DFI To Stop Lan Party MB?

Darn. I had one of their motherboard before. It was awesome! sad to hear that they are not making it anymore.

My NF4 SLI-DR is still chugging along in my server now, it was a badass board back in the day.

I loved DFI in the mid 2000s but while the features were good, they had to realize that the adult gamers who could afford their motherboards didn't neccessarily like all the freaking neon colors. The color scheme was aimed at the wrong age group.

I almost always pick up the next "BIG" DFI board so I'm hoping this statement is true. Though the support is lacking, the boards are generally enthusiast grade. I mean they've been at this waaaay longer than EVGA and for what it's worth (even though I wouldn't mind rockin' a classified) I have more confidence in a DFI overclocker board than any of the other brands.

I do question the color themes at times, but hey it's better than maroon PCBs at least. hahaha...

With regards to issues, I almost always end up finding out what I did wrong or a driver fix shortly after a board is released, but isn't that what we have to do with Asus and the other guys too?

I have exclusively bought DFI boards since the NF4 days. Anyone who came to me for advice on a motherboard I would push to DFI because their boards were always rock solid.

If this is true I will be very sad to see them go.

:)

Good find.

From Fudzilla:

In the spirit of recent rumours, we decided to go direct and ask DFI about it and have been given a straightforward answer with a slight insight into its future product plans. In any case DFI isn't going anywhere and the Lanparty brand is here to stay.

DFI told Fudzilla that, despite the fact that this is not the first time such rumors have surfaced, the company is still getting caught off guard by them and decisions of such nature were never even brought up within the company. The RD team is still working hard on new products and BIOS updates, so there's no reason to get excited.

DFI is now focused on BIOS support for Intel's Gulftown CPUs on its X58 based motherboards, promoting its Hybrid P45/Nvidia ION motherboard and more motherboards in its new Lanparty MI (Mini ITX) series. The one thing that clearly says DFI isn't going anywhere is the fact that they are working on a product design for a motherboard based on AMD's 890 chipset and is currently pending AMD's approval.

We are honestly glad that DFI isn't going anywhere as DFI made quite a few enthusiast motherboards and they do wonders with BIOS and innovations so it would be a real shame to see them go. That being said, the rumours are exactly that - rumors, and DFI's Lanparty is here to stay.

I had their NF3 and NF4 boards. They were fun to play with but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who didn't like tweaking. They also had horrible north bridge fans. The best part about them was the community support from DFI street and the custom firmwares. I lost interest when that all went away.

I miss the DFI saved bioses.

You could clear the CMOS but still go into a bios menu and have a list of several bioses you saved before you could choose from and load.

I had their NF3 and NF4 boards. They were fun to play with but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who didn't like tweaking. They also had horrible north bridge fans. The best part about them was the community support from DFI street and the custom firmwares. I lost interest when that all went away.

Oh god yes, the northbridge fans sucked nuts! My NF4 (although still running beautifully) has this grinding sound everytime it starts up! It goes away after 10 seconds, but ocassionally I have to open up the case to make sure it's still working. hahahaha... Thank god they went passive later on with the new boards.

The DFI street community is still around and lives on at:

http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/index.php

I lurk there if I have any issues and it hasn't failed me yet.

Last edited:
They're not going anywhere. Not with their relative success in the upper-tier hardcore user market. Personally, I tend to go to DFI first with builds, and have done so since the K8 days. The 939 days were friggin' awesome. I currently run an (aging) X38 that's OCed to the wall with my ole C2D e6850 on it; rock-stable since I punched it up and no signs of quitting.

Aside from that, as long as DFI continue to pump out elegant products (aside from goofy color-schemes) I'll keep buying them.

Back