Dell 30" FPW?

NulloModo said:
That is a sexy CRT... I was looking into one around 5 years ago... but they were too expensive back then.

I have a Dell 2001fp right now, and I have to say I am very happy I made the leap. I don't game on the computer, I prefer consoles for games (the best RPGs (which are really the only games I really care about) never come out for PC, or come out so much later I can't wait), so my computer is just for random other uses. I would love a duallie system, actually, I am just waiting for Intel's Conroe/Merom platforms then I am going to jump on one.

Currently, I am building a gaming rig that will have an X2 4400+ (or maybe an opteron 175). I don't think I could go back to a single processor/single core system.

Leright said:
Currently, I am building a gaming rig that will have an X2 4400+ (or maybe an opteron 175). I don't think I could go back to a single processor/single core system.

The X2s and Opterons are nice, no doubt. I am just going to expend my upgrade budget for this year on that new LCD, and plus, I'd rather run an Intel system than go back to AMD (but that is another thread for another forum). With the Intel roadmap showing 8-core CPUs by 2007/2008 though... just wow... I can't wait.

well, I haven't heard anything prior to this thread about a new dell 30", but I was expecting something regarding the price drops in the FPWs (24" new under 1k), so it's not completely surprising

ARGH!!! :(
I need more info on the dell 30" 3007wfp nowwwwww!!!!
.....ok ok so I'm impatient. :D

grdh20 said:
the suggested price might be a nice touch.

YA! In fact, you people should be out there hitting the streets so you can dig up some new sources of information. Twist some arms, rough some people up.....blackmail even! Do wut ya gotta do to get some new info on this product.
...........well whaddya waitin fer? GO........GO NOWWWW!!!!! :D

its nice but it be hard to game with that unless u sit a few feet back..not to mention its taxing to most cards. normal dvds would look really grainy since it already does on the 2405. other than that for normal browsing or work, it should be awesome...i might get one depending on how the next gen single solution cards can handle it..tht or i might get a westy since i can double it as a normal tv since i got the 2405 already

bench261 said:
its nice but it be hard to game with that unless u sit a few feet back..not to mention its taxing to most cards. normal dvds would look really grainy since it already does on the 2405. other than that for normal browsing or work, it should be awesome...i might get one depending on how the next gen single solution cards can handle it..tht or i might get a westy since i can double it as a normal tv since i got the 2405 already

No, I think with adjustments and the proper resolution it should be able to show games,tv and regular pc stuff pretty nicely. All this considering I'm planning on getting the next top of the line nvidia card after the 7800 gtx 512mb. The card based on the g71 chip should be out in feb.

bench261: said:
its nice but it be hard to game with that unless u sit a few feet back..not to mention its taxing to most cards. normal dvds would look really grainy since it already does on the 2405.
No, it would not look grainy. Even DVD rips which are generally inferior in quality to the original DVDs do not look grainy or blurry. Actually, high quality video like DVD or HD TV looks awesome on 30" displays. However, you will not like to view lower quality video content on a screen of this size. If lower quality video is what you regularly look at, stick to the 2405.

just been having a chat with a dell peep in the uk, its due out here this jan tho he wont tell me the price

Hmm... I thought there would be some info the day before it was going to be released. Seems there isn't any so far.

So ummm... where is it?!?! Its the 21st and still nothing on dell.com :confused:

Hoof said:
So ummm... where is it?!?! Its the 21st and still nothing on dell.com :confused:

Honestly, you think that they will announce their product exactly at midnight? Its not even the 21st here yet. Just wait and relax.

I'm trying to decide between 1-30" or 2-24" LCDs as I think price wise they will be similiar.

obs said:
I'm trying to decide between 1-30" or 2-24" LCDs as I think price wise they will be similiar.

There's actually not that much difference in number of pixels... 4.6 million pixels for 2 24" monitors, and 4.1 million pixels for the 30". I'd go for the 30" if they're the same price!

Leviathan3328 said:
Honestly, you think that they will announce their product exactly at midnight? Its not even the 21st here yet. Just wait and relax.
If im not mistaken when dell was about to release the 2405fpw they had announced it on their website about a week prior to release to let everyone know it was coming. And here we are on the "release day" of the 3007fpw and we have yet to hear any official word from dell that the model even exists. Im giving it a couple of hours like you guys said... we shall see.

A few more hours for me to cherish the fact that I have the largest Dell monitor..... the longer the 3007 takes to be released, the longer the 2405 remains on top.

Mwahahhaa...

JK! :p

3007.jpg

I don't see anything.
That link did work, I saw the promo for the 3007. However, when I refreshed the link, it was dead. Seems that dell took it down.

EDIT: Its up

Happy Hopping said:
Here's a primitive question: if you have 2 x 30" in front of you, in such a way that your front view is totally block, and the TV is behind the rear end of 30" LCD. So how would you watch TV while typing on the internet?

I only thing I can come up with is to make room for a small gap in between the two 30" (I haven't buy it yet) and peek thru that gap to watch the TV.

I can't think of any other solution. What would you do?

you mount them on those flexible arms and move them left and right to make space in the middle to watch your 65in plasma tv. easy enough. :D

Back