Desperately trying to fix my Klipsch's

have2p

Limp Gawd
The subwoofer of my Promedia 2.1 was pushed hard against the wall, mushing the preamp input plug to the side (the six-pin plug that goes from the main satellite to the sub) and effectively ruining it. The metal part popped off, exposing six thin pins on one side and six thicker pins on the other. What remains of the plug was a bunch of hot glue with six holes in it. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the metal part back into the dry glue successfully. If I pushed extremely hard, I could get music through the speakers, but there was no way it was going to work on its own.

In desperation, I cut off half of the plug (the one filled with glue) and melted off all the hot glue, exposing six wires. Red, orange, brown, yellow, green, and black. There's also a larger wire that doesn't have any insulation. I know that if I attach each wire to the right pin, the sound will work. But I don't know which wire goes where. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, that is an extremely common problem with the promedia 2.1's. It's happened to me twice, and the klipsch forum is full of people with the same problem. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/823686.aspx That thread has the wiring diagram. Its a 6 pin din plug, which is the same thing mouse and keyboards use, althought when I apart an old mouse to fix mine, it didn't have enough wires, so I guess some mouses don't use all the pins. I ended up buying a new control pod (30 bucks:mad: ) Then it broke again, and Klipsch has been out of stock of the control pods for about 6 months, but they just came back in stock this week, so your thread reminded me to order one. Thanks and good luck.

Back