Dell Shipping "Unleaded" Modems

weasel2htm

Limp Gawd
I was looking to see if there was a good SC420 deal and while looking at the SC430 I saw this and found it funny. I took a screen shot incase they fix it.
This is the first time I've seen a software modem called "Unleaded"

unleadedmodem.jpg

it's just probably RoHS-compliant (industry standard to eliminate lead from PCB) modem.

still its kinda weird the way they worded it. maybe you can get a 93-octane modem that reduces pings? ;)

QuantumSlip said:
it's just probably RoHS-compliant (industry standard to eliminate lead from PCB) modem.

I would think it is that too but yea that is a weird way of putting it. Kinda funny though.

QuantumSlip said:

still its kinda weird the way they worded it. maybe you can get a 93-octane modem that reduces pings? ;)

wow ive been laughing for 5 minutes thats pretty funny.

I can't remember what it was, but I seen something else with unleaded on it.

Oh yeah I remember now, it was my car!

No, seriously its to do with some future legislation for disposing of things with lead in.

Don't know if you know or even care, but at the moment most old computer components are shipped to China, where people get paid barely anything to melt them down. Then end up getting lead and mercury poisoning.

Taffy Apple said:
Don't know if you know or even care, but at the moment most old computer components are shipped to China, where people get paid barely anything to melt them down. Then end up getting lead and mercury poisoning.
Don't care really...the discussion is of hardware and not politics...lets keep it that way here.

MD

Taffy Apple said:
I can't remember what it was, but I seen something else with unleaded on it.

Oh yeah I remember now, it was my car!

No, seriously its to do with some future legislation for disposing of things with lead in.

That's assuming that they don't just get put in the local landfill. :rolleyes:

MD_Willington said:
Don't care really...the discussion is of hardware and not politics...lets keep it that way here.

MD

Actually, it's about anything concerning OEM systems, including things that OEMs do to dispose of parts.

From our forum guidelines:
2) This forum is for prebuilt, OEM systems that you would buy from companies like Dell or Falcon Northwest. Posts like 'Hey guys, what do you think of my new home-built PC' are perfectly good threads, but they do not belong here. They should go in the General Hardware forum. Other than that, just about anything on-topic is fair game. If you want to talk about a company's support issues, difference between brands, or even the general business practices that an OEM engages in, there's a wide range of topics that can intelligently and constructively be discussed in this forum.

Let's keep the job of moderating the forums to the moderators, please.

Back