Dell "Countdown" has begun.....2007...2407...(2707 ??)

Who said they are removing all the connections from the 2407?

JayD said:
Who said they are removing all the connections from the 2407?

Didn't you read vissione's post? The 2407 is only going to have dvi, and vga. HDCP itself isn't a connection I think.

StalkerZER0 said:
Didn't you read vissione's post? The 2407 is only going to have dvi, and vga. HDCP itself isn't a connection I think.
proof? otherwise, shens... :rolleyes:

The 2407FPW will be released April 1st at an initial retail price of $899. The 2707FPW will also be released that day and retail for $1199. The 2405FPW will be discontinued that day as well. Also, anyone with a 2405FPW that believes they can send it to Dell and get a 2407FPW in exchange will be surprised to receive a refurbished 2405FPW, quite possibly with backlight bleeding, dead pixels, and dirty fingerprints all over it.

JayD said:
The 2407FPW will be released April 1st at an initial retail price of $899. The 2707FPW will also be released that day and retail for $1199. The 2405FPW will be discontinued that day as well. Also, anyone with a 2405FPW that believes they can send it to Dell and get a 2407FPW in exchange will be surprised to receive a refurbished 2405FPW, quite possibly with backlight bleeding, dead pixels, and dirty fingerprints all over it.

And you get this information from where?

vissione said:
I've seen the spec sheet for 07 models .....
the 2407 does not have s-video, composite, or component inputs, only VGA and DVI-D with HDCP .....
spec sheet says release 23 Mar - 30 Mar.
Vissione, I'm sure your report is reliable----but how about some proof or a link or whatever? Thanks.

vissione or JayD --

is there any information on whether dell will switch to samsung-only panels in the 3007 on april 1st along with the release of the 2707, 2407, etc. or will they continue to use the current LGPhilips panel (or perhaps a combination of both)?

thanks...

As per my interview/visit at Samsung Austin Semiconductor last week located in Austin due to the large Dell influence there, I will let you know that Samsung plans on incorporating Dell as a subsidiary on April 1st of this year. So to answer your question, all Samsung panels will be Dell panels and vice versa.

JayD said:
Samsung plans on incorporating Dell as a subsidiary on April 1st of this year. .
Incredible news.
Peter Dell is selling his Co., the biggest PC Mfr in world, to Koreans?
I wonder how US Gov will react.
Back on topic: Do you think the new "07" panels will be at Cebit?
Thanks.

Zak said:
Incredible news.
Peter Dell is selling his Co., the biggest PC Mfr in world, to Koreans?
I wonder how US Gov will react.
Back on topic: Do you think the new "07" panels will be at Cebit?
Thanks.

First off, he's kidding...see the April 1st part?

Secondly, it's Michael Dell, not Peter...where the hell did you dig that up from?

I talked with Dell rep at the mall, and he has never heard of anything about a newer 24 inch monitor.

fishy1234 said:
I talked with Dell rep at the mall, and he has never heard of anything about a newer 24 inch monitor.

Because he's a Dell rep at the mall and they are about as retarded as you can get. "Reps" are poor excuses for employees they couldn't stand having at the headquarters, so they sent them away to places they'd never have to hear from them again.

Of course, the other explanation could be that he was playing dumb to avoid any violation of his nda.

hmmm. I ass-u-me that applies to the 2007wfp too.

If the price-point is the same, I wonder if there is even a slight chance that this:

Dell Home Customers: Save 25% off the Dell 2005FPW Flat Panel!

will make it to Thursday. I was all set to buy the Gateway but now I have to wait ... and wait... and wait...

Back