Dell U2311H

Does anyone have a clue what the difference between REV is?? I didn't find any information what is the difference between REV A02 and A03?? Are some screen issues fixed or what?? Any information would be much apreciated.
Ty

A higher revision number means that it is a newer production and may fix several issues from the previous revision. So A03 is better than A02. Dell does not openly disclose what the changes are....i think.

Sometimes it's just changes in production suppliers, etc. Not necessarily better....

Does anyone have a clue what the difference between REV is?? I didn't find any information what is the difference between REV A02 and A03?? Are some screen issues fixed or what?? Any information would be much apreciated.
Ty

Most of the time it is just firmware changes. Seldom are their physical changes.

Bought one (A01) because of recommendations from different forums, including this one.

Terrific image quality and viewing angle, but I can definitely notice ghosting, even when watching videos on youtube. Bare in mind my last 2 monitors were Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX and Sony SDM-HS73. Current machine is running i5-2400 w/ 4GB ram on Asrock H67M-GE. Does a slow graphics card (built-in HD 2000) make ghosting worse?

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to physical changes but to firmware changes. I read on other forums that there are no visible changes in image quality between REV A02 and A03. Apparently they are the same set side by side. I am asking about the REV as in my country the monitor REV is A03 and I don't want to have any nasty surprises regarding the quality of the image and the overall quality of the monitor. I don't play any hardcore FPS just COD2 and League of Legends and from what i read it's supposed to handle games pretty decent.
At the moment i have Samsung 940BF and i am really pleased with the performance it offers in games and movies. I do hope this Dell won't disappoint.

Anyone tried connecting this monitor via D-SUB? Is the image quality that bad when using this connection? I want to buy 2 DELL U2311H and connect them to my notebook (1 HDMI and 1 D-SUB). Thanks in advance!

Returned mine to Dell
Had a vertical purplish band on some items and when used on my 2007 ultrasharp no issue
Would have tried another monitor(U2311h) but they passed me from person to person(over 9 people) for 1 hour and 45 minutes, i finally had to get pushy and just said i'm sending it back and get a refund.

my uses are mainly fps gaming mostly Battlefield series and web browsing i have 3 monitors to choose from
AOC i2340Ve , AOC e2343f, and Dell U2311

Does anyone have brightness problems with this monitor? My left side is brighter than right side...but only in white color..So when I open two web pages I can see difference because in web pages is a lot whiteness... But in other colors I don't think I see any difference. Is this ok to get replacement?

Hi board,

I've recently bought a new u2311h, as it appeared A03 revision, here in Poland. I can say that I'm quite dissatisfied, I also got wonderful 2209WA, but I just bought some screen that was supposed be similar to mine and little better (like Full HD).
It's hard say, but i feel cheated, rly, the colour with high contrast are clashing, I reduced each RG&B to make it working well. I cannot achieve nice looking warm colors.

I perceive all clashing a little into blue. And obviously right bottom blue-tinting, not visible from proper distance. I got it hooked up with DVI to my thinkpad tablet X200, I made a comparison
with the great IPS screen of thinkpad with vivid color and nice blacks. VGA connection seems to look the same. Will DisplayPort help ?
For me the grey-colouredblue-s*** is unacceptable. What do you think ? Should I sent it back ? When I take a look at pictures no matter how I try all pictures seems to have greyish shadows, like it should be a little deeper black , but it is not. Sorry for pic quality, I just used my smartphone.

Below comparison between u2311h and x200 screen:

u2311h
IMG_20110823_174142.jpg

thinkpad x200
IMG_20110823_174159.jpg

Last edited:
Hello

I'm torn between several screens. I do not know which one to take.

So i was wondering, should i take the U2311H (i found one at 215 €) or the newer U2312hm?

From what i have read in this thread, many people had problems with that screen.

I am wondering mainly because i have seen the responsiveness test from tft central, and the 2312 looks like it shows ghosting
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

Just took the case off mine, looks like running these without the case is not possible without modifications. The back panel with the vesa mounts is not secure without the case unlike other dell monitors.

Hello guys, looking to build eyefinity with 3x U2311H. For now I have only one U2311H (rev.A02) and have a possibility to grab second monitor but it's rev.A03. Can I experience any problems of different revisions? Is it worth to mix revisions, because it's really hard to get all three rev.A02?

Sorry for the huge bump, but can someone confirm if this is a wide gamut or normal gamut monitor?

I just calibrated mine and the colors still look way oversaturated compared to my primary monitor.

...okay, so it's "standard" mode that's oversaturating the colors. Setting it to custom fixes it.

Aaaaaand

another huge necro to begin and bring this thread full circle through the product lifetime

The first of my 3 U2311H failed this morning, the backlight comes on for about 1.5 sec and then goes off. Suspecting caps in the inverter or a cold joint going to the CCFL.

I am off to google for a teardown vid, if anyone knows of one off hand I will check back.

edit/ LOL! the top hit for disassembly is in THIS THREAD, link points to asian language site with good teardown pix.

Turns out my specimens are actually U2311Hb REV A01, build date Feb 2011. PSU board is E162032 VOL. 3

all the caps look visually good, next step is wire it back up on the bench and listen for HV frying at startup...stand by /edit

edit2/ no sizzle detected so moving ahead with electrolytics, BOM to recap the E162032 VOL. 3 follows

7@ 330uF 35V 5mm lead spacing 17mm max height all caps except the big one
2@ 220uF 25V
1@470uF 25V 5mm lead
2@ 22uF 50V

and the big boy
1@ 150uF 450V 7.5mm lead spacing 20mm

all radial can

if digikey is your preferred source I include my cart

7@ 399-6126-ND
2@ 493-11674-1-ND
1@ 493-1826-ND
2@ 493-11357-1-ND
1@ 1189-1353-ND

/edit2

Last edited:
well shit...recapping the board did not fix it

anybody got one with a bad panel??

Mine eventually developed a line of stuck pixels near the bottom. Looks like other people are getting the same problem.

I've looked at some of the new fast IPS monitors to replace it, but the viewing angles are worse, and there is way more IPS glow than U2311h. It seems like fast IPS is a hybrid between TN and IPS.

Last edited:
Back