Dell U2311H - $199.99 w/ free shipping

Knew I should've bought two of these last night, ah wells.. guess we'll need to wait for the next sale then.

My single U2311H was wishing for a couple of more friends. Looks like that aint happenin' with this deal. ... :(

Came to work today and cried to my IT director about missing this deal by 5 minutes...

Before leaving he says he'll let me purchase it through their account here for $245 (tax+shipping included)

Done deal!

Im sure this deal will come back sometime soon...

Lol I told my wife about this deal and she gave me the go ahead, and I come back and they were sold out...Probably a good thing... :p

Your order (or part of your order) has shipped.
This e-mail contains the Estimated Delivery Date for your order(s), along with tracking and delivery information.
Thank you for choosing Dell!

==================================================================
Estimated Delivery Date & Tracking Information

Product Description: DELL U2311H 23IN Flat Panel Display, Client/Enterprise , Customer Install

Estimated Delivery Date: 01/18/2011

Hoping it gets here a little early, already ordered my 3rd DP cable from monoprice :D

Your order (or part of your order) has shipped.
This e-mail contains the Estimated Delivery Date for your order(s), along with tracking and delivery information.
Thank you for choosing Dell!

==================================================================
Estimated Delivery Date & Tracking Information

Product Description: DELL U2311H 23IN Flat Panel Display, Client/Enterprise , Customer Install

Estimated Delivery Date: 01/18/2011

Hoping it gets here a little early, already ordered my 3rd DP cable from monoprice :D

Is that the first email you got from them? Other than the generic ebay/paypal emails I've heard nothing from Dell so far.

first email I've gotten, tracking # now saying delivered tomorrow

I only got the original order confirmation e-mail and have not yet received an e-mail about shipping but when I clicked order status from the 1st e-mail it does now say shipped. It also now gives estimated delivery date as tomorrow (originally said 1/17/11.)

My single U2311h was getting lonely. <crosses fingers these two new ones will be non-defective>

Just checked FedEx tracking and it will be delivered tomorrow 1-11-11! This has to be a sign of me getting a perfect Dell monitor. (Who am I kidding)

Yeah, I just got a similar tracking number e-mail all of you did. Knowing Dell, I really wasn't expecting this monitor to even ship this week. This is a really awesome surprise.

Let's see what Revisions we get :D

I already have an A01, and I'm pretty happy with it!

uninja, what order status on the first email? All I've gotten was the paypal confirmation email. I checked my ebay and paypal accounts and can find nothing showing it shipped. Dell did leave me positive feedback already on ebay which should be a good sign but I've never received a single email from them.

uninja, what order status on the first email? All I've gotten was the paypal confirmation email. I checked my ebay and paypal accounts and can find nothing showing it shipped. Dell did leave me positive feedback already on ebay which should be a good sign but I've never received a single email from them.

same here... I have no idea whats going on with my order

same here... I have no idea whats going on with my order

So nether of you guys got the Dell confirmation order?

How would I check the revision of this monitor?

I got mine in today. It's the fastest I've ever gotten anything from Dell. I may have to give Dell's ebay account a positive review, lol.

So far, so good. No stuck pixels. Calibrated and referenced with daylight flooding my room, blinds down in the dark, and with room lighting. Unless the things I referenced against are also tinted (a U2410, an LG panel 2007WFP, printer paper, paper towel, my wall), then I cannot find any tinting issues.

How would I check the revision of this monitor?

I got mine in today. It's the fastest I've ever gotten anything from Dell. I may have to give Dell's ebay account a positive review, lol.

So far, so good. No stuck pixels. Calibrated and referenced with daylight flooding my room, blinds down in the dark, and with room lighting. Unless the things I referenced against are also tinted (a U2410, an LG panel 2007WFP, printer paper, paper towel, my wall), then I cannot find any tinting issues.
on the left side where the usb inputs are at, theres a tab that pulls out with all the monitors manufacturing info.

nope, no emails from dell at all, only one paypal receipt.

That is a bit odd. I would first contact Dell (not the seller) and see what's up. Considering they sold 1000 monitors in a few hours, maybe they forgot to send you a confirmation.

Wish you the best of luck.

OOH, I have to add, one thing that is not perfect with this monitor is that it does have some backlight bleed.

This first picture I took (with my Galaxy S Captivate) with the night time mode:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/174/20110111174055.jpg

The second was normal mode:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2821/20110111175452.jpg

The second is much closer to what I actually see in person. The first, however, does highlight where the backlight bleed is. From the second you can see it's actually pretty slight, although present.

I checked the back sticker (couldn't find that pull out tab some people wrote about) and it says A01, unfortunately. This isn't an issue for me as I seemed to have lucked out on the monitor lottery.

Anyone else get their's yet?

FYI I bought mine at about 11:30p last Thursday (the 6th). Used a credit card linked to my PayPal. My original shipping estimate was the 17th, like everyone else. Got a confirmation on Friday and was listed as "In Production" all the way up until Monday, where the Fedex tracking said it was actually on its way already.

That is a bit odd. I would first contact Dell (not the seller) and see what's up. Considering they sold 1000 monitors in a few hours, maybe they forgot to send you a confirmation.

Wish you the best of luck.

I was one of the 2 that said that. I got the 3 monitors today. Then about an hour later I got an email stating they shipped TODAY. Kind of unlikely since they were already here. So far set up 2 and they seem to be okay. Will update how the 3rd works out when I get it tested. Can't wait for my videocard to arrive to try eyefinity :)

I got mine as well. I have it on now, but I haven't run any tests or calibrated it yet. So fer though it seems pretty nice, but I will be check from bleeding and so forth soon. Revision A01.

on the left side where the usb inputs are at, theres a tab that pulls out with all the monitors manufacturing info.

Where exactly is this? I found the usb inputs no problem but see nothing else on that side of the monitor that may pull out.
Nevermind... I thought you meant something physically pulled out that you could read it off of. I was looking at the left side of the monitor and not behind it. There are 4 usb ports and that was what threw me off.

Where exactly is this? I found the usb inputs no problem but see nothing else on that side of the monitor that may pull out.

There is no pull out. Look at the back side of the monitor at the bottom near the DVI/VGA/D-Sub connections, there is a sticker with a barcode on it and small text that says the Rev number like A00, A01, etc.

All 3 of mine are A01 with a manufacture date of November 10. They don't appear to have any dead pixels and will have to test for tinting/backlight bleeding. So far though they seem great.

mhmm thought there was a pull tab, my bad, my 2209WA had one so I assumed it'd be the same thing.

EDIT: just got back from a trip, and i find it on my doorstep (LA) -___-, i didnt ever receive anything from dell (emails, call, shipping notification on paypal or ebay) but its here! and im glad no one stole it.

its a rev a01, and so far, ive noticed no dead pixels, some purple to bluish tinting on both sides of the panel with a black screen up, and some backlight bleeding on all four corners, top right being far worse than the rest, now to decide if i should ship it back for a replacement :\

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, even though the Dell website still indicates it's in production.

I feel kind of bad, because I think I lucked out with a good monitor. Backlight uniformity is excellent, little backlight leak and no dead pixels I could see.

I feel bad, though, because in TF2 it still just feels like there is too much input lag, compared to my CRT. I was trying to melee someone and I kept missing, due to the input lag. Other than that, the monitor looks beautiful, and the black level is even fairly respectable for an LCD. Welp, back to my CRT die-hard ways.

At least I have a friend who said he'd buy this one from me if I didn't like it, so no problem there.

Back