Dell 22" monitor (SP2208WFP) for $239+FS

i placed an order for two using the dell preferred. It going to arrive wednesday. Both for my sisters. From the reviews, it looks good. I would jump on it. FYI if its got HDMI and its 22" at 239, GET IT. Even ebay doesnt have it at that low a price and with dell you are 100% safe. Go for it. Put it this way. i have a 21" FPD gateway with less specs and I love it. Using it for component and it doesnt have hdmi either. TRUST ME. GET IT. Sorry for the caps but i am trying to shout at you but in a positive way ;). Dont want you to lose out. get it before its gone.
Also if you plan on shipping it to a different address, let dell know on the phone. Even if you have a dell preferred. This way they dont call you a few hours later as if you're some scammer. It was funny though.

I'm not too satisfied with this monitor. I looked at Dell's return policy, and it claims that I have to pay for shipping and handling and also possible restocking fees? Am I missing something or is this how it works out?

I'm only asking since I read somewhere that it's worth it to try out the monitor and that if I didn't like it I can return it (assuming it was free).

Do these include dvi cables, or do i need to buy them seperate?
Indeed it does come with one DVI and one VGA cable.

I've had mine for a few days now, first LCD. Only issue I have is that with it on a book so that eye level is 1/3 of the way down the screen, viewing angle darkness comes into play towards the top of the screen. With it flat on my desk, so that my eyes are looking at the webcam, it looks fine, but I'm not a fan of looking down at my monitor. Perhaps I'll adjust....

Just a review from me. Works awesome so far. The colors were all off out the box but a combination of manual adjustments and calibrating with OS X got it perfect. I just ordered 2 more for my office. A nice touch is all the USB ports. Its nice to leave everything that you use at your desktop, (external, wireless mouse, ipod cable, etc etc) hooked into it so all you have on your laptop is one USB to unplug, is a nice touch.

btw I took my color levels for RGB down to like 60-70

btw I took my color levels for RGB down to like 60-70

would you mind posting what settings you are using? I like my current settings but I find it hard to compare the color qualities with my syncmaster samsung which I never touched the settings on.

would you mind posting what settings you are using? I like my current settings but I find it hard to compare the color qualities with my syncmaster samsung which I never touched the settings on.

I put brightness at 86, contrast at 73 sharpness at 50, R=72,G=71, B=71. I'm also using a ATI 3870 if that matters at all.

I do find myself tweaking it a lot but gaming and movie watching is incredible. I compare it to a Rear Projection Tv. Standard Def is ok but HD is outstanding.

Back