Dell 40% Off Inspiron

B

bostesseger69

This works on select inspirons.

71GRJ4ZVZMDWMJ expires 8/10/05 or after 4000 uses

its still good..depends on which model you choose
i tried it on the 700m and it worked fine

i got the 600m....its gonna be nice, and i also got the new computer in my sig, so i got style, mobility, and power :).

600m's a fine laptop. Just make sure you get a two-year warranty with it - trust me on that one.

You can also put together a great deal on a gaming laptop if you get a 9300 with this deal. Get a 1.6 or 1.73 ghz chip and a 6800 Go (AND the two year warranty!), and you've got something that can play all the newest games quite well. Of course, how it'll work with games a year from now, well, I wouldn't be quite as optimistic.

I was wondering if anyone thinks this is better than the $750 off $1499 coupon for an Inspiron 6000? Now, before everyone yells at me and says "50% off is obviously more than 40%", it seems that the base price for the 6000 has dropped considerably since the last 750off1499 coupon. It seemed like all the laptops that qualified for the 750off1499 coupon were marked up quite a bit. I just can't remember the specs of the last 6000 model that I configured with the 750off1499 coupon and how it compares to what I can get now with the 40%. Anyone have any opinions on this?

You are correct JayD, dell(like most businesses*COUGH*newegg*COUGH*) jacks the price up and then tosses a coupon in to make it an "OK" deal. The 40% is nice right now though...

I just put in the same specs I got for my 600m I bought two weeks ago with the $750off$1500 coupon - and it's $100 more with 40% off.

LtWaldo said:
I just put in the same specs I got for my 600m I bought two weeks ago with the $750off$1500 coupon - and it's $100 more with 40% off.

Yeah the 700m looks more expensive as well, but the link I got from xpbargains.com/dell goes to a configuration for a 6000 that I can't seem to find on my own on the website. Oh well, better deal now than the 750 off 1499 for this 6000 and comes with a free printer. Ordering one for my gf.

Maybe I'm just partial because I save 1450 rather than 750 with the 40% off coupon. Or maybe not!

XPS Gen2
P-M 2Ghz
1GB Ram
100 GB HD
256 6800Ultra
DVDR
3 yr warranty
XPS pack
2 9c batteries

$3,634.00
-$1,453.60
---------------
$2,180.40

jpopa said:
Maybe I'm just partial because I save 1450 rather than 750 with the 40% off coupon. Or maybe not!

XPS Gen2
P-M 2Ghz
1GB Ram
100 GB HD
256 6800Ultra
DVDR
3 yr warranty
XPS pack
2 9c batteries

$3,634.00
-$1,453.60
---------------
$2,180.40

You could have gone with the base 512MB of RAM and ordered another gig off newegg for a lot less. Other than that nice purchase! Good choice on getting a warranty with that beast. I stumbled upon a Dell kiosk in the local mall and saw the XPS Gen 2 and believe me; as big as you think this thing is, its bigger!

40% off is a better deal IF you plan on spending more than 1900 (before rebate) on your laptop. I configured the 700m with upgraded everything for 1900 and used the 750 off...40% of 1900 comes to 760 off ($10 difference)

JayD said:
I was wondering if anyone thinks this is better than the $750 off $1499 coupon for an Inspiron 6000? Now, before everyone yells at me and says "50% off is obviously more than 40%", it seems that the base price for the 6000 has dropped considerably since the last 750off1499 coupon. It seemed like all the laptops that qualified for the 750off1499 coupon were marked up quite a bit. I just can't remember the specs of the last 6000 model that I configured with the 750off1499 coupon and how it compares to what I can get now with the 40%. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Devin said:
40% off is a better deal IF you plan on spending more than 1900 (before rebate) on your laptop. I configured the 700m with upgraded everything for 1900 and used the 750 off...40% of 1900 comes to 760 off ($10 difference)

Right I understand that. My argument is that with the $750 off $1499 coupon, I believe that the Inspiron 6000 had a higher base price than it does now. So 40% of a base price that is at least $200 less makes it almost exactly the same deal. Don't let Dell's clever marketing fool you.

And if you want to get technical about it you could spend $1876 and save more with the 40% off coupon than the $750 off of $1499 deal.

You could have gone with the base 512MB of RAM and ordered another gig off newegg for a lot less. Other than that nice purchase! Good choice on getting a warranty with that beast. I stumbled upon a Dell kiosk in the local mall and saw the XPS Gen 2 and believe me; as big as you think this thing is, its bigger!

Of that I am aware, but I went with the 'High End' system they prebuilt, and then added on. That saved me money on the 100g hd, and the warranty. I think it saved a few on the video card. Overall, I think when I was figuring it out early, the prices I checked on ewiz.com(down with newegg!) were about what it would cost just to go without getting extra ram.

Holy crap, this came out just as i was ordering my laptop for college, and i had a 3k ish budget. It was amazing, i just maxed all its settings and buaght it. I know that i could have saved lots of money, bought from other places, and installed the hardware, but this was just an amazing experience. Man, if anyone is interested in these specs, please just reply to this post and i shal show you the light of heaven. (model: XPS gen 2) :D

lol....why did you get that thing for college....you are not gonna carry that to class....i got a 600m, great battery life.....and an extra battery, everything else was pretty much stock, and system in sig covers the gaming department :).

