Dell laptop needs a new home CHEAP

beesquee

Limp Gawd
Upgrading to a new thinkpad so I'm putting the Dell up for sale:

specs - Dell inspiron 8200

cpu: 1.6ghz Pentium 4 mobile
mobo: brookdale i845mp
ram: 384 mb DDR
gpu: GeForce4 440 Go 64mb (no integrated intel graphics!)
hdd: 80gb
wireless: Dell Truemobile 1300 integrated Mini-PCI card 802.11 a/b/g
lcd: 15 inch 1600x1200 UXGA!
optical drive: Toshiba 8x dvd reader. 8x/8x/2x CD-RW
battery:Dell 66Whr
misc: 3.5'' floppy for modular bay. Modular bay will also accept an addition battery for extended runtime.
os: none, I'll be wiping the disk and the hard drive will come empty.

Condition: Fair, case shows some wear and light scratches. As you can see from the pics the left alt key broke off. Otherwise it's in good shape and fully functional. The hinge is firm and the lcd is still bright. The battery is showing its age and gets about an hour of runtime on conservative settings. Fresh batteries are availble for $45 on ebay.

This is a pretty basic laptop that I'm letting go cheap. Runs windows, office, photoshop and older games fine. Has a great high resolution display, big hard drive, DVD and CD burner and decent graphics. Would make a good work computer, compact server or just something to tinker with.

For the adventurous the CPU may be upgradable to a 2.2ghz P4M since that was the highest availible speed for this particular model at time of purchase. The graphics card is removable and may support something faster. Additionally there are tons of parts for 8xxx series inspirions availible if anything ever breaks.

Asking $240 obo shipped

References: 'lexsc3' on ebay with over 100 positive feedback.

THUMP
I have the p3 version of that
u might consider getting the fan ap to kep it from overheating :)

Sale pending to JayisunHJ, he offered $250. But if anyone would like to outbid him go ahead :p

Back