Dell 2007wfp Redesign!!!

A strange thing is the dell rep at the kiosk said that she has a 24" dell at home that does not feature a card reader. Was there ever such a model? Maybe early 2405?

Gee, are they trying to copy the Apple display or what?!?! Perhaps not copy, but there is the influence there I think.

Mysticode said:
Good question, i've confused myself.

Price for the 27" is going to be.... what?

I would estimate, depending on the panel specs, Maybe somewhere in the $900 US dollar range? I could be wrong. :confused:

so is that the 2007 or 2707?
I got to replace my 2007 (banding and other issues) and it would be nice if the replacement was the "newer" one posted

I hope it is the 2007. They still haven't changed there site and I was told by a rep that they had made a new model. Others are saying its a mistake. Since you have a 2007 you could call them and ask them about it. Make sure to let us know what they say if you do.

Well, i was on the phone for an hour tryin to explain what was up with my monitor :rolleyes:

I think i got a replacement coeming to me but who knows. As for the model revision, i asked her she put me on hold cuz she didnt know, came back a few minutes later with
"youre recieving the same one:"
Then i said, Ok so there is no revision? Your site has it posted with other inputs and such
Her: is there anyhting else i can help you with?

What the fuck...

So im still not clear if there was a revision or not. My guess ia No.....i think

Those guys are weird. I talked to them for an hour on their online chat service and I was asking the guy what would happen if I ordered one for the added inputs and it came without them. He responded with " thank you for choosing dell have a nice day" After that they shoved a survey for their chat service in my face! :mad:
I guess in the end i will be happier with a 2407 because of the size difference. I just hate having to wait to afford it. :(

pretty much what happend to me on the phone, i couldnt hardly understand her and it didnt seem like she knew whta she was doing, Had to explain my issues (banding and flickering) over and over again. Then she tried to tell me it was my dell computer that was wrong. I DONT OWN A DELL COMPUTER! lol, had to tell her that atleast 3 times lol
I was put on hold a dozen times for atleast 2 minutes a piece, longest i think was about 8 minutes

Guess ill find out when my replacement arrives

Youd think some liability issues would come up if you order one expecting the inputs and recieving one without, isnt that bait ans switch?

That pic is definitely not 2007 if the vesa mount is 10cm...or 3.937 inches apart.. u can even compare the input length of dvi/vga/component to the overall size..if it a 2007.. the it must have a very large/thick bezel.

I figured if I was a lawyer I would do somthing with false advertizment and then hopefully be able to afford a westy. :D

The Dell forum is a sad place. What a job working there must be. On one hand new people come in asking "what is S-IPS and do I have it" and on the other Dell has the wrong product photos up for days. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Whats funny is my wife called them and she asked about the redesign and the guy told her yes and thats whatll be shipped so i dont know what the hell thier doing over there lol

Cold Dark Shadow said:
Whats funny is my wife called them and she asked about the redesign and the guy told her yes and thats whatll be shipped so i dont know what the hell thier doing over there lol

But to which models are you referirng to?

you guys are nuts to order something based on what the dell rep compared to SCIENTIFIC PROOF. Several people have stated the 10cm distance between the vesa mounting screws would mean this monitor can NO WAY IN HELL be a 20" monitor.. its a 27"

I got my replacement in today (finally sent the right one)
Its an A03 RT803 panel and setup next to my other S-IPS 2007FPW that its replacing, the colors and everythign seem alot more bright and clear and thats thru VGA

Oh, and theres more menue options as well?

Back