Dell 3008FWP for under $$1500!!!

Did anybody get these shipped to Canada yet? I tried to email the seller but I haven't got a reply back.

How is the 3008 AG coating? Is it better than the 3007? There is still a little?

Is there any 30" monitor that doesnt do AG coating?

I just order it. Mine is another $70 off for bing and another $17.56(2% off) from ebay for about $780. My cashback was instant and back to my paypal account.

I will be comparing this to my 3007 WFP which I got from 2 yrs ago which I bought refurb from Dell for $849.

Let me see if I will be disappointed with the muddy screen with AG coating and this blueish tint that I have now and this buzzing noise at the back.

I hope to get a new one.

Last edited:
The AG coating does not bother me as much as the dell U2410. Beside my monitors are toward the windows so the coating helps a lot. In fact it does a good job.

Looks like the guy have them for sale for 829.03 now. Looks like he has 6 of them or something.... I bought two of them at $878.00 and both came in the mail perfect condition. Oh well it was a good deal nearly almost 50% off already so I am not complaining.

Order mine this past Sun the 25th. Got a reply back from the seller on Mon AM asking him to give me a tracking #. Does the seller ship express? Whats the normal wait time?

All 5 of them since last nite and this AM .. gone

I bet some movie studio/advertising corp. bought it.

i got mine about a week ago. this thing is fantastic.

BUT becuase i just got unexpected news and I'm going to have to move soon which means apartment deposits are in my near future. that means bye bye 30 inch. i'm trying to offload this beauty now and it's killing me.

3008WFP does not have sparkle effect. It is a far superior display than 3007wfp-hc.

If you look real close on a bright green BG you can see the "sparkle effect." Anyway, the 3007 suffers from this problem to a greater degree. When I had my 3007 I noticed it on pretty much everything apart from dark colored backgrounds. Chances are they applied a thinner layer of coating on the 3008WFP.

@chong67

no i bought it from the ebay reseller refurbished with 2 year warranty roughly a week ago.

I have two of these 3008wfp monitors from precisiontechexperts (with a third one still inbound any day now) and neither one has had the warranty show up and be valid on the dell support site right away. The Dell support site said that the first monitor's service tag was invalid. I sent an email to precisiontechexperts (through ebay) and it took them a couple of days to respond, but they finally did and said they would take care of it. A few more days after that and they had the issue fixed. The Dell support site now shows the service tag of the first monitor as being not only valid, but also having two years + two months of advanced replacement warranty left. GREAT!

As for the second monitor, its service tag shows up as valid but it shows as not having any warranty at all. Yesterday I sent another email to precisiontechexperts about this second monitor's warranty but haven't received any response yet. I'm sure they are going to help me though. I'll report back when the warranty issue is fixed.

Oh, and they are both beautiful monitors with no dead pixels and no other problems that I can tell. And I don't notice any input lag playing fast-paced FPS on this monitor. Though, I should say that I'm only a casual FPS player so maybe I'm not attuned to that sort of thing.

Has anybody tried buying more then one at a clip from this guy? I bought one and want to get one more but I would guess he adds you to a block list for 10 days or something. What is the reasoning behind blocking someone? I have a perfect rep and pay instantly. Also this guy is not the fastest to respond but it looks like that is par for course although as long as i get my monitor i could care less ill wait another 10 days then.

The guy reply back to me within 1/2 day on my last 2 emails. I see my cc got charged yest. He promise me he will get me a tracking #. I shall see ..

Has anybody tried buying more then one at a clip from this guy? I bought one and want to get one more but I would guess he adds you to a block list for 10 days or something. What is the reasoning behind blocking someone? I have a perfect rep and pay instantly. Also this guy is not the fastest to respond but it looks like that is par for course although as long as i get my monitor i could care less ill wait another 10 days then.

Yeah, I bought three of them from this seller and he told me that his company's rules don't allow any one person/mailing address to buy more than one every 10 days. He wouldn't say why, but I believe this is because they do not want people to buy their monitors just to resell them. I'm not sure why even this would matter that much to them though.

And by the way, I do have all three monitors now and they all have no problems. None of them had the advertised two year warranties when I got them (as shown by the Dell support site) but the seller has fixed all three of them. The second one of the three took them three weeks to fix so they gave me 4 years (!!!) of complete care warranty on that one. I'm more than happy with that. But yeah, it always takes this guy a long time to respond, sometimes as much as a week. They always do seem to eventually respond to questions/problems and get them answered/fixed. Don't expect to ever get a tracking number though, it won't happen.