Becuase its dam sexy, dont make me unleash this puppy:

Inspiron XPS-Gen2,Pentium M 770 (2.13GHz/533MHz FSB)
1 17in True Life Wide Screen UXGA,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 2GB,DDR2,533MHz 2 Dimm,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra,for IXPS-Gen2
1 Dell 922 Printer Driver
1 100GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive, for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 English, for Inspiron XPS
1 Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access
1 Windows Media Player 10
1 Dell Resource CD with Application Backup,W/Tool, for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 Dell Media Experience,v2.1, for Inspiron
1 DELL SUPPORT 3.0,INSP
1 Integrated 1 Gigabit Network Card and Modem,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0, for Inspiron
1 8X DVD+/-RW Drive,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 CyberLink PowerDVD v5.5 Decoding Sofware for DVD Drives, for Inspiron Systems
1 Save $20 Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g,54Mbps), for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 Internal Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth for Inspiron 6000/9300/XPS-Gen2
1 Network Associates McAfee 6.0 English, 2 Year Subscription
1 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 Dell/My Way Home Page
1 No ISP Requested
1 Paint Shop Photo Album 5.1 Standard
1 Corel WordPerfect 12 plus Trial of Quartro Pro and Presentations
1 4 Year Limited Warranty
1 Soft Contracts - Qualxserve
1 Type 15- Third Party At Home Service with Nights and Week ends, 24x7 Technical Support, 3 Year Extended
1 Technical Support, 3 Year Extended
1 Technical Support, Initial Year
1 Type 15- Third Party At Home Service with Nights and Week ends, 24x7 Technical Support, Initial Year
1 $100 MAIL-IN REBATE 62105 Redeem within 30 days of ship at dell4me.com/rebates
1 Inspiron XPS, Specialized Support
1 80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Additional Battery,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2
1 Thank you for choosing Dell
1 Quickbooks 2005 Special SimpleStart Edition
1 256MB USB Memory Key, 2.0, forInspiron

omg...did you really get 2gb ram from dell...you just wasted like 800 of your good hard earned money...dummy

I have a maxed out 700m coming in a week or so...minus the ram...left it at 256 and have 2 gb pc3200 coming from crucial....should work great for me packing to/from school....

Have fun with that gen2 though :p though you might want to pickup a wrist rest, it's a thick one.

And yeah...I hope for your sake it isnt moving anywhere out of your room.

sin01 said:
Becuase its dam sexy, dont make me unleash this puppy:

Grats on your big e-penis, condolences on your ailing wallet.

You spent way too much money.

Edit: and you didn't even get a 7200RPM hard drive. Hope you're not planning on taking that thing to class.

sin01 said:
1 2GB,DDR2,533MHz 2 Dimm,for Inspiron XPS-Gen2

OUCH, you know you could've gotten this much memory from the egg for only like $200 right?

damn man, call dell and downgrade that to 256MB and then buy the memory somehwere else
:eek:

NEODARK said:
OUCH, you know you could've gotten this much memory from the egg for only like $200 right?

damn man, call dell and downgrade that to 256MB and then buy the memory somehwere else
:eek:

LOL I'm only spending 280 on 2gb crucial ram...and thats for 2 1gb sticks of pc3200 SODIMM....I would imagine regular ddr would be even less expensive.

Now just wait till he realizes what brand the ram is that he gets in there. I bought my mom a laptop a few months back and took out the dell ram to replace it with 2gb ddr...it was a sweet stick of infineon. Helped the girlfriend get her 700m setup last week...that was even sweeter. Removed the A-Data ram or some crap like that.

I was laughing to myself when the dell rep was trying to get me to upgrade the ram since I upgraded everything else..."oh you definately need more" .... "yes I'm aware, thanks. I plan on getting quality ram for less than half the dell cost for crap product"

i didnt earn it, i had a large budget, so i just went with it, i know about the deals and i will use them on my next purches, btw which is better newegg or ewiz?

Devin said:
Now just wait till he realizes what brand the ram is that he gets in there. I bought my mom a laptop a few months back and took out the dell ram to replace it with 2gb ddr...it was a sweet stick of infineon. Helped the girlfriend get her 700m setup last week...that was even sweeter. Removed the A-Data ram or some crap like that.

I was laughing to myself when the dell rep was trying to get me to upgrade the ram since I upgraded everything else..."oh you definately need more" .... "yes I'm aware, thanks. I plan on getting quality ram for less than half the dell cost for crap product"
At least for my Inspiron 9300, all the RAM from all of the manufacturers had the exact same speed and timings. And you generally can't tweak a damn thing anyway. I don't see much point in spending much extra for RAM just because it "never did you wrong" or whatever.

Guys you can get the 7800 GTX cards from Dell. Just call your order in and ask for it. They don't advertise them on their web site yet because they want to sell their stock of Radeons.

macaw said:
Guys you can get the 7800 GTX cards from Dell. Just call your order in and ask for it. They don't advertise them on their web site yet because they want to sell their stock of Radeons.

7800 GTX Go?? How much is that?

Back