Dell 2707WFP issues

Figured I would post here because I have no idea myself if this is normal or not and am in a strange predicament. The predicament is that i have come down with a bout of Iritis which blinded me in my left eye but after a few weeks my vision is coming back albeit still a bit blurry. The reason I mention this is because I have had Dell send me 3 of these monitors so far because the left side is brighter than the right side at anything closer than about 30 inches away from the screen sitting in the middle.It is particularly noticeable with the dark grey background of these [H] fourms. the background grey color gets brighter and kind of washed out on the left side.

Dell claimed they were going to test this last monitor before sending it to me but I am not sure they did because the packing seal was still in tact no additional tape and it exhibits the same exact problem of the other two monitors.So I really dont know what to do because I am not sure if it is my eye that is causing the screen to be brighter on the left side or if it is just a poor quality screen. It seems if I center my one good eye on the screen everything is fine but if I move my head one or two inches to the right the screen very noticeably gets brighter and washed out on the left side.

Previously I had a Samsung 213T and it was perfect no matter how I looked at it or from what angle etc...everything always looked perfect. So I am debating before my 30 day return is up wether to return this last monitor to Dell and get my money back or wether I should just accept that this is the best it gets for a 27 inch monitor and be content?

Any advices and experiences would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I see, thanks. It is quite annoying. Not sure if I can get used to this. Does anyone make a 27 inch IPS panel? It seems that is the type of panel my old 213T was and it seems much better to me. I prefer the 27 inch though because the text is bigger so I dont have any eye strain whereas with a 21 inch I get headaches from trying to read the small text and a 24 inch widescreen would actually be smaller than my 21inch standard was so I don't think that is an option for me.

IPS is the superior panel, the 26" hazro, planar and NEC is the closest you will get to the 27" Dell. PVA technology is just a joke IMO and a waste of time.

Apple are also updating their monitors, hold out a bit longer if you can.

Back