DFI Infinity CMOS issue

kmS

Limp Gawd
So I don't see that many of you have this same board but I'll try posting my problems ne ways. The strangest thing happened when I decided to bring the board back down to stock to check temperatures (w/ O/C they were a bit high hovering in the high 40s at idle) so I went into the BIOS and I returned everything to optimized defaults which set everything back to normal, the voltages, RAM speeds, FSB, etc. etc. So I did a save to CMOS and exit and the computer shut down like before when I would crank something wrong when O/Cing and I would just have to reset the CMOS and try again. Well, it shuts down after about 3 seconds and everything turns off, and then it whirs back into life but I get nothing, no boot screen, nothing. So I cleared the CMOS hoping I had just corrupted the CMOS somehow and that would fix the problem, no luck. Does the same thing, whirs everything to life, powers down after 3 seconds, after a second longer it comes back on, and everything stays on but I don't get a post beep, nothing. I tried to reseat everything that I could, checked all my jumper settings, my PSU is securely plugged in, etc. Do you think that it could be the CMOS battery failing? It says that I should be an error message for that but like I said before, it's all just a blank screen, with all the components on like they should be, I've gotten the similar symptoms before, but only when I've done something really wrong in the CMOS while O/Cing and resetting has always fixed the problem. I just can't boot now, any help would be appreciated I'll give any other info you guys require.

Thanks for all your help

my infinity dark 965 does weird stuff similar to that, but after i clear the cmos or change things in the bios it generally turns on, off, on, off, then on for real instead of on, off, on for real. i assumed that all of this was the "restart bug" i had heard so much about with the 965 chipset, though, and i dont know if the 975 has the same problem.

Back