Dell 2007WFP $319 + Tax, Free Shipping

Trombe

Gawd
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4688

EDIT: Deal's kind of over, now $339.

Ended July 26th. YMMV with extra coupons, I doubt they work on sale prices. An additional $8 for CA residents for electronic waste fee, I don't know if this exists for other states.

Lowest price I've seen it for in a while. The lottery is still going on as far as I can tell, but you still have a 21(?) day grace period for exchanges on any imperfections to try to get an S-IPS variant.

No ghosting whatsoever with my 2 S-IPS ones.

In fact, they're actually 8 ms response. It's 16 offically to designate it's a S-IPS and S-PVA...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4688

Ends July 26th. YMMV with extra coupons, I doubt they work on sale prices. An additional $8 for CA residents for electronic waste fee, I don't know if this exists for other states.

Lowest price I've seen it for in a while. The lottery is still going on as far as I can tell, but you still have a 21(?) day grace period for exchanges on any imperfections to try to get an S-IPS variant.

320 for a 20", what kind of shit deal is this :rolleyes:

Not only is image quality better than any TN panel, the WFP lets you do 1:1 scaling, whereas most monitors stretch everything to the full 16:10. So if you play a game w/out widescreen support, you can play it without stretching.

The 2007WFP is quite a nice monitor, don't knock it until you try it.

Seriously.. I just tried out two C panel 226BW's and an S panel, and still decided to go for an S-IPS 2007FWP over the 226. It sucks losing the 2", but I'm spoiled by having used an IPS previously.

It's definitely a hair slower in response time than the 226BW using PixPerAn, but both are more than fast enough for any fast-paced games anyway.

why do dell monitors have to be so expensive :(
just can't justify spending even this much on one when I can get a 20" acer for like $169

These are nice monitors, however 300+ for a 20" ?? This is absolutely not a deal, this thread should be deleted.

These are nice monitors, however 300+ for a 20" ?? This is absolutely not a deal, this thread should be deleted.

stfu, these monitors were like $400ish a while ago, and I'd still buy one for that price.

hey, remember that old dell deal when they had these for like $200? It was a price mistake and they honored it. Some guy bought like 10 haha

These are expensive because they're S-IPS panels

Not the typical sh!tty TN panels that we get for cheaper.

Same reason why the Planar and NEC's and stuff of similar sizes are much more expensive.

Same reason why the Planar and NEC's and stuff of similar sizes are much more expensive.

Exactly. If you see these monitors in person you would realize why they cost more and why they are worth the money.

Shoot. These are sweet monitors. Were I not a college student who wants a slightly larger screen, I'd hop on this in a heartbeat.

Like a couple other people said, for (probably :p stupid lottery) an S-IPS panel this is a great price... about as low as it's been w/out coupons in over a month at least, since I've been looking for this. You're paying to get the best kind of LCD panel there is, instead of what is essentially the cheapest panel possible.

It's kind of like bitching about seeing a Silverstone TJ-09 for $150 shipped, saying that's way too expensive - and then linking to some $25 Raidmax case to get instead. There are huge differences, if you care enough to notice or pay attention.

Definitely the lowest price I've seen in a while for this model.

All the people saying that $320 for a 20" is a horrible deal need to bugger off.

The S-IPS panel is not a guarantee, so I wouldn't expect one for sure.

Thats because nothing in the 20-22" size is in the same class for quality/features except for the more expensive NEC 20WMGX2.

Meh, from a gamer's perspective the minor gains in color reproduction are outweighed by the rather notable decrease in response time.

Meh, from a gamer's perspective the minor gains in color reproduction are outweighed by the rather notable decrease in response time.

Like I mentioned, I tried a 226BW 'S' panel against the 2007WFP side by side. The TN was slightly faster in test programs, but it's no difference in games to my eyes. I just had the monitors side by side, and had them in clone multi-monitor mode.

Now I, who pretty much uses my computer for nothing but gaming and occasional movie-watching, was willing to pay more money for this smaller monitor after trying them out side by side in a series of games (Oblivion, Dark Messiah, BF2142, UT2004, R6: Vegas, SupCom and C&C3) for a week. Just saying, there might be something to the more expensive panel types if you give 'em a try. If you don't notice the TN issues though, you're probably fine.

So do the current 2007wfp use high quality panels ? Also how do the wfp differ from the fp ?

I picked one up to run in portrait next to my 30 It is very nice and matches the styling of my 30

I went through about 6 20in wides awhile back and the more natural colors made a pretty substantial difference in BF2142, current game @ that time. But the biggest difference is seeing the same color everywhere on the screen. As long as you're not completely slumped over in the chair, it's a perfect panel in so far as color wash. Add in the excellent ergo features and you've got a badass monitor.

I've wanted a bigger 24in, but AFAIK, it's not an S-IPS.

Back