Dell XPS Gen 4

Mac[X-D]

[H]ard|Gawd
i know 90% of people who are devoted members of the [H] like being able to customize every aspect of their rig's. i used to be that wat to but over the last couple years life has just gotten too busy to be able to commit the time needed to keep up. so when i decided it was time for a new pc i looked at voodoo, falcon, and alienware, and they all make great products with out question. but u do pay a price for their quality, which went over my allowed buget, so i started reasearching the XPS line from Dell and i found i could get some of the best hardware for what my buget allowed, reviews i read were all favourable no real complaints with the system, other then the lack of tweaking fbs, memory timmings. but i was ok with that. so i ordered the Gen 4. my x850xt pe was pretty much DOA but dell sent me out a new card and i have been testing and playing the games i love. DOOM3 high detail, 1024x768x32 4xAA 16XAF runs perfect, HL2 max detail 1280x1024x32 4xAA 16XAF runs perfect, COD max detail 1280x1024x32 4xAA 16XAF runs perfect, NFS UG 2 max detail 1280x1024x32 4xAA 16XAF runs perfect. i have to say now that i have this box set up my way and tweaked up as much as possible it has more then met my expectations.

So if anyone else is in the same situation i was and is looking for a boxed gaming rig i have no problems recomending the Dell XPS Gen 4 System.

Thnx for taking the time to read this.

Mac.

Yes, they are not bad machines. Despite the hate you'll get on hardware forums when you mention Dell, they do make a pretty solid machine. Their tech support can be iffy unless you're a large buyer, but YMMV.

By the way, I heard that you can get modified BIOSes for Dell computers, which will enable tweaking/overclocking functions. I don't own a Dell (yet) myself, so I don't have any experience with it (yet), but it may be worth checking out.

Scali said:
By the way, I heard that you can get modified BIOSes for Dell computers, which will enable tweaking/overclocking functions. I don't own a Dell (yet) myself, so I don't have any experience with it (yet), but it may be worth checking out.
i doubt they will have anything like that :D

Back