DFI cold boot? Still havent fixed this??

turtletrax

Limp Gawd
I have had a DFI Ultra-D for quite some time, but wanted to upgrade and use the Ultra-D in a HTPC, so I went with the Expert. It had another PCI slot and I had read it ran cooler.

My Mushkin Redlines 2x1G ran like a champ in my Ultra-D at 2.6 all the way to 260, then I needed to go to 2.7 to get 3D stable to 265, then no voltage would help with 3D after that. I love them...

Then I get the Expert. I got alittle cocky with the build and put everything in and booted and I get the dreaded beep. But I know how these boards are, and pulled one stick and all is well. Boot into windows and download the newest Bios E704-2BT and flash. Remove battery and Clear CMOS yadda yadda..

Manually set timings for RAM that I know work and still get hung on the second LED and the bloody beeps. Remove the second stick again and boot into the BIOS and up Vdimm to 2.7v. Again nothing happens and I begin to get frustrated. Try the yellow slots for fun :rolleyes: and still nothing. Up Vdimm to 2.8 and viola!!! Boots fine , the GD cold boot. I escape it with a year solid with their middle class Mobo and get the flagship and get screwed.

Tried going down on Vdimm and it will work sometimes and sometimes not. I dont whant to have to run lots of voltage on RAM that cost so much. Especially since it is one of the main reasons I got it (everybody knows about how the Ballistix thing ended)

The retailer I bought it from takes things back for a week before a restocking fee. Should I try another one? Or anybody know a workaround??

Thanks in advance.

*edit* oops.. this is a different cold boot problem than the one I'm getting.

Back