DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR WC PROBLEM

GokuSSL

Limp Gawd
I have a major problem with cooling the nbridge on my board. I have one 6800 gt right now and am planning on two .. The main problem is the 6800gt's cover the nbridge right up. You can barley even see it with two in there. Any suggestions on how to water cool it or am I stuck with stock fan.

dfi.jpg

I've also got a system with the DFI LandParty board, and from what I can see the way that all cards fit is that you're not going to beable to fit any sort of water cooling on the NB unless you make something your self.
There are some small tube solutions out of Europe if you're interested in paying the price in importing them. Here's one that come to mind real quick.

1a-nb-sli.jpg

1a-nb-sli-gpu.jpg

catkicker said:
I used this chipset block http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-187.html I had to do just a touch of grinding on the bracket where the screws go through it so that it would clear my 6800 VC. works great.

Just lowered that area of the bracket and used shorter mount screw/bolt
could you take some pics? I have been told repeatedly that wouldn't work.

vapb400 I screwed up LOL wrong block. This is the danger Den Z-chip block I used it will and does work with my MB. I can get a hold of a digital and post pic. of it on my board
the other chipset block would probably work also. I went with the less $$ block

I was planning on getting the SLI version with plans to watercool so I've been looking around for a cooler that could possible fit (other then that DFI Freezer since it's only availble in German right now). I had remembered some PolarFlo VGA blocks so I have plans to get one of them and try it out.

Polarflo has mechanical drawings on their site (maybe someone can take a look and see if it will fit) and the rep I talked with made it seem like it could work.

Heres part of the email I got from PolarFLO
I believe that we have many TT Vgas being used this way. There are
mechanical drawing on our site so you can measure to be sure. If you buy
them and they don't fit we will refund your money. That way you an try it
out to be sure. These systems and cards vary so much we cannot say.

Your standard SAE 3/8" or 9/16-24 thread fit all TT Series. You could
feasibly use 3/8" copper tube when you use the SAE 3/8" compression
fittings.

I haven't seen any need to replace the stock chipset fan...then again I've heard of a few people that have a defective/damaged one that makes a rather annoying sound. If that's why I'd just bug DFI for a new one first.

Ctrl_Alt_Delete said:
This will work and you dont have to mod it or order from over seas to get it either :p

I have one of those, my problem was I have 3/8 ID tubing and that block is 1/4 ID

catkicker said:
I have one of those, my problem was I have 3/8 ID tubing and that block is 1/4 ID

Just out of curiousity, are the barbs removable so you can attach your oun fittings or are they stuck on there?

It appears that the LAN Party boards have difficulties running SLI setups with 6800 class cards even using the stock NB cooler. I think it hits the fan from other threads I hear about on UT boards. Your board appears to have the same layout.

Top Nurse said:
It appears that the LAN Party boards have difficulties running SLI setups with 6800 class cards even using the stock NB cooler.

I have a nF4 UT, and a 6800GT...just so you know I've had both in my hands and know what I'm talking about first hand. I don't see why there'd be any problem.

Now as far as replacing the chipset fan if you wanted to for whatever reason, it's short and it has vid card ass right over it. So it usually takes a bit of creativity. But again the one it comes with is quiet and effective, so I don't see why to replace it. Other than just to prove you can...

I am going to try the AC twinplex,

twinplex12_low_straight_nf2.jpg

This is the low version of it and it seems like it should fit. I will also keep with my AC gear which is a plus :D

Back