Dell Announces 30" LCD 3007WFP 700:1, 11ms, 400cd/m2

miks23 said:
sounds like someone's got something to compensate for.

my 2405 has zero backlight bleeding and zero dead pixels. i moved from a 2005 with horrendous backlight bleeding so i'm well aware of what the problem is. the 2405 is extremely bright but it doesn't bleed.

lolololololololol

So I guess everyone with something "bigger and better" just has something else to compensate for?

:rolleyes:

RexPokinghorn said:
A 37" that does 1920 x 1080 is a TV not a monitor :p

Uhm

It is more of a monitor than any POS available now.

The Westinghouse 37" is the best PC monitor to game on that is available today. Why:

1. 1920x1080 is just perfect for most games to run max detail at, 2500x1600 will chug on high end systems at max detail

2. Sitting 2 feet away there is such clarity in the screen, you would not believe your eyes. This is a huge screen with an amazing picture!

3. It simply pwns

p.s.

What would you need a TV that does 1920x1080 for?

p.p.s.

What would you say is a better monitor? Certainly Dell's 30" will be just as lackluster as the 24", and look at those inputs... sad.

Huggles said:
Uhm

The Westinghouse 37" is the best PC monitor to game on that is available today. Why:

1. 1920x1080 is just perfect for most games to run max detail at, 2500x1600 will chug on high end systems at max detail

2. Sitting 2 feet away there is such clarity in the screen, you would not believe your eyes. This is a huge screen with an amazing picture!

3. It simply pwns

p.s.

p.p.s.

What would you say is a better monitor? Certainly Dell's 30" will be just as lackluster as the 24", and look at those inputs... sad.

Ok Huggles you have made your point, you are a Westinghouse 37" fan boy. We all know about the Westinghouse 37" and we dont care, this thread is for the dell 30" just leave it at that

Dapperdan said:
Ok Huggles you have made your point, you are a Westinghouse 37" fan boy. We all know about the Westinghouse 37" and we dont care, this thread is for the dell 30" just leave it at that

Oh my God, I just realized I am a fan boy and I have been cramming the 37" incher down people's throats. The monitor is the 37" incher, btw

Sorry, you're right I am in the wrong thread.

37" westy ftw k thx bye

Huggles said:
Oh my God, I just realized I am a fan boy and I have been cramming the 37" incher down people's throats. The monitor is the 37" incher, btw

Sorry, you're right I am in the wrong thread.

37" westy ftw k thx bye

Thats still not really ftw anyway, you payed what any where from 1500-2000, while I payed 400 for the 2405 and if I got the Westinghouse 37" I would have paid half what you paid so sorry you got the bum deal to me

Huggles said:
So I guess everyone with something "bigger and better" just has something else to compensate for?
Sorry dude but I really don't see why your 37" Westinghouse is so awesome. 1920 x 1080 sucks for a monitor of that size. As people have mentioned, the resolution is miniscule for a 37" LCD. And quite frankly, the 600:1 contrast ratio on that monitor is only slightly better than 500:1 on my BenQ FP937. Therefore I am inclined to believe it sucks hahaha.

Mojo said:
Sorry dude but I really don't see why your 37" Westinghouse is so awesome. 1920 x 1080 sucks for a monitor of that size. As people have mentioned, the resolution is miniscule for a 37" LCD. And quite frankly, the 600:1 contrast ratio on that monitor is only slightly better than 500:1 on my BenQ FP937. Therefore I am inclined to believe it sucks hahaha.

1920x1080 sucks for a monitor of this size?

Sigh, oh how the uninformed post... Other people have said the same thing until they either:

a. saw the monitor in person themselves
b. did and and said "OMG WOW" and bought the Westinghouse on the spot

1920x1080 is a great resolution for this size. The picture is extremely sharp.

I have a FP937 ( which I am typing on now ) and I've gamed on it. The Westinghouse has a much better picture.

Dapperdan said:
Thats still not really ftw anyway, you payed what any where from 1500-2000, while I payed 400 for the 2405 and if I got the Westinghouse 37" I would have paid half what you paid so sorry you got the bum deal to me

Yes but I make $300-$1000 per day, so saving a few hundred dollars is a choice, not a neccessity

I'm eager to find out the cost of the Dell 30", Somehow I guess they will have it jacked waaaaaaay up on first release. I guess.... $2600

Huggles said:
Yes but I make $300-$1000 per day, so saving a few hundred dollars is a choice, not a neccessity

Wow... that's a pretty big +/- with what you make there. So I take you make $300 a day most of the time and you made $1000 once a year?

