Dell UltraSharp U3011 30in IPS LCD Monitor (2560x1600!) $1124.25 Free Shipping

This coupon is for 25% off. I missed the 30% off coupon in the beginning of January, even though I've heard people have still talked to a rep and gotten nearly the same discount. Either way, my bank has a rewards shopping program so I can earn 2% cash back on any purchases from the Dell website so I guess it works out to almost the same thing.

Just placed my order, thanks for the heads up!

I'd really like to get a 30" LCD, but I'm worried about it dying in 4-7 years. I've kept my screens for about 5 years, and the 30" are just too expensive when you figure cost over the lifetime.

To justify the price of the 30", it'd have to last me about 7-10 years for me to feel like it was worth it. Yeah, I know it's a bigger screen, but it's way too expensive compared to the 24" and 3x24 configurations.

This would be incredible but I'm a bit worried its too big. I've been eying a U2410 and the coupon code works for that too.

How far away should a 30"er be?

I picked up the U2711 model and whatever the 24" ultrasharp is yesterday for 25% off each. I agree the 30" is just too big, at least for my set up. It came with a 3 year advanced exchange warranty though so if it even looks cross-eyed at me it's going back.

Saved some decent coin but then I naturally got raped again by Cali sales taxes.

This would be incredible but I'm a bit worried its too big. I've been eying a U2410 and the coupon code works for that too.

Text size for 20" and larger screens should be about the same size. So you wouldn't sit any further away from a 30" than you would a 22" or a 24" LCD unless you specifically wanted to adjust the font size. The difference is that a 30" fills more of your peripheral vision than a smaller monitor does. Trust me, it's not too large.

No such thing as to big lol but really I love my 30. When your gamming it really fills up your field of view. My wife games on a 32 on her desk lol So the 30 is just fine.

wait what? There a 25% off for the U2410? Wheres the code?

Strange, but I guess it doesn't matter, however I am getting $150 off without the coupon.. was thinking it would take another 25% on top, probably doesn't apply cause its already discounted.

dell.jpg

just a follow up, Dell Home needs the coupon to get the $449 price, while Small Business is $449 w/o coupon ..... and the code only works in Home

Yeah that - $450 for a 24" monitor - is not a deal regardless of the method required. It's OK, but not a deal.

This does not work on the 24 or the 27. Both models have a discount applied without the code but this code does nothing. It will show at the bottom that you added the coupon that doesnt apply

Text size for 20" and larger screens should be about the same size. So you wouldn't sit any further away from a 30" than you would a 22" or a 24" LCD unless you specifically wanted to adjust the font size. The difference is that a 30" fills more of your peripheral vision than a smaller monitor does. Trust me, it's not too large.

Text size is considerably smaller than a 24". I moved from a 2407wfp-hc and text was way bigger on it. I had to up the text size in windows on my 3008wfp because I had to squint to read it and it was giving me headaches.

I don't know how well this pic will work but its worth a shot.

Didn't turn out great oh well. But the default 100% is very small.

I don't know how correct these numbers are but the intertubes say the dell is .25mm dot pitch and a 24" is around .27mm

Last edited:
Text size is considerably smaller than a 24". I moved from a 2407wfp-hc and text was way bigger on it. I had to up the text size in windows on my 3008wfp because I had to squint to read it and it was giving me headaches.

I don't know how well this pic will work but its worth a shot.

Didn't turn out great oh well. But the default 100% is very small.

I don't know how correct these numbers are but the intertubes say the dell is .25mm dot pitch and a 24" is around .27mm

There is some difference but I don't think it's massive. My 20" monitors basically have about the same sized text as my 30's do. All are using the normal font settings in Windows 7.

There is some difference but I don't think it's massive. My 20" monitors basically have about the same sized text as my 30's do. All are using the normal font settings in Windows 7.

My glasses probably make a bigger effect also. They make stuff smaller so that's probably why I noticed it alot more.

one exception would be 27" displays with 2560*1440 resolution (108.79 PPI)
text was significantly smaller than a 24" at 1920*1200 (94.34 PPI)

30" at 2560*1600 is 100.63 PPI

I would love a 27 inch with that resolution. The 28 at 19x12 that I have now doesn't have enough pixels.
Posted via Mobile Device

My monitor arrived about an hour ago, hooked it up temporarily (wall mounting later)...holy $%&#! I've been gaming on crappy monitors since the CRT days - I've been missing out - such a nice, crisp, colorful monitor.

EDIT: This thins is ridiculous, I love it!

Last edited:
Back