Dell Studio 15 configuration questions

leetpyro

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

I was looking to get Dell Studio 15 for school (after figuring out the Asus U80V-A1 mysteriously got discontinued :( ), and I wanted to get some more information on some of the configurations.

First of all, I was looking at the video card upgrade. In Canada, its $100 to upgrade from the 256mb 4570 to the 512mb 4570. What's the difference between these two? Is it as simple as the VRAM upgrade, or are there any other performance upgrades?

Also, does anybody know how long the computer (config'd with the 256mb GPU) would last me on light use (such as note taking for school) with the upgraded 86 WHr 9 cell battery? Also do you have any idea of how big the battery is, and how much it sticks out from laptop compared to standard battery? Also, how is its weight? If someone has one, a picture would be awesome!

Hope someone can help! Thanks in advance!

Resolution? If your doing any gaming, I'd swing for the 512. Not likely any difference in clocks, but it's rare for a game to not use that much VRAM these days.

I personally despire 9cell batteries that stick out. Heavy, add size and bulk, and ruin the aesthetics.

Resolution? If your doing any gaming, I'd swing for the 512. Not likely any difference in clocks, but it's rare for a game to not use that much VRAM these days.

I personally despire 9cell batteries that stick out. Heavy, add size and bulk, and ruin the aesthetics.

Thanks for the response. I understand what you're saying about the larger batteries that stick out and ruin the aesthetics of the product, but I think I would have to get the battery in order to have a laptop that would last me throughout a 2-3 hour lecture without charge. That's why I wanted to know if anyone had any pictures or knew the weight of it so I could know in advance how big it really was, and how annoying it would be. :p

Back