Dell 2007WFP or Samsung 215TW?

sockie

n00b
I'm in the market to buy a new LCD Monitor, time to retire my old Sony 19" CRT.

I mostly use my computer for digital image editing and game playing, I also want the display to work with Vista :confused: HDCP:confused:

Initially I was sold on the Samsung but I hear the base is nasty, so I thought about Dell but there seems to be some stories about :confused:banding:confused: issues and such.

So basically which monitor of those two (or others that have similar specifications and similar price) is the better choice?

The banding issue has been fixed with the Dells, it's practically guaranteed you won't have the problem.

On the other hand, there's a chance at getting a S-PVA panel instead of the coveted S-IPS. While it seems recently most have gotten the S-IPS it's still not guaranteed, so if you want a definite S-IPS panel I would look otherwise.

The saving grace of the 2007wfp is, however, that you can return it to dell within 21 days of acquiring it and they pay shipping. So really, if you want to get it (I do!) you'll eventually get the right panel. It just depends on how willing you are to deal with shipping :p

The banding issue has been fixed with the Dells, it's practically guaranteed you won't have the problem.

On the other hand, there's a chance at getting a S-PVA panel instead of the coveted S-IPS. While it seems recently most have gotten the S-IPS it's still not guaranteed, so if you want a definite S-IPS panel I would look otherwise.

The saving grace of the 2007wfp is, however, that you can return it to dell within 21 days of acquiring it and they pay shipping. So really, if you want to get it (I do!) you'll eventually get the right panel. It just depends on how willing you are to deal with shipping :p

Ok. Thanks!

So what do you think of the Samsung LCD? Looks great on paper - right?

I like the look of the 215T myself. But a lot of people have issues with input lag(I don't notice it though).

Back