Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" S-IPS 2560x1600 monitor $1049.30+tax incl. ship @ Dell

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Clicky!

Enter the following coupon code after adding to cart: X$0SQC0B7J0JBN

Ripped from DJ3xclusive of SD, thanks. Includes 3-yr advance exchange warranty, brand new.

EDIT: The code has been changed to 25% off but people are reporting using live chat with the screenshot I posted on the SD thread of the code @ 30%, to get the full discount. Your mileage may vary. The screenshot is below:

delldealhaha.jpg

Last edited:
:cool:

I just can't justify spending that much on a (nice) monitor anymore. I paid around $750 for a 1600x1200 20" LCD a long time ago when those were new, and that was a deal at the time. I spent $270 last time on a 1920x1200 26" LCD. If I wanted more screen space i'd probably just grab another 26" LCD.

Good deal anyways.

Very tempting, if I didn't have a 30" 3008wfp I would get one.

That's about $450 savings! Soooo tempted...

This coupon is good til Jan. 31. I'll be back for it when a few consulting checks clear in 2 weeks. :D

I just can't justify spending that much on a (nice) monitor anymore. I paid around $750 for a 1600x1200 20" LCD a long time ago when those were new, and that was a deal at the time. I spent $270 last time on a 1920x1200 26" LCD. If I wanted more screen space i'd probably just grab another 26" LCD.

Good deal anyways.

I don't know of any IPS panels that are 26", :). They're a different class of monitor than those things are, and not just because of size but also quality.

Good deal anyways.
Sounds like you have a Dell FP2001. I bought one too for that amount and I still use it as a second monitor...after over 7 years of continuous use. Not only are we talking about monitors with IPS panels that are capable of displaying more accurate colors, but the build quality is better too. I'm not sure my FP2001 will ever die. Kind of like the HP 890C I had to finally give away because it wouldn't die after over 10 years of use.

Sounds like you have a Dell FP2001.
Yep, that's it. It was a nice monitor. :D

I don't know of any IPS panels that are 26", :).
Of course. My current one is a wide gamut TN. I don't do press work and it's more than fine. I consider it one of the best monitor deals I've had in a while. I watch movies and play games on it.

if you were dumb enough to pass up on the last sale on this monitor at nearly the same price, don't miss this one. The last sale got me a new U3011 shipped for $1074. I think i might order a second one with this sale...

Very very tempting, I don't think we'll see another sale like this on a monitor of this caliber for quite some time. Im surpised as hell to see one this soon after the last.

I was considering posting this. I saw it over at SD and bought one right away. I've been waiting for this deal for literally 4 years.

if you were dumb enough to pass up on the last sale on this monitor at nearly the same price, don't miss this one. The last sale got me a new U3011 shipped for $1074. I don't think we'll see another sale like this on a monitor of this caliber for quite some time. Im surpised as hell to see one this soon after the last.

I too bought one for the $1074 shipped, and was the best decision I ever made. I've always wanted a 30" monitor and game at 2560X1600, and it is purely amazing.

If your thinking about it, just buy it if you can. You won't regret it.

I too bought one for the $1074 shipped, and was the best decision I ever made. I've always wanted a 30" monitor and game at 2560X1600, and it is purely amazing.

If your thinking about it, just buy it if you can. You won't regret it.

Really, if someone wants to change their mind, it will sell for more than what they pay. Sounds like a zero risk investment.

Frak. What to do with my 3007 if I get this? Anyone interested in a 3007 non HC model?

I was actually thinking about getting the 2411 or 2711, but damn at that price the 30 looks very tempting

I have a single 5770 powering a 22" currently and it plays everything I throw at it with grace like L4D2, FEAR2, TF2, AvP. I would probably need a second 5770 or a totally new card to power the 27 and 30 inchers, right?

I was actually thinking about getting the 2411 or 2711, but damn at that price the 30 looks very tempting

I have a single 5770 powering a 22" currently and it plays everything I throw at it with grace like L4D2, FEAR2, TF2, AvP. I would probably need a second 5770 or a totally new card to power the 27 and 30 inchers, right?

Yeah, you'd want something a bit beefier for this resolution (2560x1600), for sure.

Really, if someone wants to change their mind, it will sell for more than what they pay. Sounds like a zero risk investment.

It's returnable for a full refund I believe within 21 days, as well :).

I'd take the single 30" for work use and 3 x 22-24" eyefinity setup for play.

Another 5770 wouldn't work well because of the limited VRAM. You really need a 6950/6970 or GTX580 at this res.

http://www.techspot.com/review/209-ati-radeon-hd-5770/page4.html plenty of HD5770 benchmarks at 2560x1600

A single HD5770 isn't too bad. CFX should be decent. eta: crossfire benchmarks @ 2560x1600 http://www.elitebastards.com/index....e-review&catid=35:gpus&Itemid=27&limitstart=4

Hope they have this monitor in stock in another couple weeks. Going to have to see what CES has in store.. and I just keep thinking about all the sh!t I can buy for $1140.. (my cost after tax), but to those who can afford it without a flinch.. I envy.. Do I rush to save $450 only to spend $1140.... oh man.. must resist!!

The only glossy 30" are the Apple cinema displasy IIRC.

If you don't like the matte anti-glare, it's not horribly difficult to get rid of (just voids the warranty ;) )

I did (with 3008wfp's) and never regretted it for a second. Now . . . the only question is whether to dump the 3008's for these ;)

if I wasn't waiting on my 3rd 3007...I would take your 3008 "hand me downs" haha

The only glossy 30" are the Apple cinema displasy IIRC.

If you don't like the matte anti-glare, it's not horribly difficult to get rid of (just voids the warranty ;) )

All the Apple Cinema 30" displays I've ever seen had a matte finish.

lol, another screen to add...to your floor while you wait to build your rig? haha

well @ least those 3x2407's now have company
Actually, sorta.

I have 2x 2408WFP's on my floor but 1x 2408WFP on my standing desk "my work station" with my Macbook Pro. So as soon as the u3011 comes I will switch it out with the 24" on the standing desk.

Then the 2x 2408WFP's will have company when their brother joins them.

Woo.

Depends on what you are playing. If you'd put the Eyefinity in portait mode I'd go with this, but say you play racing games the 22's in landscape would be great.

WoW, CS, COD, SC2?

At least the coupon lasts until the end of the month but damn its pretty tempting.

Back