DFI LP LT X38-T2R

I got this board, and it's pretty nice. However, with the NB heatsink attached, the TR Ultra-120 eX is a bit of a tight fit.

Same here. Pre-ordered through them earlier this week and saved $10. Can't wait to try this board out.

O snap, i didnt realize preordering saved me 10 bucks. Im glad i ordered it last night instead of this morning. Saved myself the ten bux! :D

so you either put a fan on the NB or a fan on the CPU ?

Looking at pics (great post by the way) you can move the fan to the other side of the NB cooler.
If you do that can you put a fan on the thermaltake?

If you put the fan on the other side of the NB cooler it will block the top pci slot.
Can you put your video card in the bottom slot without any problems? What about accelero2 cooler on 8800GT will it fit in the bottom slot?
Then where do I plug in my X-Fi ?

DAMN I guess its back to water... LOL

nah i have a 120x25mm fan on cpu and 80x25mm fan on NB.. just the cpu fan wasn't installed in those photos heh

not really if you turn it the other way heh

Im confused

i see a fan on the NB heatsink, but not on the CPU?

am i missing something?

not only that, but i dont see where it would fit if the PSU / case is right above the MB

eva2000 do you have the cpu fan on the NB side?

I am looking to put one in an Antec 900 case and you have the big fan in the top of the case.
I know I can't use this with the side fan but damn I dont' see how I can get all this in there.

eva2000 do you have the cpu fan on the NB side?

I am looking to put one in an Antec 900 case and you have the big fan in the top of the case.
I know I can't use this with the side fan but damn I dont' see how I can get all this in there.
cpu fan on opposite side of NB end of cpu heatsink since i have open desktop system

Im confused

i see a fan on the NB heatsink, but not on the CPU?

am i missing something?

not only that, but i dont see where it would fit if the PSU / case is right above the MB
read post #8 ;) as to last comment, get a better case there are cases where psu is at bottom of case too :)

i have been a loyal lian li pc 61 fan since they came out

best case ever made :)

still my favorite... boughten 4 of em

Ive had this mobo for about a month now. Great board very stable. Chipset keeps cool. Any questions feel free to ask :D

whats the distance in mm from the center of the CPU to the northbridge cooler?

I know my zalman is 53mm and thats all im worried about.

Side shot, ill get measurements later tonight

DSCI0096.jpg

This DFI mobo better still exist when I get around to buying in about 2 months Otherwise I'm going to be a sad panda and hope they make a X48/P45 board :p

Thawaxshop when I first looked at that pic I thought you had a ceramic pot on there LOL

then I realized it was just shiny copper...nice looking how is the cooling on it?

Have people been getting good oc on the 4 gig setup?

Right now I have Balisticx and Gskill Bhz of course the gskill blows it away.

THe V-1 is just a temp thing i had laying around. Keeps my E8400 @ 60c load @ 4.1, gskill doesnt need the fan but i have it there for good measure. You can get close to 1200 on a good set but youll need to relax the subs alot

putting this in an antec 900 case. What is the cable called that goes to the 4/8 pin socket on top of the board? I have a corsair 620 and I don't think the cable is long enough from the bottom of the case.
Is the 8 socket for crossfire, I think all I need is 4

i've just ordered one to, and by the looks of it it's gonna be a cakewalk to isolate :D (due to phasechange cooling). it's so clean around cpu socket :)

well after 4 days of emails Motherboardpro is shipping mine tomorrow.

My order got caught in limbo....it happens

hey I even got emails and followups and help....I am afraid of Motherboardpro...they seemed to care.whats wrong with them

Hope to have it by friday.

Was going to go water but since I have a cheap ass Antec 900 case I will go air.

PS if any of you have a chance to pick up one of these cases...DONT

I got mine from Newegg lol like a month ago. Seems they deactivated it for a while for some reason

Came home from work yesterday to find this baby at my doorstep. It's beautiful! Can't wait to set it up this weekend. I love the open area around the CPU. Very nice layout.

Back