Last edited:
thanks sakkBoi you put my mind at ease. Ill have to order another one from him when they come available.

If you look real close on a bright green BG you can see the "sparkle effect." Anyway, the 3007 suffers from this problem to a greater degree. When I had my 3007 I noticed it on pretty much everything apart from dark colored backgrounds. Chances are they applied a thinner layer of coating on the 3008WFP.

Agreed. Did you notice that 3008wfp offers much sharper image quality.... Still, I cannot complain about getting the 3007wfp-hc from them for $650.:D

Does anyone know if the 3008WFP supports 2560x1600 over HDMI?

My laptop doesn't have DVI, but supports 2560x1600 over HDMI1.3.

I thought HDMI output would depend on your video card.

I did an experiment with my HDMI out using a DVI adapter and I cant get it up to 25x16.

I like to know myself.

I got my 3008 today. Its a refurb. Comes with nothing except the panel. No power cord and DVI cables.

I been playing for few hours now and the 3008 screen is much better than 3007 as far as AG coating. I can still see a little. I am trying to compare the 3008 vs the Dell 2405 from 2005 and see which flare better on the AG coating.

I got my 3008 today. Its a refurb. Comes with nothing except the panel. No power cord and DVI cables.

I been playing for few hours now and the 3008 screen is much better than 3007 as far as AG coating. I can still see a little. I am trying to compare the 3008 vs the Dell 2405 from 2005 and see which flare better on the AG coating.

Just send the guy an email and he will take care of that. Usually he will send dual DVI + power + USB uplink cables.

Mine is refurb as well but it looks brand new and in perfect working order. Also, just use the method mentioned in this link to check the hour
http://josh.st/2008/05/02/dell-2707wfp-lcd-monitor-service-menu/

Agreed. Did you notice that 3008wfp offers much sharper image quality.... Still, I cannot complain about getting the 3007wfp-hc from them for $650.:D

I do notice that. The colors definitely have more "pop" to them on the 3008WFP. I think that's why the image appears sharper.

Got mine two days ago, but I haven't had time to set it up yet. So far, I've had a great experience dealing with this seller, quick to answer questions. I live in Hawaii and they shipped it overnight for free!

Just send the guy an email and he will take care of that. Usually he will send dual DVI + power + USB uplink cables.

Mine is refurb as well but it looks brand new and in perfect working order. Also, just use the method mentioned in this link to check the hour
http://josh.st/2008/05/02/dell-2707wfp-lcd-monitor-service-menu/

I cant access the service menu on my 3008. Hit the 3 combo and the other button. Didnt come on. Anyone else got it to work?

Turn off the monitor first. Then press 3 buttons at the same time (use 2 hands:), the monitor will turn on. Nothing will be shown on the screen. Then press the other button. The service menu (small windows in blue back ground) will appear at the top left conner

I did extactly as you said. Just press the 3 button and release quickly or hold it? I try both. Monitor didnt turn on. I press the other button too after and it looks like the screen is still off. Everyone else got it to work?

All 3 buttons must be pressed and released at the same time then the monitor will turn on. Just try a few times then you will get it. After it's on then press the other button

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 3008WFP supports 2560x1600 over HDMI?

My laptop doesn't have DVI, but supports 2560x1600 over HDMI1.3.

I don't think the 3008 supports 1.3 HDMI which means you're limited to 1920x1080. If you wish to watch protected content @ 2560x1600, then DisplayPort is your best option

Make sure you got the 3008 drivers installed first then try the three button method. Won't work without drivers as it did not with mine

I went to Dell Support website and look for 3008WFP drivers and there are none. How do you all get yours? My refurb from ebay comes with nothing except the monitor. How to get the drivers? Thanks!

Yah, I was directly in Dell website and there are no files there. I do a google search and I found it and its like your path also. Thanks!

OK, I unplug all my monitor except the only one and I went to Control Panel and do a driver update on the Display. Got the 3008wfp on it.

Do a reboot and unplug/plug my monitor also.

Did the 3 button button and still doesnt work. Did Dell disable mine?

I email the seller again and ask him about my Service Tag which comes as invalid.

Yah, I was directly in Dell website and there are no files there. I do a google search and I found it and its like your path also. Thanks!

OK, I unplug all my monitor except the only one and I went to Control Panel and do a driver update on the Display. Got the 3008wfp on it.

Do a reboot and unplug/plug my monitor also.

Did the 3 button button and still doesnt work. Did Dell disable mine?

I email the seller again and ask him about my Service Tag which comes as invalid.

With the service tag, G looks like 6 and vice versa. Don't know if that applies to you.

Back