DFI mATX?

Vanilla Coke

Limp Gawd
does anyone know if DFI is coming out with a matx board anytime soon? I'm using the ECS 480 right now and have a bunch of problems. I heard they are coming out with one in mid december, can anyone confirm or give me a link to an article? If not, what board would be good for a moderate over clock (2.0->2.4~2.5)?

I was also waiting for the mobos
Went with the 1337 PC in my sig instead :)
No regrets :p

So far the biostar is the best OCer
We have not gotten much reviews on the Asus yet

the asus is a horrible overclocker. i could only get my asus to 230fsb and it only boots up every now and then. I hope a bios can remedy this situatation. Another problem I'm having with this board is that the onboard graphic flickers in windows, it also lags in games such as warcraft 3

gotkilled said:
the asus is a horrible overclocker. i could only get my asus to 230fsb and it only boots up every now and then. I hope a bios can remedy this situatation. Another problem I'm having with this board is that the onboard graphic flickers in windows, it also lags in games such as warcraft 3

Why are you even using the on-board graphics though? :/

i dunno about when, but im ready to give dfi massive's left and right nut for one.

Soymilk said:
i dunno about when, but im ready to give dfi massive's left and right nut for one.

He didnt lose them yet????

:D

I say get a biostar mobo and use it till a DFI one comes out then sell biostar and buy DFI. Waiting sucks

well for me, i've already played the waiting game w/ the x1800xt for so long, that the time until a dfi board comes out *should* be nothing compared to that. plus i'm not ordering parts yet until at least thanksgiving.

Vanilla Coke said:
does anyone know if DFI is coming out with a matx board anytime soon? I'm using the ECS 480 right now and have a bunch of problems. I heard they are coming out with one in mid december, can anyone confirm or give me a link to an article? If not, what board would be good for a moderate over clock (2.0->2.4~2.5)?
I don't know anything about any future mATX MB from DFI, but for your ECS MB you have a tweaked BIOS here .

gotkilled said:
Boards don't overclock well when you use onboard vid. That's another problem!

Everyone has been waiting for a DFI board for the better part of a year now. Though a pic is the closest thing to news on one that I have seen.

Finally someone puts the power connector in a good spot.

Though, I am thinking of ordering a Monarch for the SLI mATX board alone. I would have to sell off the crap I don't want...which is everthing in a Monarch system except the mobo.

I believe you are wrong :D
About the RS482 MB is that: "The most significant new item at DFI could not be photographed, since it is still under NDA", where NDA i think means non-disclosure agreement.
So , check it again !

Mihai Lacatus said:
About the RS482 MB is that: "The most significant new item at DFI could not be photographed, since it is still under NDA", where NDA i think means non-disclosure agreement.
So , check it again !

I still dont see where you are getting that it is a picture of the 6150 board.

anand said:
At the top is the DFI Socket 939 board based on the ATI RS482 (Xpress 200) chipset. The bottom board is Socket 754 featuring the nVidia 6100 chipset.

that info is right below the two pictures. Yours being the top one.

Speculation on what "The most significant new item at DFI " is?

6150 SLI board?

that info is right below the two pictures. Yours being the top one.
Geez, i lost that. I think you are right. Sorry folks, i saved the picture from Anand named "DFI6150.jpg" and I was sure is a 6150 MB ! :mad:

Anyways, could be fun with ATI either, couldn't ? :)

Huh, AnandTech is misleading. I do think that's an ATI mobo. They do say they will be releasing 6100/6150 mobos...for socket 754! :( Hopefully they will see the light. If not, I'll buy a Monarch for $700 like the other guy in this thread and strip it for the mobo. ;)

From the looks of it the DFI board won't OC good. Those caps don't look to good. They arn't the kind they use in there atx OC monsters. the Tforce6100 is the best Matx still. And onboard video does NOT limit a OC, with FSB like this that onboard video should be killing my oc. =P Not haveing the right cooling on the chipset does on the other hand.

According to Anandtech Staff

The red DFI matx board is based on the ATI RS482 chipset, not the 6150 as we reported earler. We have corrected the article. DFI was not displaying a 6150 Socket 939 board, but they did have the 6100 Socket 754 which is pictured on the DFI page. We have asked DFI to update us on their 6150 plans and we will let you know as soon as we hear more.

Darn. Should i just go with a Biostart tforce board then?

Tiny said:
Everyone has been waiting for a DFI board for the better part of a year now
Only the people who didn't know any better!
Mihai Lacatus said:
So , check it again !
Ya, um, that would be the RD580 Dillusion mentioned in his thread.

ATi chipset could probably be a solid overclocker, but it's not being designed that way. Less expensive and better video = HTPC in the minds of mobo manufacturers. Plus I think it would take some investment in tackling a new bios.

DFI did design a LanParty board based off the same chipset, so it is possible, but then it also came with DFI's typical shoddiness.

swatX said:
According to Anandtech Staff
Woot, Anandtech might be able to get DFI to speak with them. I know that DFI hates people asking about products. I asked for info and was told that if anything came out, it would be on the front page. Rude as hell...

DFI said the same to me. I sent them a few 4 letter words back. But that dosen't mean I won't buy their boards in the future.

Back