Dell 2007WFP A03 Performance Issues?

I recently got a Dell 2007WFP, and it's a revision A03. The service menu says RT803. Anyway, I'm trying to watch the 6th Disc from the first season of 24, and it has horrible video noise. I've attached a screen capture to show what I mean. I captured the image in Windows Media Player 10, because I can't seem to get a full screen capture in PowerDVD 6. Is this just compression artifacts, or issues with the monitor.

Here's a photo I took of the image in PowerDVD. Look at the upper left corner of the screen. I'm running a Geforct 7950GT through DVI without the nVidia DVD player.

Can anyone tell from the pictures if this is an S-IPS?

Thanks

Elder Young said:
I recently got a Dell 2007WFP, and it's a revision A03. The service menu says RT803. Anyway, I'm trying to watch the 6th Disc from the first season of 24, and it has horrible video noise. I've attached a screen capture to show what I mean. I captured the image in Windows Media Player 10, because I can't seem to get a full screen capture in PowerDVD 6. Is this just compression artifacts, or issues with the monitor.

Here's a photo I took of the image in PowerDVD. Look at the upper left corner of the screen. I'm running a Geforct 7950GT through DVI without the nVidia DVD player.

Can anyone tell from the pictures if this is an S-IPS?

Thanks
I had the problem from the lower picture when I was playing a video too, and I assumed it was the video driver. It only changes when I'm playing some videos. I reinstalled the driver for my 7600gt (xtremeg 94.91), and set some video settings. Now it seems to be okay, and hope it's only the video driver. Also, there was some tearing on the video. Did anyone else have these problems?

BTW, if you want to know if your monitor uses an S-IPS panel, turn off the monitor. Hold the menu and + button while turning the monitor on with the power button. Once it's on, let go, and then click on the - button. Mine says "LPL WSXGA LM201W01" at the top so it's S-IPS.

vincentxweb said:
I had the problem from the lower picture when I was playing a video too, and I assumed it was the video driver. It only changes when I'm playing some videos. I reinstalled the driver for my 7600gt (xtremeg 94.91), and set some video settings. Now it seems to be okay, and hope it's only the video driver. Also, there was some tearing on the video. Did anyone else have these problems?

BTW, if you want to know if your monitor uses an S-IPS panel, turn off the monitor. Hold the menu and + button while turning the monitor on with the power button. Once it's on, let go, and then click on the - button. Mine says "LPL WSXGA LM201W01" at the top so it's S-IPS.

I'm using the 92.91 beta drivers for my 7950gt because I've heard they work the best. Also, Dell changed the monitor codes in the revision A03, so mine only says RT803, instead of a monitor code like the one you're showing.

Back