Demi god

It only effected the retail game unpatched on day one. Now that the game is patched there is no issue. pirates cant update the game. So it may have effected them for a day or a few hours. But its not now and there just using it as an excuse. I on the other hand have had zero problems playing online. People are starting to realize you have to forward your ports.

If the pirates disrupted the servers enough (which they did) to make Stardock or users work around the problem (which they did) by changing ports through a patch or port forwarding, then the point still stands.

Geez, Stardock must be a bunch of crybabies because they pointed out the problems that pirates caused in a post dated 4/15 and yet did not travel back in time 2 days later to address your dismissal of the problem. :rolleyes:

Your person-to-person connection issues are not the fault of pirates. Rather, the way this game works is you NEED to have open sockets. No way around it - every player has to connect to every other player. You have to have at least 20 UDP ports open. The developers thought this would minimize lag, but it requires every player to be both a host and a client. Most gamers aren't used to this.

Open 6100-6200 UDP and see if that helps with connection info - you'll be doing your part, but until ALL players do this, you'll still run into connection problems.

how if the performance for you guys, I'm gettin about 10-15 FPS....on low settings, is it the same for everyone else, i can play most other games on mid/max settings with decent frames but not this. playing at 1680x1050

how if the performance for you guys, I'm gettin about 10-15 FPS....on low settings, is it the same for everyone else, i can play most other games on mid/max settings with decent frames but not this. playing at 1680x1050

I play at 1680 x 1050 as well, and I get a solid frame rate. I haven't fraps'ed it, but at least 30 on average id say, as I've noticed no stutter except towards the end of one game when there were a MASSIVE number of units and summons, etc. My frames have been very good with settings on high and AA on .. 8x i think?

I just impulse-bought this game and its well... interesting, I aint quite got the hang of the fact you only really control the DemiGod - but working on it :D

so far its interesting :D

Well, I'd say its time to upgrade some parts.. I'm running fine with an 8800GT with everything maxed out, (it lags very slightly sometimes, but for the most part, very fast)

I just impulse-bought this game and its well... interesting, I aint quite got the hang of the fact you only really control the DemiGod - but working on it :D

so far its interesting :D

It definitely has a lot of little complexities. The skill branches are fairly intricate, there are a lot of items, and I still don't even really know whats going on with the War Rank... And I've played 8 single player games now!

Had to give this game a try even with all the negative feedback, and i gotta say i love it :D

Its amazingly addicting, making me want to go through and play as all the demigods at least once and then go back to play on harder difficulties with the ones i like :)

But i do have one question though, does anyone know how to teleport our demigod back to your citadel, because whenever im about to kill the AI, it teleports back and heals, but ive never figured out how to do so myself.

Thanx in Advance :D

Had to give this game a try even with all the negative feedback, and i gotta say i love it :D

Its amazingly addicting, making me want to go through and play as all the demigods at least once and then go back to play on harder difficulties with the ones i like :)

But i do have one question though, does anyone know how to teleport our demigod back to your citadel, because whenever im about to kill the AI, it teleports back and heals, but ive never figured out how to do so myself.

Thanx in Advance :D

im starting to get the hang of it, prefering the Generals (prob due to my RTS background)
As to teleport, you need to buy "Scroll of Teleporting" from the shop (or whatever it is called) and then you get an button on the rightside of the HUD (left for attacks gained through experience, right for abilities due to purchases)

im starting to get the hang of it, prefering the Generals (prob due to my RTS background)
As to teleport, you need to buy "Scroll of Teleporting" from the shop (or whatever it is called) and then you get an button on the rightside of the HUD (left for attacks gained through experience, right for abilities due to purchases)

ah thanx, ill try it out in a bit.

And like you, i tried to do the Generals since you can get minions and control them, but i didnt like how you had to buy the artifacts to get them (thats the only way, right?). personally, id rather get the armor and xp bonuses with my gold :)

I've played this about 10 games so far now....

I think this is gonna go the way of SupCom and die of within a year.

