Dell Xps 170

GoodGame

n00b
is the dell XPS notebook good i was just wondering cause im thinking baout purchasing one and i just want some advice or if there are any other notebooks that i should look into.
my price range has to be under 2k$

yeah, its good except the quality control is TERRIBLE. I mean the parts start craping out on you after a while.

For example on my 9300, the audio jacks stopped working, everything has become hotter even though ive cleaned out the fans, i get random artifacts on my 6800 go, ive replaced my screen 3 times due to the sparkle effect.

It might be different though with the xps m170.

Even though i had all these problems, dell is giving me a whole new lappy so there may not be any problems (I HOPE) because im selling it anyway.

I've had the most trouble with Dell's XPS support. Other than that, I've had my video card, LCD and front panel replaced. I think I just have a lemon though because a lot of others have had great experiences with theirs. I just wish I did. :(

I have owned 2 9300s and neither has had a single problem. My M170 is on its way.

I have heard some bad things about quality control in the Inspiron line, but heard good things about XPS, and from my personal experience, the Latitude line is top notch.

XPS - better support

2 INspirons 9100 in our office - worked like work horses for a good year, one of them the power jack flaked out buit i am sure thatis due to the crap power in costa rica.

It might take a little patience but Dell will always make it right if the machine is under warranty.

Back