Dell 2405FPW 24" inch on the way?????

no I meant how'd he get it that cheap?. $1100 is still alot of money and I think when the discount reach 25% off it will be the 2001FPW all over again. I can turn this down at $1100 shiped for now but at $900 or less, DELL's will overpowers MINE, and I subconcously watch as my hands place the order on DELL's website. It's happened to me many a time on Newegg. david

i have to agree, as soon as this is under $900 USD shipped & taxed, i will be ready to order. assuming no major problems arise with backlight, pixels (i doubt) or inputs.

Here is what I do all the time. You may have to be a regular customer but it is worth a try.

I am a regular monitor customer. I order as soon as its available. This time it cost me 1200 US dollars for the unit. I get it and enjoy it for a few days then I call up and bitch them out for charging me full retail and for over night shipping when they are bending over for one time buyers on the home side. The procede to credit my account for overnight shipping and give me the lowest price I can produce that matches what they know they have sold them for. They credit my account the diffference. This has always worked and you dont have to wait for a coupon or deal to come. You use it while yo wait and then threaten to send it back if they dont give you the deal

I just bought (received today in fact) an HP L2335. It's a gorgeous display, except for the light leakage in the upper right corner. Now I'm thinking about returning the L2335, and buying a 2405FPW from Dell. Does anybody have any opinions on this?

The $400 price savings would be really nice, especially as it could go toward more ram and another harddrive for the PowerMac I'm about to buy. And an extra 1" of display would be pretty cool. On the other hand, the light leakage isn't *too* bad, and I could potentially just trade it in on another L2335 since the warranty coverage is so good.

Both displays suit my needs approximately equally well. I want a High-Res display for my powermac, and an HDTV in one unit. Both displays will do that (with the addition of set top box to work as a TV Tuner, and since both have component input, thats not a problem). The Apple Cinema displays won't do what I want, unfortunately, as they lack alternate video inputs and a convenient way to switch between them.

I was hoping that the superior quality control at HP would make the price difference worthwhile, but now i'm not so sure. If I received a 2405FPW in the condition of my L2335, I'd probably be okay with it, but that extra 30% in price makes me inclined to demand perfection.
:(

Thanks for reading this, any input would be much appreciated!

Cadallin451 said:
I just bought (received today in fact) an HP L2335. It's a gorgeous display, except for the light leakage in the upper right corner. Now I'm thinking about returning the L2335, and buying a 2405FPW from Dell. Does anybody have any opinions on this?

The $400 price savings would be really nice, especially as it could go toward more ram and another harddrive for the PowerMac I'm about to buy. !

use the light leakage as an excuse to return it. HP offers their 30 day guarrantee anyway. Just say your parent so happened to buy you a HP L2335, that way, the HP guy will think you are still a customer.

And the savings is $520+tax, not counting fatwallet.com, for better contrast ratio, cd/m2, response time, and the extra 1 in.

Happy Hopping said:
use the light leakage as an excuse to return it. HP offers their 30 day guarrantee anyway. Just say your parent so happened to buy you a HP L2335, that way, the HP guy will think you are still a customer.

And the savings is $520+tax, not counting fatwallet.com, for better contrast ratio, cd/m2, response time, and the extra 1 in.

Thanks! I'm going to send the HP back. I think I'll wait on getting a 2405FPW until there are some reviews from people on the forum.

Back