This game takes all of the ideas from DotA and turns it into something that requires no skill. There is no denying, there is no laning really, all you do is move your hero up and let him sit there and randomly attack stuff.

The items are way generic and you can't even see what another hero is using. I couldn't tell the difference between my hero with a 20,000 gold item and a 500 gold item.

And lastly there are too many maps. To keep this kind of game alive it really just need one or two SOLID maps.

So ya....I think it will go the way of SupCom. Everyone says, "Oh man this is so fun!" for the first few months and then the game turns to a ghost town a year later.

I've played this about 10 games so far now....

I think this is gonna go the way of SupCom and die of within a year.

This game takes all of the ideas from DotA and turns it into something that requires no skill. There is no denying, there is no laning really, all you do is move your hero up and let him sit there and randomly attack stuff.

The items are way generic and you can't even see what another hero is using. I couldn't tell the difference between my hero with a 20,000 gold item and a 500 gold item.

And lastly there are too many maps. To keep this kind of game alive it really just need one or two SOLID maps.

So ya....I think it will go the way of SupCom. Everyone says, "Oh man this is so fun!" for the first few months and then the game turns to a ghost town a year later.

I was just thinking the exact same thing! The addiction of DOTA is that you are always learning and can always get better. The ceiling on skill and using the in game mechanics is darn near unreachable. However, I see Demi-god more as teamwork dependent since you can't really take over a game on your own. So in that regard, I compare DOTA to counterstrike, and Demi-god is like COD4. COD4 has nicer shinier graphics and neat little things about it, but if you want to test your skill you always have to go back to CS. The game is still very new, so I hope they make changes to the game which will make it more fun to master.

FYI.....it's on sale at Fry's for $35. I just picked up my copy and will report back soon.

If the pirates disrupted the servers enough (which they did) to make Stardock or users work around the problem (which they did) by changing ports through a patch or port forwarding, then the point still stands.

Geez, Stardock must be a bunch of crybabies because they pointed out the problems that pirates caused in a post dated 4/15 and yet did not travel back in time 2 days later to address your dismissal of the problem. :rolleyes:

Nah point doesn't stand. They are just whining about pirates when its there fault for not providing the real servers 2 days before launch. Its there own fault for not being prepared and leaving the beta servers right up till launch day. Horrible release. But a good game still.

Well, I'd say its time to upgrade some parts.. I'm running fine with an 8800GT with everything maxed out, (it lags very slightly sometimes, but for the most part, very fast)

Turning down Audio Quality got rid of stutter and slowdown completely for me.

The game is awesome been playing a couple days now, unfortunately it's getting some bad reviews due to the multiplayer issues at launch and deservedly so, no game should ever launch if it's broke. Be interesting too see how this plays out in the end, the game is way better than the 6.5 gamespot gave it and some of the others especially now that the servers are fixed i'd give it a solid 9. Heck if it had story mode/campaign for all the demigods and a tutorial i'd be calling it game of the year lol I never played dota so this is all pretty much a totally new genre for me never played anything like it, it is quite addicting.

The multiplayer issues at launch were because 100,000 pirated copies where trying to play online.

The multiplayer issues at launch were because 100,000 pirated copies where trying to play online.

so cut off your leg to spite the leeches? I don't buy it. and I don't recall stardock having this kind of trouble with sins, which was done in-house, and pirated all up and down the interwebs since the beginning. my understanding is that gpg fucked it up like we knew they would.

so cut off your leg to spite the leeches? I don't buy it. and I don't recall stardock having this kind of trouble with sins, which was done in-house, and pirated all up and down the interwebs since the beginning. my understanding is that gpg fucked it up like we knew they would.

sins isn't a multiplayer game in the way that demigod is. I've never been interested in playing sins online, but demigod is just an attempted dota reskin, that begs to be played against people.

At least the game isn't horribly unbalanced like some other games directly after launch..

gamecrl.jpg

:D

If anyone is using 3rd party alternatives to get multiplayer games going I STRONGLY suggest gametiger.

