Dell 2005FPW image burn-in

Vulcanus

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a 2005FPW and I play WoW a lot. And If I look at like a brown background, I can see where my action bar buttons are starting to burn into the screen. I know a lot of projection TV's had problems like this, but I wasn't aware of this being a problem with LCDs Is there any way to fix this??

You might take a look at this page ,it shows how one user fixed burn in on his 2001FP.

Vulcanus said:
I have a 2005FPW and I play WoW a lot. And If I look at like a brown background, I can see where my action bar buttons are starting to burn into the screen. I know a lot of projection TV's had problems like this, but I wasn't aware of this being a problem with LCDs Is there any way to fix this??

I didn't think that was possible. You can find many sources on the web like this http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv/lcdtv-misconceptions.shtml that give a brief explanation as to how it is theoretically not possible.

mathesar said:
You might take a look at this page ,it shows how one user fixed burn in on his 2001FP.

Ahh.. good post. That very interesting. It might be a good idea to have your pc turn off the monitor when you are using it.

I think if you shut your monitor off and leave it like that for a while, it cools down and the burning goes away. At least that's what I have heard.

I'll try that out, I left it off for ~8 hours or so and it's gone away a little.

Back