Destroying a 8800GT?!

bubomatic5

Limp Gawd
I came across this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEiDS4vkCk

Which shows a kid hitting his GT with an axe?

It doesn't look like he's hitting it hard but by the end you can see him pulling off capacitors :eek:

I've met a lot of stupid people..but come on?!

He just threw away $100 dollars.

Even if something is wrong with it I wouldn't hurt it..

That poor 8800gt :(.

I came across this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEiDS4vkCk

Which shows a kid hitting his GT with an axe?

It doesn't look like he's hitting it hard but by the end you can see him pulling off capacitors :eek:

I've met a lot of stupid people..but come on?!

He just threw away $100 dollars.

Even if something is wrong with it I wouldn't hurt it..

That poor 8800gt :(.

If the card was dead and I couldn't RMA it I'd do FAR worse than that to it. I'd have hit it with 12GA slugs or something.

Lol Nice Reference of AGK.

Anyway, that kids parents probably got him the card, he doesnt care.

I would frame it to my wall of shame.

I had a wall of fame and shame. The best boards I've owned and the worst I've owned. (4 680i SLI boards graced the wall of shame for example.) I haven't put it back up since I moved.

if the card was working and he did that, hes gotta be the biggest HORSE S*it ever.

I love it, I'd do this to a perfectly working 8800GT just to see all the little bratty kids crying about it.

"Waaah how could you do that, what a waste, waaaaah!"

Hardcore hardware destruction like this is part of what [H]ard|OCP was founded upon, my little kiddos.

Hmm... maybe I could get 2x 8800GTs and figure out a way to destroy them both at the same time? You know, for SLI?

There are people that buy and destroy Xbox360s and PS3s on launch date so this isn't too shocking.

I know someone who smashed their keyboard after spilling pop on it.

Um .. it's called giving it a bath and letting it dry for 3 days :rolleyes:

I had a wall of fame and shame. The best boards I've owned and the worst I've owned. (4 680i SLI boards graced the wall of shame for example.) I haven't put it back up since I moved.

I hope you didn't pay for those 680i's :p *L*

I hope you didn't pay for those 680i's :p *L*

Out of the 12 680i SLI boards I have owned I paid for two or three of them. The rest were from RMA's, freebies, or exchanges where I bought them.

He hits it like a girl damn, at least destroy it properly...such a shame.

After seeing the video, and then reading the comment "3870 is about 10% slower than the GT, congratulations on your downgrade. " I had to lol. :p

After reading all of the replies on youtube, I just had to lol. The card was obviously working, the moron destroyed it for no reason and basically downgraded.

I hate lil kids with rich parents that have no comon sense ...
I hope he one day has no money and has to start over from $0

Back