Post from another forum:

At any given time I have seen MORE games on gameranger than I do on any of the 10 networks I am on in hamachi.

Show me how many lan games you can see right now. Join as many hamachi networks as you like.

Here is the gameranger premium page so you can compare the pricing plans:

http://www.gameranger.com/premium/?id=361109-10

Again free works plenty fine, there is NO reason to pay for the service unless you want to talk over the mic with all the kiddies.

-PM system is better
-Ping system is better ( you can see where the person is geographically )
-Hosting is 10x easier ( you don't have to get people to "get on" the same network like hamachi)
-Friends list
-Invite friends to games
-Graphically better

For comparison heres the # of games I see right now with hamachi, and I am connected to 15+ full networks

If you actually genuinely enjoy the game, why not support the company that made it?

I understand trying it out for a demo, but don't parade around here with your illegally downloaded copy.

Jeez. :rolleyes:

The way matchmaking is right now, I even tried using hamachi. And I actually bought the game.

If you actually genuinely enjoy the game, why not support the company that made it?

I understand trying it out for a demo, but don't parade around here with your illegally downloaded copy.

Jeez. :rolleyes:

where's everyone picking up a copy? i've been to all the stores near me that sell games and haven't been able to find one yet.

Also is impulse a good way to buy it online? i havent used it before, but if its like steam where i can download it whenever i reformat with no problems ill go for it

The way matchmaking is right now, I even tried using hamachi. And I actually bought the game.

The first couple days, I agree completely, I was using Hamachi as well. Though the past few days, I haven't had a problem with Skirmish, Custom Games or Pantheon. Been able to play 4-5 games last night, in fact. Are your ports forwarded?

where's everyone picking up a copy? i've been to all the stores near me that sell games and haven't been able to find one yet.

Also is impulse a good way to buy it online? i havent used it before, but if its like steam where i can download it whenever i reformat with no problems ill go for it

I bought mine at Best Buy. Haven't had any qualms or people having problems with buying it directly through Impulse.

It aint in retail sale in the UK, but impulse sells everywhere. Its pretty good mind

HOWEVER there is a nasty bug in the game atm. A bug that means it might not actually launch :( I get a 1 in 100 success rate. They know abt it but can't find the problem

however they will offer refunds. so I will give them a week or two and if not fixed ill get a refund
apart from that its actually pretty good

How do u foward ports ? Right now i have a legit copy and a dl'ed one (very few ppl buy games where i live)
I been using more the pirate copy through hamachi >.<

I've never played DoTA and hardly know anything about it ('sides its name).

Should I still get this game?

I like RTS's specifically the AoE line.

I'm debating between trying to get back into DoTA or going for Demigod... kinda thinking I'll get stomped in DoTA and wouldn't mind a fresher community...

Is there gonna be a demo? This game sounds interesting, but I really can't tell if I would like it or not.

Yeah lol. Traded a very good gaming PC for a subpar notebook pretty much :p

I took out my computer for monthly dusting off and found some water from my WC leaked (even though everything worked just fine) and just had enough with messing around anyway. I barely play any games and haven't played anything aside from L4D in a long time now. Might as well get a laptop I can take to the crapper with me.

Plus I really like OS X, REALLY like it. Maybe I could play it through Bootcamp at all low settings? it's a 9600GT so I don't know

If you take a notebook to the crapper its not to play any computer games.. Most men would be calibrating their Joystick in the crapper.

I'm debating between trying to get back into DoTA or going for Demigod... kinda thinking I'll get stomped in DoTA and wouldn't mind a fresher community...

I was hoping that the Demi-god community would be a little more mature than the one in DoTA (at least public games), but it's the internet. Don't base your decision off that. A friend of mine asked if he should buy it to play with me, and I told him to wait. My advice for you would be the same. This game has a lot of potential, but it is like being an early adopter in an MMO. You are more or less playing an unfinished game that is going to have a lot of quirks, where as DoTA has been tried and true. The maturity level of both crowds is about the same from my experience (leavers, trash talkers, etc.)

Back