Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

It's there on the box so you know which revision you're getting.
I believe refurb units come with 90day warrenty but you can add extra warrenty for cheap.
My friend bought 2 2405FPW from Dell Outlet and he was able to get the latest revision, A05.
They came in like they were new. Perheps, they were NEW. :D
Some customers return their item without opening it so there's a good chance you end up getting a new unit.
Rev 05? Is there any news what the difference is between Rev 05 and Rev 04?

Three questions:

1) I've heard a rumor that for states where Dell doesn't have a kiosk, Dell Home doesn't charge you tax. Can anyone confirm this?

2) Can someone scan and upload their warranty card for this monitor? Some reps have said warranty covers even 1 dead pixel and some have said it has to be 10. What does the warranty say?

3) Does the monitor come w/ a dvi cable? If so, how long is it?

thx for the info.

1.) not sure
2.) not sure
3.) yes. its long enough to stretch from PC to monitor in a normal set up (a few feet).

Guys,

I just got a call back from a Dell Peripherals Sales agent. He informed me the 2407 HC is being sold in England and Australia currently and it's slated to be introduced to the states in April. It will have a higher contrast ratio and faster response time! I was about to pull the trigger on the 2407 a04 but I'm definitely going to wait now!

hope this info helps.

also,

does anyone know of a strategy to get my current 15% off E&A coupon which expires in a week to be extended for another 30-60days?

I just got a call back from a Dell Peripherals Sales agent. He informed me the 2407 HC is being sold in England and Australia currently and it's slated to be introduced to the states in April. It will have a higher contrast ratio and faster response time! I was about to pull the trigger on the 2407 a04 but I'm definitely going to wait now!

Glad I bought from Costco - that way I can have my cake *and* eat it too. :D

But I gotta ask - if this thing has been already sold in the UK and AU then why have there been no reviews of it? And has anyone seen mention of it on Dell's UK site?

Glad I bought from Costco - that way I can have my cake *and* eat it too. :D

But I gotta ask - if this thing has been already sold in the UK and AU then why have there been no reviews of it? And has anyone seen mention of it on Dell's UK site?

I noticed the 2407wpf "hc" when I did a search for it on the dell website and quite a few references came back with this designation....so Im sure that sometime this month if you call the dell reps and tell them you want the "hc" version, you should be able to get it. Its the same thing thats going on for the 3007wpf "hc" version, you have to ask them for it cause its not on the website listed for sale.

Guys,

hope this info helps.

So then it's probably not using the LG Phillips lm240wu3 panel rumored from page 8 of this thread which has the same contrast.

Guys,

hope this info helps.

Wow, cool. Here's hoping it does 1:1 and doesn't cost a ton more than the vanilla 2407!

Yes and wait for another series of Rev's on the new HC panels before Dell irons out everything:D

Im happy with my 2407 Rev4 and at the price I got it for, I can't really complain.
Frag

Where are you guys getting the best prices? Costco has it for $674.99. Can I find a better price some where else?

relax, the promo will come back in a couple of days..now the decision is whether you want to get it now or wait for the HC. I doubt the HC will be anymore. They didn't raise the HC version of the 30" when that was released. It sucks I have a 15% E&A coupon that will expire before the HC comes out :(

relax, the promo will come back in a couple of days..now the decision is whether you want to get it now or wait for the HC. I doubt the HC will be anymore. They didn't raise the HC version of the 30" when that was released. It sucks I have a 15% E&A coupon that will expire before the HC comes out :(
What is the difference with the HC? Better contrast? I have a 10% off coupon that expires in May. But it's one of those things where I'm ready to buy now. Not a month from now. :)

I notice if you buy a desktop through Dell UK, and buy the monitor through the web configuration, it lists the monitor as '2407FPW'.

I'm hoping this is the same monitor as the WFP, but it hardly gives me confidence.

Where are you guys getting the best prices? Costco has it for $674.99. Can I find a better price some where else?

I am sure you can get better price if you order 2407 from Dell directly, but the warranty offered by Costco is too good to pass it IMO. :D

What is the difference with the HC? Better contrast?

