Dell 22" LCD E2209W $169 FS

Kenworth

2[H]4U
Dell has the 22" E2209W with $40 "instant savings" right now.
I thought this was a pretty good price for a Dell monitor even if it is the budget line.

My sub motive to this post is to see if this Dell monitor would be a better deal versus this Samsung 2243BWX that Newegg has $60 bucks off with FS also.
The Samsung has fully adjustable tilt/height/rotate options and that is pretty nice. It also has a 2 port usb in the stand which is just another perk I guess.

I may buy one of these I believe, I just don't know which one. Only $20 difference atm but I am going to act quick before both of these deals expire.

I know this isn't the displays forum but I checked through there for opinions and feedback and I could use some here to.
Most people in the displays forum just say what is better, not if these are good monitors for the money.

i would go with the sammy.... samsung imo is better quality and usually better picture quality too...

Definitely go with the Samsung. Dell never sells good stuff for cheap. They have some excellent displays, and some very bad ones (the ones they include with computers).

Umm, has anyone ever dissected a Dell screen? I know Samsung is usually their LCD supplier for the laptops I have had. I don't know if that's their desktop LCD supplier or not?:confused:

It varies. The Samsung has height adjustment though. I didn't see it on the Dell.

I have 9 of these monitors at work, and while I can't comment on their gaming performance, I can say, they are great monitors for everything else. They do not have a height adjustment, but that's my only complaint.

Back