Dell Veue Pro "2" Roadmap leaked

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Looks like the Dell's Roadmap has been leaked. Should be seeing the new Venue Pros in Q3/4 this year. Looks like possible 64 bit support, USB3.0, and some other goodies.

Argh...Forgot the N in Venue.../fail

It will be interesting to see how these devices turn out and evolve. I'd love to see Dell add an HDMI out and go to Wacom digitizer to the Venue 8 Pro, I'd take those over a higher res screen if the price level can be maintained. And perhaps an option for 4GB of RAM and larger storage beyond 64 GB.

Wacom would be nice, but I can get along without a pen usually. What I can't deal with are 16:9 tablet screens. Who can I call to make it stop? 16:10 at least. 3:2 ideally.

If they fix the aspect ratio (not bloody likely) I'd like to see the i5 version come down a little in price. It's up there with a Surface Pro 2, but can't compare in build quality.

I wonder if they will include a stylus at all, isn't the current stylus not even available anymore?

Wacom would be nice, but I can get along without a pen usually. What I can't deal with are 16:9 tablet screens. Who can I call to make it stop? 16:10 at least. 3:2 ideally.

If they fix the aspect ratio (not bloody likely) I'd like to see the i5 version come down a little in price. It's up there with a Surface Pro 2, but can't compare in build quality.

The 8 inch tablets are 16:10.

In terms of 16:9 overall it most likely is due to cost/sourcing reasons. Apple can do more on this front because of the high volume they deal in for a specific product, meaning they can source a better deal due to that volume.

I thought the current stylus was suspended temporarily due to performance issues...which would likely NOT be the case if they went with Wacom for the Venue Pro 2.

Yeah, the stylus is available to order but the ship time says 3 to 5 weeks. Hopefully they get this fixed. A Wacom pen probably wouldn't have these issues. Hopefully this is one Dell's list for the Venue Pro 2, along with HDMI. That would be a killer combination especially if the price stayed the same.

Hopefully 4gb memory as well.

Though for me I'm really holding out for Cherry Trail using Airmont cores due to the current speculated (somewhat substantiated) GPU changes. Let's hope for h.265 hardware acceleration as well with that. Although with the leaked timeline it doesn't look like it will incorporate Cherry Trail.

Wacom isn't a cure all solution though. The Asus Vivotab 8 has its own issues for example.

Back