DFI Nf4 sli-dr Expert

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Just wanted to alert all you DFI nuts that The dfi nf4 sli-dr expert is now in stock at www.zipzoomfly.com for $209.00 shipped 2 day express, fed ex. Mines finally on its way after scowering the web for over a a week and waiting for neweggs lying ass to get them in!!!

I got my DFI from NewEgg a couple weeks ago for the $199. Tough board to come by. Less so than the ASUS A8N32-SLI, however.

A couple of notes on the DFI:

1) There are some quirks setting up SLI. Best bet is to uninstall the video driver before setting up SLI, re-install the driver with the second in place, then enable SLI right out of the gate. Otherwise, the screen may go blank when you enter windows when the driver detects the new video card. You have to move the video plug to the second card to see anything, enable SLI, then move it back to the primary. And, where you turn it on in the BIOS is not very well documented. It is in the Genie menu near the bottom.

2) Make sure you put your DIMMs in slot 2 and 4, not 1 and 3. Otherwise, you are asking for a ton of instability issues (blue screens, no boot, etc). If they are in 1 and 3, you will not be able to run 1T. It is documented, but a simple foot note in the manual (which we all read, right?).

3) Memory timings. AUTO kind of sucks. You will need to do some homework on setting the memory. Best bet is to use A64 tweaker on your existing system (if possible) and screen shot all the settings. You will need to know almost every one of them to set up the BIOS. The information will give you a good starting point.

4) Processor OC. There are three voltage settings versus two for normal NF4 boards. Ignore the first, bump the CPU VID Control and CPU VID Special Control (the plus percentage setting). Do not use the first one listed (CPU Vid Startup). Some have set it to 1.550 V, but that means your other setting (CPU VID Special Control - percentage over VID) may spike at startup and kill your CPU. So, skip the first setting. Leave it at default.

If you put in a little extra effort at the beginning, the board works great. Many people have had issues with the board, but it usually comes down to the items listed.

Did anyone else order from ZipZoomFly last week and their mobo still hasn't shipped yet? Mine says Packed but it hasn't shipped. My video card that I ordered separately on the same day did ship though.

JustinSane said:
Did anyone else order from ZipZoomFly last week and their mobo still hasn't shipped yet? Mine says Packed but it hasn't shipped. My video card that I ordered separately on the same day did ship though.

Yea I ordered mine early thursday morning and its been sitting at the "packed" stage since friday. Ive called twice and the dumb bitch who keeps picking up the phone cant stop chewing on her hair long enough to figure out what the f*ck is goin on with my board. First I was told it would hsip Monday, then tuesday I was told it may be backordered then I was told it would ship tuesday.. blah blah blah, nothing really new with zip,

fiberoptik said:
Yea I ordered mine early thursday morning and its been sitting at the "packed" stage since friday. Ive called twice and the dumb bitch who keeps picking up the phone cant stop chewing on her hair long enough to figure out what the f*ck is goin on with my board. First I was told it would hsip Monday, then tuesday I was told it may be backordered then I was told it would ship tuesday.. blah blah blah, nothing really new with zip,

I mustve gotten the same girl. She told me that the boards were backordered and wouldn't ship till December 30 so I cancelled and ordered one from Monarch.

Back