Dell Q6600 box from Hot Deals

Wharf_Rat

[H]ard|Gawd
For those of you looking for options on a q6600, dell has a deal on an Inspirion for ~460.00 +tax if applicable. I hovered over the buy now button, but havent proceeded yet... Details can be found in the Hot Deals forum:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1273209

I saw a few other folders snooping around over there. You might want to check out and see if those close to you on the ladder are secretly arming for an overtake! :p

I nearly bought one. But I don't need the whole desktop and I don't want to deal with swapping the CPU and selling the box.

I am in the same boat man...

I would rather get a mATX that I can OC with for my e6600, that the quad will replace. I did the math though, and this dell really is a decent deal, if you can use a whole box and dont want to OC.

You could do a pad mod to raise the FSB to 333 (from 266) and get a 3.0ghz machine (up from 2.4).

I nearly bought one. But I don't need the whole desktop and I don't want to deal with swapping the CPU and selling the box.

Yeah.. About what I said here.... I caved in a bought it afterall.

Yeah.. About what I said here.... I caved in a bought it afterall.

Sounds like rehab for your folding addiction might be ....

oh, nevermind

I can't preach from my position!

I must have built and nearly ordered that system ten times before I was finally weak enough to order. It doesn't help that a lady at work asked me for help finding her a new desktop today :)

- Off to find a cheap replacement CPU. :D

I must have built and nearly ordered that system ten times before I was finally weak enough to order. It doesn't help that a lady at work asked me for help finding her a new desktop today :)

And then mail the CPU to address: 116 ma.... awww you'll never do it :(

I pulled the same stunt, but in the end pulled the trigger...hope we get g0s in these things.

I pulled the same stunt, but in the end pulled the trigger...hope we get g0s in these things.

I hope so too. I've been checking the Slickdeals deal thread hoping to see someone post their stepping but so far, no luck.

Getting an extra 4% off for using my DPA account was nice too. :)

Yeah I did the DPA deal as well, ended up being ~447.00.

I don't know if it worked or not, but I configured the rig and saved my cart. Then I went to dell through ebates and loaded my cart. If it worked that will be another 2% cash back!

Trying to squeeze every penny, lol.

I had to do it twice. Once netted me 2% and it ended up being like $470 shipped. I went back and went through the purchase again with my Visa card, changing it to DPA at the last step. That gave me an additional 4% off.

Dell sent me two... and charged me twice... Not sure what I am going to do with them but at least one is confimed as a SLACR :)

Dell sent me two... and charged me twice... Not sure what I am going to do with them but at least one is confimed as a SLACR :)

Well we know what one you will be sending back;)

Does this mean you didnt check the other one? Actually I find it hard to believe that they would have the older steppings...as many as they push out.

Congrats man! I hope mine comes before the weekend. I got my mainboard and e2180 for my grand switcharoo that is upcoming.

I just haven't opened the other one yet. The first is in my old Xeon 3060 box right now running @ 3.15. Now to devise a way to keep both and sell the boxes they came in :)

Choder did you get a shipping notification before you got your Dells?

Mine still says in production, but I know sometimes I have recieved them before even getting the notification.

WHERE IS MY QUAD Michael Dell??

Back