Dell UltraSharp U2713H or U2713HM?

balema278

n00b
Which is best for gaming? And generally does Dell has a beter 27 panel for gaming except from these 2?

Thank you in advance!

U2713HM=quality control plagued (google U2713HM cross-hatching=panel feature) and it may suffer from very obvious overshoot ghosting depending on the revision
U2713H has double the lag vs. competitors and very obvious overshoot ghosting. It's a wide gamut monitor meant to be calibrated and used in color managed programs for work. It does have a game mode with lower lag but it has poor colors, locked color settings and uses the displays native, wide gamut=inaccurate and over-saturated colors, plus it still suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting.

You want the BenQ BL2710PT, Eizo EV2736W or Viewsonic VP2770

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers!

So NCX if I understood well with the DELL screens even I am not a fanatic gaming player but I will play that is for sure I will face many problems, right?

Also between Eizo EV2736W and Viewsonic VP2770 which do you think is better for gaming? And which is better from these 2 except from gaming and for general purposes like movies & nternet?

Most of Dells current models offer two special features: obvious overshoot ghosting and/or quality control issues which competitors lack. The overshoot ghosting shows up when scrolling text, during slow camera movements in movies, ect...it's hard to find monitors with such obvious ghosting these days.

Get the EV2736W if you can afford it since it may have almost no glow=massive advantage in dark scenes in games, movies, photos, ect. Make sure to purchase it from a retailer with a hassle free return+exchange policy like Amazon.

DVI-HDMI adapters/cables are cheap and one should use the displayport or dual-link dvi port for PC use.

So I won't lose any of the quality if I want to connect a device via HDMI to the screen with the adaptor?

LOL, I really don't get all the hate addressed towards the U2713HM. I'm really happy with my display, I must have won a dell quality lottery, but it's also hard to believe that the quality differs so much on same models of this dispaly..

LOL, I really don't get all the hate addressed towards the U2713HM. I'm really happy with my display, I must have won a dell quality lottery, but it's also hard to believe that the quality differs so much on same models of this dispaly..

Same here, I must be a lottery winner.

I love mine.

Back