Dell U2410

Hi, can anyone show me the way to check if I got a uniform u2410. people said adding saturation to a white image, how exactly it is done though?

I got a print screen on notepad saved as jpg file, then I open it in the photoshop CS2, then go to adjust the image with +88 saturation, but nothing change on the image.....

If the white is uneven to the point that it would have to be returned, you'll be able to see it without any extra "mojo". If you don't see any unevenness right away, I would advise to stop looking for problems and enjoy your unit.

If you still wish to make sure, it's always the best to use a color calibrating device. It's hard to tell the real situation based on a photo.

thanks Goodcoin, finally i got a person replied...

the problem is i don't have any calibrating device, and i'm not sure how to make use of photoshop to saturate the picture. i retook a better quality white picture, hopefully you guys can help me to judge if I should return the monitor or not:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7545/72480190.jpg

For some reason, your image is greyscale. The photo needs to be RGB. You can't change saturation of greyscale images. Because there is no color in them.

that looks pretty good me.

Also, I used the Picture in Picture function the other day, quite handy.

This is the precise picture I took and saturated:

P1070309.jpg

P1070309_copy.jpg

Any advice to return it or not?

Don't return anything.

Saturation just highlights the unevenness of the colors captured by the camera. It has nothing to do with the actual quality of your display.

If you don't see any heavily apparent unevenness with your naked eye, that means there isn't any. Simple as that.

i hope it the issue is what as Goodcoin mentioned. but i can tell there is pinkish tint on majority (right 3/4) of the screen, especially when working on excel spreadsheet comparing the grey grid lines on different spots, or when looking at the white Google search web page.
Other than this tint issue, there is no backlight bleeding or banding or flicking or dead pixel or light pixel.

Should I still got it replaced by Dell within this 30days (as I just purchased it)? or just live with it considering that another replaement may likely to have the same issue or worse?

I don't want to wait for U2413, although it is believed to have better uniformity, as its price will most likely be over my budget, say pricing at $550 plus?

Well, if the pink tint is clearly distinguishable for the naked eye, then it's a well enough reason for a replacement, methinks.

Yes, there is a chance that that the replacement unit might have the same issue or something even worse. Also, I've heard that Dell has a bad habit of sending refurbished monitors as replacement, although that might be just folklore. But, as I understand, you can keep replacing until you get what you want, it's just a matter of nerves and patience.

yorka, correct me if im wrong but those pictures look like simple print screen images, and we cant see the tinting unless you take pics with a camera.

As pointed out by a previous poster, print screen images won't show any actual tinting issues. That's because print screen captures only what system sends to the display, but not what the display actually shows.

But the camera shots may also be misguiding for us, because the camera adds its own color distortion, exaggeration, etc. So, basically, it's you who really should decide in this case: we won't be able to tell you for sure how bad it is for you, for your actual experience.

You may get used to the tinting to the point when you stop noticing it at all, but that may take some time. Personally, the only deciding factor here should be how much is it worth bothering, keeping in mind all the possible things that could go wrong with the replacement.

Hello,
by a technical problem with the dell 2408
I was sent as a replacement model U2410,
I compared them next to each other and the difference in blacks and contrast is abysmal,
but worst of all is the bevel or glow "white" as you look from the sides or ends, really did not expect this from the H-IPS.

I'm thinking about continuing with the 2408 even if the displayport problem, also has black and 10,000 hours of light.

Greetings.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
hello, recently i both a dell u2410f, rev a10. it has 1 dead/blocked pixel and some backlight bleeding. I attach a few photos with it, at diffrent camera settings. Please tell me if the backlight bleeding problem is big or not regarding my monitor. Should I return it and get another one? What ar the odds to receive a new monitor with more problems (backlight bleeding)?? Thank your very much, Cristi.
DSC_3126.JPG

DSC_3127.JPG

DSC_3128.JPG

DSC_3129.JPG

DSC_3131.JPG

DSC_3133.JPG

DSC_3134.JPG

DSC_3135.JPG

Well, there's always a chance that the replacement monitor could turn out to be even worse. But also there's a chance that it could turn out to be just perfect. It's really hard to say for sure. I guess the question here is this: Does the issue bother you to the point that you might be willing to take that chance? According to the photos, the bleeding is quite noticeable, but it doesn't seem like it should affect the actual usage too drastically.

Have thrown away the box it came with, and there's no sticker on my U2410.
Is there any other way to find out which revision it is ?

Back