Get real man and get out of our 3007 thread. Why dont you post a new thread and congregate with all your Westinghouse buddies?

You monitor (as you call it) is nowhere near the clarity of a true computer lcd, so stop calling it a computer monitor since, to me, it's a pretty UGLY looking LCD tv to begin with.

Specs vs Specs?

Westinghouse 37" vs Dell 2405 (not even the 3007)
Contrast Ratio: 600:1 vs 1000:1 (Oh... pwned!)
Viewing angle: 176 vs 178 (pwned again!!)
Dot Pitch: >/= .294 vs .270 (pwned for the THIRD time!)

2405 or 3007 ftw, buddy.

LOL!

Pinipig523 said:
You monitor (as you call it) is nowhere near the clarity of a true computer lcd, so stop calling it a computer monitor since, to me, it's a pretty UGLY looking LCD tv to begin with.

Specs vs Specs?

!

I've used a couple 2405s and they both had backlight bleeding, and I really couldn't notice any differences besides that.

How can you say it has nowhere near the clarity of a true comptuer LCD? This is an amazing screen. I ask of you to only take a laptop to your local Best Buy and see for youself. :)

Pinipig523 said:
Wow... that's a pretty big +/- with what you make there. So I take you make $300 a day most of the time and you made $1000 once a year?

Get real man and get out of our 3007 thread. Why dont you post a new thread and congregate with all your Westinghouse buddies?

Specs vs Specs?

2405 or 3007 ftw, buddy.

LOL!
I thought the westy dot pitch you listed looked a bit off (too small) so I checked it out. Turns out it's actually 0.4268, which is... horrendous. :eek:

But anyway, I wouldn't waste my time trying to reason with him. Fan boys are going to put down "competing" products no matter what. Even though in this case the 30" Dell or any of the high-res 30 inchers AREN'T really competing products, they're designed for entirely different purposes. The westy is a very nice HD TV, I'm sure, but the 30 inchers offer tons of desktop space, which is what I'm personally after, rather than just sheer physical size.

weemies said:
I thought the westy dot pitch you listed looked a bit off (too small) so I checked it out. Turns out it's actually 0.4268, which is... horrendous. :eek:

But anyway, I wouldn't waste my time trying to reason with him. Fan boys are going to put down "competing" products no matter what. Even though in this case the 30" Dell or any of the high-res 30 inchers AREN'T really competing products, they're designed for entirely different purposes. The westy is a very nice HD TV, I'm sure, but the 30 inchers offer tons of desktop space, which is what I'm personally after, rather than just sheer physical size.

setupmonitor.jpg

That isn't enough????

Lol, reason with yourself, the Westy is an amazing monitor, and I'm sure the Dell will be a nice option too.

westy ftw...

Huggles said:
Uhm

3. It simply pwns

p.s.

p.p.s.

Standard widescreen resolution is 1920x1200 for most games. Have fun playing it stretched :)

p.s.
1080p = 1920x1080 resolution :)

Huggles said:
Not to further derail this thread, but you must be in sales with such a wide income range.

Huggles said:
http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/hohorly.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Which is *gasp* a TV resolution!

If it supported at least 1920x1200 I'd almost consider it a computer LCD, but with such crappy specs it's most certainly an LCD TV with single-link DVI capability :)

RexPokinghorn said:
Which is *gasp* a TV resolution!

