DFI expert and Corsair; may need new memory recommendations

Jarod888

2[H]4U
I just got my new DFI NF4 LanParty UT Sli-DR Expert and the Zalman CNPS9700 NT, the silver colored all copper one with the green LEDs. In will go the FX 60. An 8800 gts or 2 as soon as the prices come down are my next purchase along with a silverstone tj-07, I may pick up a new raptor too.

I currently have Corsair XMS Pro 3200 w/ leds. the timings are 3-3-3-8 in 2x1 gig modules. I would rather not have to change memory, however I have heard and read on several other forums that DFI Experts and corsair do not play well together. What is the best memory for a DFI board. I really like the activity lights of the corsair, that is why I don't want to change, however I will if I have to. Thanks

I just got my new DFI NF4 LanParty UT Sli-DR Expert and the Zalman CNPS9700 NT, the silver colored all copper one with the green LEDs. In will go the FX 60. An 8800 gts or 2 as soon as the prices come down are my next purchase along with a silverstone tj-07, I may pick up a new raptor too.

I currently have Corsair XMS Pro 3200 w/ leds. the timings are 3-3-3-8 in 2x1 gig modules. I would rather not have to change memory, however I have heard and read on several other forums that DFI Experts and corsair do not play well together. What is the best memory for a DFI board. I really like the activity lights of the corsair, that is why I don't want to change, however I will if I have to. Thanks

We have qualified that memory on that board, so it should work fine.

good to know, now another question. I also have 2x512 sticks of that exact same memory with the same timings. Can I use all 4. The 1 gig sticks in the orange slots and the 512s in the yellow slots?

good to know, now another question. I also have 2x512 sticks of that exact same memory with the same timings. Can I use all 4. The 1 gig sticks in the orange slots and the 512s in the yellow slots?

you probably can use all 4 sticks, but it will drop the memory bus down from 400 to 333 when you use 4 double-sided sticks of RAM

Back