I don't know what the contrast is with the 3007 HC compared to the regular 3007 but the 3007 HC does do 92% of the NTSC gamut as opposed to 70-ish of the regular version. So more accurate colors is the point.

Did anyone have any success at exchanging their A03 for an A04, specifically users that purchased from Dell Canada?

I don't know what the contrast is with the 3007 HC compared to the regular 3007 but the 3007 HC does do 92% of the NTSC gamut as opposed to 70-ish of the regular version. So more accurate colors is the point.
I called and talked to a sales rep. He may have been an idiot because he said the 24" HC panel is the same as the rev 04 except it adds an HDMI input and will cost $300 more. :eek: He said it will be available at the end of April.

I called and talked to a sales rep. He may have been an idiot because he said the 24" HC panel is the same as the rev 04 except it adds an HDMI input and will cost $300 more. :eek: He said it will be available at the end of April.

Wow.. $300 for HDMI input? :eek: I guess I will keep my 2407 A04 and get a HDMI switch. ;)

Sounds convincing. You can probably get a deal by talking to a sales rep.
Just who is going to pay $300 more for a 24'' display? :p

I got mine deliver today by DHL. I don't know why Dell suddenly decided to switch to DHL, but I heard they are very bad and unprofessional. They were right though, DHL Driver come to my house and ring the doorbell and left the package at the door step. He then put it in the system it was already sign for. :eek:

Anyway, mine come as Rev A04 in Mexico! :D I was feeling nervous at work keep thinking what if I get a Rev A03. There is also no dead or stuck pixels, very sharp and excellent monitor. Other then that, there a little bit of back light bleed. Not very noticeable unless black background and in dark room. However, if I know what the picture quality is like when plugging in Game Console to use with the Monitor, even if I did received an A03 I wouldn't mind that much. I still don't get why people play game console on this monitor. PIP one look ok, it's small so not a lot of detail lost. I try plugging in PS2 through Composite, even with 1:1 it look like garbage. :p . Think I stick with my TV for game console.
:D

Week ago returned my great 2405 that i have been using for year and half, and got this :D :D :D

after a week of 16" CRT...i feel at home again :p

picture215gu4.jpg

Ahhh the joys of opening a new package...is there anything else that gets us, men, more happier? I know what you are thinking... but no

picture216rw2.jpg

picture219di8.jpg

Few other changes also had to be made...
64879655rd1.jpg

22598812cu2.jpg

Guys how do I make sound work with other input such as Composite and using the PIP mode? Even with Dell Soundbar, no sound is coming out no matter what I try. Help please..:(

Week ago returned my great 2405 that i have been using for year and half, and got this :D :D :D

after a week of 16" CRT...i feel at home again :p

picture215gu4.jpg

Enjoy the new toys ...btw....Is that 1680x1050 ? as on my older 2005FPW at that ers,I get 13 icons top to bottom,and 15 on my 2407 A04 @ 19x12 :confused:

It is me or 1:1 Pixel Mapping is very buggy? Every time I try the 1:1 on Game, a lot of input lag. A lot of tearing and streaking. Don't believe me? Try setting lower resolution, switch to 1:1 and drag your Internet Browser slowly up and down. You see a streak going through. I try WoW and Final Fantasy XI, and I feel the A04 have more input lag and streaking. What's the point of 1:1 anymore. :(

that doesn't make sense. HC should have faster response time. Have any of the reviews said the current 2407 could use faster response times?

that doesn't make sense. HC should have faster response time. Have any of the reviews said the current 2407 could use faster response times?
That is why I said I think the guy is an idiot. HC stands for high color. Reading the reviews of the 3007 HC it shows 92% color range versus 70% on the regular 3007. I would assume the 24" HC would have the same feature.

As anyone heard if there is a 27" HC coming out? My coupon is valid through May. By then I'll have enough money saved for a 27". :p This is such a hard decision. To buy now or to wait. If I keep waiting for the next best thing I'll never have a new monitor.

Back