 2005FPWs.... I love them. :D

might want to change the original post, sure there's still the free shipping (you should update that in the originaly post too) but there is no auto-25%. The lowest i can get for the cheaper one is 560 (before tax) because of the auto stuff plus a 12% discount i beleive i get through my university login, but without my login it will only minus about 75 to make it 640 with free shipping.

ordered one to replace my 19'' iiyama vision master pro 450 . i hope i dont notice too much ghosting on it =\

EricDawg said:
Hey thanks [H] and dolphumous for the heads up! ;)

No problem, when I get home from work I check all the deal sites...

:)

Most of them just suck. This deal didn't. I bought mine for almost $700, less than a year ago. I've never regret it.

citizen said:
ordered one to replace my 19'' iiyama vision master pro 450 . i hope i dont notice too much ghosting on it =\
I've had my 2005FPW for about 2 weeks now and I put it through it's paces. The original version has some ghosting/backlight issues, but A01 (which is what you'd be getting through Dell) is superb. 12ms holds true for grey on grey. Normal ms response is closer to 8~10. I'm running all my games @ 1680 x 1050 and it just plain rocks. CS: Source never looked so good. Even the original CS has the ability to do Widescreen. It would have been nice to be able to pump the vert to 1200, but 1050 isn't bad. Oh, it's 16:10 ratio, not 16:9...so you will still see SMALL black bars at the top and bottom while running widescreen movies. It's still an awesome experience. The backlight bleeding and the ghosting have definitely been taken care of. I'd take some pics, but I'm running to work right now. For the enthusiasts out there, go wide, you won't regret it. If you still are having probs finding a good deal, go eBay. There's plenty of New In Box items for your pleasure :)

$749.00 - origional price
- 74.90 - 10% instant discount (not 25 :( )
= 674.10
- 65.00 - 65 off coupon
- 14.00 - free shipping
=$609.10

still a decent deal but not under 500 deal /cry

one off newegg for 359 shipped no tax - it's got better contrast and 8ms response (plus DVi and Analog) - sure it's 19" but 8MS!!! :) - nooooo ghosting.

i bought this monitor on the last deal (i think it was about $25 more, but was still an awesome deal) and i'm loving it. However, there are some...oddities. For one thing, don't bother with the DVI. I have a 6800 GT and when i hooked up the DVI cable it would do strange tearing/flickering whenever i watched movie files full screen, whether with nvdvd, mpc, wmp, whatever. When i switched to the analog cable, everything cleared up. It looks gorgeous at 1600x1200, games run great (no ghosting at all, that i've noticed so far) and it's smooth sailing. Just ignore the DVI cable and you'll be happy.

(also, the monitor's "auto-detect" did not seem to work right with DVI. It would often require hitting the button a second time after a game went full screen)

Great monitor though! (maybe i have a bum video card?)

The deal from the 1st page is still on. I just ordered the 2005FWP just 10 min ago. I have already received confirmation from Dell. Price was $486.75. Don't know ship date yet.

I hate you all. :) I bit.

Ordered a 2005fp. And on the front page it stated Usually ships 1-2 weeks. I bet they sold a TON to be backordered 2 weeks.

I used the 65$ coupon though, most stated the $75 was dead. I coulda saved $10 more.
Still great deal though.

My total was $486.75 (no sales tax in Oregon).

I ordered the widescreen version because of the higher contrast ratio and sexier appearance. I currently have a Samsung 710T, so if it doesn't work out, I can always sell it and keep my old one (which still works awesome).

groebuck said:
one off newegg for 359 shipped no tax - it's got better contrast and 8ms response (plus DVi and Analog) - sure it's 19" but 8MS!!! :) - nooooo ghosting.
and NOOOOOO 1600 x 1200 either :)

burningrave101 said:
Did anyone else ship already? Mine shipped yesterday.
mine shipped yesterday too.

Sweet! I paid $750 for my 2001FP last year, and it was worth every penny. At $500ish this deal is TOO good to pass up.

Thanks!

drizzt81 said:
and NOOOOOO 1600 x 1200 either :)

mine shipped yesterday too.

haha true - but running it on my Sony 20.1 here at work - it's over rated - I would rather have good game play --- :)

plus +++ you can get 2 for 718 :lol

200 more than one dell 20" but oooooohhhh so schweeet.

2005FPW.

gotta love the widescreen and not just for gaming/movies either. i'm a page designer/copy editor for a newspaper and i work at home a lot on special sections/inserts. having the extra real estate to the sides is a HUGE help/timesaver.

none of the coupon codes worked for me any others to try or am i doing something wrong let me know?!?!?!

-thanks

burningrave101 said:
Did anyone else ship already? Mine shipped yesterday.
Yup,,, mine is on the way now!

Now to figure out how to get 2-20' LCD's to fit on my desk....

BoySetsFire said:
2005FPW.

gotta love the widescreen and not just for gaming/movies either. i'm a page designer/copy editor for a newspaper and i work at home a lot on special sections/inserts. having the extra real estate to the sides is a HUGE help/timesaver.

That's a smaller screen than the 2001FP...read my post above

JasperW said:
anyone else have problems with the DVI?

Never

R1ckCa1n said:
Yup,,, mine is on the way now!

Now to figure out how to get 2-20' LCD's to fit on my desk....

much easier than fitting 2 21inch CRT's. :)

groebuck said:
haha true - but running it on my Sony 20.1 here at work - it's over rated - I would rather have good game play --- :)

plus +++ you can get 2 for 718 :lol

200 more than one dell 20" but oooooohhhh so schweeet.
whenever i go to work (18" LCD) I hate that there is NO ROOM to put anything on my desktop. My 19" CRT at home feels like it has more desktop real estate (1600 x 1200 @ 85)

I don't think I'd ever buy a monitor with a lower resolution ever again (expect laptops)

dolphumous said:
That's a smaller screen than the 2001FP...read my post above

The total screen size is a little smaller but the widescreen view makes a big difference. Your able to view alot more from left to right even though the 2005FPW is only around a 17" LCD in height.

Back