dell 2005fpw and 1280x720 res.

iamtherat

Limp Gawd
it seems like my dell has some trouble displaying this resolution. it looks horrible...the colors are off, and everything is blurry. i've tried 1:1, scaled, aspect. all looks horrible. i figure it should look fine at 1:1..but it doesn't. all other resolution works fine.

anyone else having this problem?

I found some resolutions will look worse that others. No matter what only the native res looks best, but I thiink you probably know that.

What about 1280*800, that's the same aspect ratio as the screen's 1680*1050 native res. Devide those resolutions into each other (horizontal and vertical) and they come out to 1.6. So when it stretches the 1280*800, it won't looks squished, circles will still be round, just the normal loss in quality will happen from running at a different res.

1280 devided by 720 comes out to a different aspect ratio, 1.77 something instead of 1.6.

So when you say 1:1, is that the setting to have it center on the screen without stretching it to the fit the screen, basically if at 1280*720 it will only use that number of pixels on the screen and leave the rest blank, so it stays just as sharp as native resolution, but you are not using all the pixels. Or does that setting just keep the aspect ratio correct but still stretches it until it hits one of the sides before distorting?

Also, I remember on my old 15inch LCD when the hertz was higher than 60 it got fuzzy. Maybe when you switch to that res the computer makes it 75 to 85hertz or something. Double check and make sure it's set to 60.

Are you on DVI or VGA?

Back