Dell Studio XPS or Dell XPS 630

donks

n00b
My main problem with the Dell Studio XPS is the 360 PSU and the cheap motherboard they are using. The XPS630 seems like a good all around gaming computer (ie for games like wow/warhammer/etc) and for designing (photoshop, video work, etc). My question to you should I go with the Studio XPS because it is new technology or go with the XPS630 as it is more designed for gaming?

Personally I would recommend building your own computer if your intention is to game on it. Why? Because it's cheaper.

Personally I would recommend building your own computer if your intention is to game on it. Why? Because it's cheaper.

Almost everyone here would agree. Build it yourself, don't go too nuts. $1500 should be fine, then every year just save up $100-300 for upgrades. That'll net you a new video card, new cpu, and more ram for a 3 year cycle. Then save up for another build when your socket becomes discontinued. Seems that's what most people have done for their s775 systems. With current tech I'd probably step it up to an i7 build, then next year get a new video card, cpu after that, and finally more ram when ddr3 gets cheap. Feel free to omit any one of the three (most-likely the cpu upgrade) to save up more money for your next build.

This is just my opinion though.

Back