Dell Inspiron B130 14.1in WXGA, Pentium® M 1.8GHz, 1GB ram, Wireless Router for $424

kingj

Limp Gawd
Copy paste from FW (credits to DillPickle04 who copy pasted from hoosierdadi@SD, lol):

LINK

Grab a $35 coupon off ebay and you got:
Dell Home has the Inspiron B130 for $549 - auto $100 off - $35 coupon -$8.28 DPA +19 shipping = $424.73 and get a free Netgear wireless router!

Specs:

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 745 (1.80GHz/2MB Cache/400MHz FSB
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
14.1in WXGA Display
FREE! 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimm
Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics
40GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Internal 56K Modem and Integrated Network Card
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
FREE! Intel® PRO 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)
4-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (29 WHr)
1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr Mail-In Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support
Dell Home Customers: FREE Netgear WGR614 Cable/DSL Wireless Router!
-- end copy-paste --

IMHO I think this system is good if you're just looking for a cheap and decent laptop. I mean sure the 1.8 ghz + 1 gb ram is fine but you're talking about a 14.1" display in a bulky laptop (compared to the inspiron E series). You may also want to take into account that the video card isn't all too great either. But regardless this is HOT if you're looking for a great bargain on a fast laptop for office/school work. :cool:

nice find, sold my b120 with like half the quality in specs for 462.99 shipped on ebay not too long ago :p sooo glad i sold it when i did... :D

Yeah this definetely is a hot deal, but after seeing the other "warm" deal posted about the Duo Core dell laptop, this deal is has definetely gotten colder!

I know some of us love to save $ and grab a laptop for less than $500 but honestly you get A LOT MORE BANG out of the extra 200 bucks you spend on this deal

Haha I can't believe I just flamed my own post! :p

Well new CONROE around the corner that is why they are selling so cheap. Not to mention Dual core is almost $100 more.

The only thing i dont like about this particular line of laptops is some of the connectors on the inside are patently annoying. I do sub-contracted on-site service work for Dell.. And i've already gotten to tear apart a couple of the new CoreDuo laptops (shipped with lines in the screens, bad USB ports, etc). The mouse and keyboard connections are those annoying little ribbon cables without plugs on the ends, like this:

Palm06.jpg

(mouse)

Key06.jpg

(keyboard)

They are quite solidly built, however, with a metal mounting plate for the heatsink on the backside of the motherboard.

Diashto said:
The only thing i dont like about this particular line of laptops is some of the connectors on the inside are patently annoying. I do sub-contracted on-site service work for Dell.. And i've already gotten to tear apart a couple of the new CoreDuo laptops (shipped with lines in the screens, bad USB ports, etc). The mouse and keyboard connections are those annoying little ribbon cables without plugs on the ends, like this:

They are quite solidly built, however, with a metal mounting plate for the heatsink on the backside of the motherboard.

For the record they are called flex-print connectors..

Spazilton said:
For the record they are called flex-print connectors..

Also, aren't most laptops built like this? I co-own an IT asset recovery business and most of the older IBM laptop keyboards we get are connected through flex-print connectors.

Most of the smaller electronic devices today use flex print wiring in one way or another to reduce space.

Ill tell ya the fun part is actually repairing on of those flex print cables. Talk about tedious.

kingj said:
Also, aren't most laptops built like this? I co-own an IT asset recovery business and most of the older IBM laptop keyboards we get are connected through flex-print connectors.

Dells seem to be moving to the flex-prints connectors.. most of the older laptops that i see have these kind:

keyboard_08.jpg

This seems liek a good deal aand think I will order one this week. I know someone who wants a $400-500 machine for internet browing, basic email and to download audio books so I dont think you can do much better. thanks :)

Back