Diablo 2 + Expansion $4.91 | Starcraft Battlechest $4.91 or $6.29

I bit. I never got into Diablo and I want to see what all the hoopla is about.

download slow 4-5hrs on LOD 8hrs left on D2. LOOks like blizzard is using some bastardized form of bit torrent. TO bad they dont have servers like valve.

downloaded both in about 3 hours... working great :)

just wish i could get a higher resolution.... 800x600 on a 25.5" widescreen is not pretty.

Before I download here at the office, are the files ISO or what? Burn to CD? Otherwise I will wait till I get to my gaming machine at home.

downloaded both in about 3 hours... working great :)

just wish i could get a higher resolution.... 800x600 on a 25.5" widescreen is not pretty.

Ugh, I have the 30" Dell, 800x600 is max? :(

I think my only shot is putting the 30" at 1280x800 instead of 2560x1600 (the lower of the two native res's) and playing windowed at 800x600.

Bah paypal account only has $1.80 in it and it takes my stupid bank 3 days to transfer funds. I want to play the first one too though and think Ill probably just go out and pick up the Battlechest this weekend.....

You know you can pay someone instantly with paypal, if you have money in your bank account right?

You do not have to transfer funds from your bank to paypal in order to pay someone....

I bit and got them both. Easier than finding my original cds.

I wish I wish I had the files to start the download while waiting for the keys to be emailed to me though. Toke them about 4 hours to get the keys emailed.

[H]ot Damn! I'm in for one. Thanks OP! Now it's time to make it through the waiting game...

I gave up on the Bliz downloader, found the ISO's elsewhere and had them downloaded in about an hour and a half.

Thinking about adding one of my old 17" CRT's back to my rig, playing at 800X600 even on a 22" LCD looks awful and window mode is to small.

I missed out on diablo, I was a huge warcraft and command and conquer fan. I got two sets of keys so the wife and I can play.

good price, me and my roommates bought it to play. It was just so damn convenient that we were just talking about it and looking for a cd key to play it and this deal popped up literally an hour later.

My roommate was having trouble with the downloader too, then he closed it and reopened it and it went 10x faster

It worked fine for me on Vista x64...it asks me the privileges, I say yes...only thing I had to do was run that video test.

good u had me worried there... btw i turned off peer to peer (was capping my upload no way to change it ) droped from 2hrs left to 30min WOOT

What's the system requirements for Diablo 2, anyways?

My laptop dedicates graphcs card bit it a month or so ago, and I'm holding off until August on building a new desktop rig to replace it with. If I recall, max resolution was 800x600 anyways, so I'm guessing I can run it off integrated graphics?

~S

easyly run it, i ran this game 8yrs a go on a dell laptop that had a pentium 233 w/256mb ram and 20gig hd

What's the system requirements for Diablo 2, anyways?

My laptop dedicates graphcs card bit it a month or so ago, and I'm holding off until August on building a new desktop rig to replace it with. If I recall, max resolution was 800x600 anyways, so I'm guessing I can run it off integrated graphics?

~S
I recommend a GTX 280. Ideally, to run at max settings, two GTX 280s, maybe two 4870s.

Myself and my friend picked one up, got the keys within 1/2hr of order.

Thanks OP

man i cant get this game to run with my new vid cards... i keep getting a fatal exception error when i launch the game.

EDIT-

Weird i had to set the game to direct drawl for it work.

man i cant get this game to run with my new vid cards... i keep getting a fatal exception error when i launch the game.

I have a similar problem with starcraft... it will run, but i get black squares everywhere when the game loads up.

took about 4 hours to get the keys, got both of the games downloaded in under an hour, installed in about 10 seconds. time to pass the time till D3...

geez make sure you disable P2P networking, I wqent from 90kb/s to about 210, dropped my time left form 5 hours to 2

Its not an Intel is it ?

Ive got a black macbook and I just bit too, I guess VMWare is the way to go.

Mac Pros only come with Intel processor. If you download the installation files from Blizzard, it comes with the OS X native installer by default which will work with Intel Macs.

I just got 5 dollars in tips so I decided what the heck, I'll buy it. Right now it says its out of stock. I hope they get more supply.

Back