Desert Conflict - Released!

I am a long time DC fan and have played the original Desert Combat since its release. This Dcon in my opinion is stupid. It brings no new aspects to the game and basically plays just like DC. Feels like a port of DC onto a new engine. Also, the lag is horrible even at very low settings and it freaks out my sound sometimes.

Why play this over normal 1942 DC? I can run Desert Combat with everything cranked at a constant 100fps, this game is like a slide show. POE2s intital release was leaps and bounds better than this.

I beta tested this for over a year, and this was the whole idea behind DCon..

Classic great gameplay. Slight lag, but it's the first official release.

Playing "Lost City" (is that the name?), "Enemy Helo Spotted" x 1000 in Arabic. Gah.

1.75 Thumbs up.

I am a long time DC fan and have played the original Desert Combat since its release. This Dcon in my opinion is stupid. It brings no new aspects to the game and basically plays just like DC. Feels like a port of DC onto a new engine. Also, the lag is horrible even at very low settings and it freaks out my sound sometimes.

Why play this over normal 1942 DC? I can run Desert Combat with everything cranked at a constant 100fps, this game is like a slide show. POE2s intital release was leaps and bounds better than this.

I think this mod is the best of both worlds. It has the best elements of both games. Like it has squads, you can wrench from vehicle to vehicle, C4 sticks, and many other small things that I wish they had in DC. I like this mod a lot better then POE2 not just because of the DC gameplay and setting, but because it has better hit detection then either POE or BF2. POE2 had terrible hit detection on vehicles especially when firing tank to jeep.

at this point i still like Project Reality more but that can change.

wow..im downloading this asap.
when i finally was able to cut down from playing so much too *sigh*
cant wait to play this now!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

Hmm. To be fair i've only tried Inshallah Valley, but it wasn't what I expected. DC was always fun (especially dc extended), but i've got too used to the very positive changes PR made to things like spawning, squads and stamina - going into this is like going back to the infuriatingly moronic play of your team-mates coupled with visuals that look almost identical to how I remember Desert Combat to have looked.

Reserving final judgement, but disappointed so far.

Wow, I'm getting really low FPS... anyone else suffering from this?

Yeah me and two other people in my clan were having low FPS today. Lost Village and the outskirts one run fine. But the huge ones like El al and Desert Shield I get lag, and even some on Gazala. I read a lot of other posts on forums that complained about this. Some say they lowered their settings all the way down and it still lags.

Yup, thats the case with me. I figure 2GB of RAM might help smooth out all these rough edges, but I'll wait for an update aswell which will maybe fix something or other.

Wish I could try it out. I loved DC and I hate BF2. Soon as my chipset fan gets here I'm playin!

The lag can be seen in maps with the Factory and/or Hangers. Those models were built with the OLD BF2 modding tools, and carry roughly 50k more polygons than they should. The devs are aware of the issue and will be correcting it, hopefully, by the next release.

Man, on some maps like the River Boat one, I get lost looking for the flag while going through all the houses and corridors.

I love the action on El AL..and Desert Shield.

Classic DC action. the automatic M16's are nice also..

need some more of the classic maps though...Would like to see Basrahs Edge.

I just couldn't get into this mod. EoD2 suits me better so I'm playing that now.

Multiple mods FTW! :cool:

yeah...Im bored with it already..no Teamwork..its all run and gun...

Back to Project Reality for me.

Anyone try the Dominiation mode? It's pretty much Counter-strike but with Desert Conflict/Battlefield 2 maps. The levels are generally smaller, with each team spawning in an uncap. There is a flag in the middle that each side tries to race towards and capture first, which will kill everyone on the opposite team. They can also hunt down and kill the other team and win. You only have one life, so you have to make it count. NO RESPAWNS! This makes the gameplay pretty frantic, and you have to rely on medics to revive you or else you're done for the round.

The more I play this mod the more fun stuff I find!

More people need to play this game. NOW!!!

It's the most fun I have had with BF2 in a very long time :p

I havent play BF2 in a LONG time. Ive been playing BF2142 but I just downloaded DC and attempted to play it but all the servers are red and I get the message that my version is older than the servers. I tried a regular bf2 game and the same thing happens. I have the latest BF2 patch 1.41 I think and I have the new release of dc 0.1 alpha. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? Could it be the nocd crack? Thanks in advance.

Well damn it all, can't find the ole BF2 disc. Me thinks I'll have to buy another.

The lag can be seen in maps with the Factory and/or Hangers. Those models were built with the OLD BF2 modding tools, and carry roughly 50k more polygons than they should. The devs are aware of the issue and will be correcting it, hopefully, by the next release.

I am so glad to see an explanation for that. I was completely bewildered as to why I was going from 45-80 down to 1fps for what I deemed no good reason.

I bought BF2 yesterday, and all I've done is play Dcon. It's a blast!

Can't fly a helo to save my life tho, even with my joystiq.

Back