DFI 680i and RD600

Lazy_Moron said:
OMG FINALLY!!!

Man I just aquired a P5W DH too....

I go DFI everytime all the time.. I can't wait for my next Intel build....

I wonder if they can put out a board where more than one out of every five shipped to retail work...

Looks interesting. I wonder why the active cooler down where you'd expect the southbridge to be. Does it really heat up that much?

Actually, I guess I'm looking at their 680i board :D.

Viper87227 said:
I wonder if they can put out a board where more than one out of every five shipped to retail work...

So true, why i have never wanted a DFI, the problems people have, it is either - works like a god - if you can get it to work, or hassles and hassle and hassle after hassle.

Viper87227 said:

Really? I didn't think they were bad DOA's. Sure, if you head over to DFI-street with a problem and have one spec out of stellar alignment they will call foul, but I wouldn't think 1 in 5 works. New egg ratings don't seem to bare that out (yes, I said bare.) Maybe viper, like my first girlfriend used to tell me "you're doing it wrong."

I have no idea, all I'm happy for is the first one DFI got to me, sent me to a OC glossary for a week.

kirby, it's funny... you and eclipse were the ones who told me to get it.

But like I haven't said yet, I'm not here to defend DFI, just to forward what they're up to. For all I know the DFI wont even work unless you have one stick of 500 dollar ram set side ways in the dimm and a goldfish next to the chipset. Or the BadAxe2 will spank it....

I sure as hell hope this is a great board, I'm planning to buy one. It's been in development long enough. As to problems....DFI Technical issues

Recently, many "cold boot" issues have been determined, relating to various issues in the power supply. Additionally, there have been no reproducible instances of CPU damage outside of user error.

DFI offers a wide range of motherboards with the ability to configure the memory timings well beyond what's normally available to users of other motherboards as well as countless other settings for changing things such as the speed and voltages of various parts. This allows for out of warranty overclocking to the point of several world records. The boards are designed with tight tolerances to provide this overclocking ability which has earned them the reputation of being picky about the components selected.

The DFI Infinity series is well known for having "cold boot" issues, with many people encountering this problem.

More recently, the DFI LanParty RDX-200 CF-DR has been having various functional issues with ATI's ATI CrossFire technology as well as non-working CPUs, from bugs in the BIOS code. Many of the issues found in the RDX-200 CF-DR have been fixed in the board's successor, the Lanparty CFX3200-DR UT.

DFI boards are generally considered to be 'fussy' about the types of memory used in them, preferring Samsung (TCCD, TCC5, TCC3, UCCC) or Winbond (BH5 UTT) chips over 'generic' branded RAM. DFI boards are also known to have issues with Crucial's Ballistix line of memory (using Micron memory), with hundreds of cases being reported of dead ram.

i am thinking this ati mb is comming so late it must have been a problem child . if things had worked out well with it it would be retail by now so i'm wondering when dfi's 650i-ultra hit's retail ?? another worrysom deal with DFI --where the heck is their 965p mb ? i'm beginning to wonder if the factory itself isn't having problems. :eek:

Battle_Rattle said:
kirby, it's funny... you and eclipse were the ones who told me to get it.

Actually, I do remember that now that you mention it. Glad it's working for you :D.

Back