If it supported at least 1920x1200 I'd almost consider it a computer LCD, but with such crappy specs it's most certainly an LCD TV with single-link DVI capability :)

Hehe, well, my FP937 Benq only does 1280x1024, I guess it's just a crappy TV :(

Single link, dual link, or doob link, my Westy does 1920x1080 in stunning detail from my SLI GTXes. :)

You should go check out this monitor, I'm sure if you saw it in person you would sing a different tune :)

Huggles said:
Hehe, well, my FP937 Benq only does 1280x1024, I guess it's just a crappy TV :(

Single link, dual link, or doob link, my Westy does 1920x1080 in stunning detail from my SLI GTXes. :)

You should go check out this monitor, I'm sure if you saw it in person you would sing a different tune :)
The FP937 is a 19" monitor and 1280x1024 is standard for LCD monitors that size. I can tell you're ignorant when it comes to monitors, but this is borderline stupid :(

RexPokinghorn said:
The FP937 is a 19" monitor and 1280x1024 is standard for LCD monitors that size. I can tell you're ignorant when it comes to monitors, but this is borderline stupid :(

Now now, you don't have to resort to insults because your argument is weak.

The 37" Westinghouse is an amazing monitor, and many people in this forum agree. You just need to get up off your close minded butt and check one out at your nearest Best Buy. :) When the Dell 30" comes out, we'll compare the two.

Huggles: said:
That isn't enough????
No, it's not, but that's all relative isn't it?

I used to have a Sony 24" CRT for nearly 8 yrs, and it had a max res of 1920x1200, which is slightly greater than the Westy's 1920x1080 but in a much smaller size. Eventually, I purchased a 17" LCD to use as a secondary monitor, because the desktop space was simply not enough.

Now, I have an ACD with the Dell's res of 2560x1600, and can't fathom reverting to a lower resolution display. As a matter of fact, I still have the 17" LCD which I use to display monitoring apps or TV video output while I do my 'real' work on the ACD.

I'm sure the Westy is a very nice gaming and video content display, but you can't possibly compare the Westy to a 30" for true realestate. It's exactly like comparing the 30" ACD to the 22" IBM T221 (3840x2400). They're apples to oranges; two different applications, but both are killer products.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3007WFP/EN/about.htm#Specifications

Look at the spec., what is:

Height (fully extended in landscape mode)

559.7 mm (22 inches)

Height (compressed/locked in landscape mode)

469.7 mm (18.49 inches)

I can see the regular ht. is 22". But what on earth is a "Compressed/lockeded in landscape mode and somehow the height can shrink to 18.5 inch? That some magic. Anyone?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3007WFP/EN/setup.htm#Installing%20the%20Utility%20Tool%20(Microsoft%20Windows%20Operation%20Systems)
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3007WFP/EN/setup.htm#Installing%20the%20Utility%20Tool%20(Microsoft%20Windows%20Operation%20Systems)
By the way, you can see there are defect already on their own web site : click the above link:

Notice the "thicker" part of some of the words like "Re-Configure, Troubleshoot, Color Management"

As well, look at the word "Brightness Control", and look at the bottom of each word. For a $2K monitor, I expect better quality than this.

IF the above link doesn't work, click this:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3007WFP/EN/index.htm

and then select "Install Utility Tool" and see for yourself

Happy Hopping said:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3007WFP/EN/about.htm#Specifications

Look at the spec., what is:

I can see the regular ht. is 22". But what on earth is a "Compressed/lockeded in landscape mode and somehow the height can shrink to 18.5 inch? That some magic. Anyone?
If it's anything like the 2001/2005/2405 etc, the height can be adjusted... so fully extended and fully compressed... Also, the monitors have a history of being rotateable, ie landscape and portait.

Dude.. you cant compare a monitor whose dot pitch is .4268 vs a true monitor whose dot pitch is .270....

Which is clearer??

.4268 or .270?

Hmmm... I wonder.... it sure isnt that ugly silver BOAT of an LCD TV.

Huggles said:
The 37" Westinghouse is an amazing monitor, and many people in this forum agree. You just need to get up off your close minded butt and check one out at your nearest Best Buy. :) When the Dell 30" comes out, we'll compare the two.

You have an actual monitor - which spec-wise is better than the Apple 30" Cinema - and you have a budget priced Westinghouse LCD TV. Give me a break man, it's not even a comparison.

RexPokinghorn said:
If it's anything like the 2001/2005/2405 etc, the height can be adjusted... so fully extended and fully compressed... Also, the monitors have a history of being rotateable, ie landscape and portait.

YOu mean height of the neck?

Huggles said:
not impressive

I have seen the westy and Im very please with my dell, happy enough to pick up 2 more 24" when the 2407 comes out, nothing you said makes me want to switch....SO

DELL FTW

Back