Diablo 3 at Micro Center for $49.99?

I swear to god, when I am rich and rule the planet, I will buy MicroCenter and shut down ALL OF THEM... except for one store, which will be constructed three miles from my house. Then I will laugh at all of you people who have MCs right down the road from you now and can get all the deals, and then I will have all the deals, and I will be able to post about $50 i7-3770Ks and $5 motherboards, and you will have NOOOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIING :mad:((((((

One of the funniest post on here, ever. Thanks!

I swear to god, when I am rich and rule the planet, I will buy MicroCenter and shut down ALL OF THEM... except for one store, which will be constructed three miles from my house. Then I will laugh at all of you people who have MCs right down the road from you now and can get all the deals, and then I will have all the deals, and I will be able to post about $50 i7-3770Ks and $5 motherboards, and you will have NOOOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIING :mad:((((((

I loled.
(totally don't live two miles from a MC and go there on a whim)

its funny because i do live 2 miles from MC and happen to be moving and going to another location within driving distance of a MC (but not 2 miles maybe 10-15 miles). Got lucky twice

I bought mine digital copy. Downloaded, installed and ready to go!

Saved gas and CA tax!

I bought mine digital copy. Downloaded, installed and ready to go!

Saved gas and CA tax!

Just wondering, where did you buy it from? I am looking for a digital copy that doesnt have CA tax... I preordered that $5 thing at BestBuy, but now I am thinking id rather just buy a digital copy, save going to the store and then id have it at midnight.

Just wondering, where did you buy it from? I am looking for a digital copy that doesnt have CA tax... I preordered that $5 thing at BestBuy, but now I am thinking id rather just buy a digital copy, save going to the store and then id have it at midnight.

Bought at blizzard.com, their official website. It's straight $59.99

They'll give you a download link after the purchase and no need to worry about a cd-key, it's tied together with your Blizzard account (if you have one, you will create one if you don't have an account)

Bought at blizzard.com, their official website. It's straight $59.99

Oh really? And they dont charge CA sales tax huh? I thought Blizzard was located in CA..... Never would have guessed...

Oh really? And they dont charge CA sales tax huh? I thought Blizzard was located in CA..... Never would have guessed...

Nope. I bought my World of warcraft expansions long time ago through blizzard and never was charged CA tax.

Nope. I bought my World of warcraft expansions long time ago through blizzard and never was charged CA tax.

Strangely there is tax for me here in NJ. :confused:

Oh well, I bought mine straight from Blizzard as well. I don't even know why I bought it now since I won't be awake for it to unlock. :p

I actually "reserved" a copy at Bestbuy for that $5 they charge which is towards the total price, but after tax it would probably be $5 more than the digital copy. Im just trying to decide if id rather have a physical copy for more money and have it tomorrow or forget it and save $5 and have it at midnight. :p

I actually "reserved" a copy at Bestbuy for that $5 they charge which is towards the total price, but after tax it would probably be $5 more than the digital copy. Im just trying to decide if id rather have a physical copy for more money and have it tomorrow or forget it and save $5 and have it at midnight. :p

Since the game is tied to a Blizzard account is there really any point to having a physical copy?

Since the game is tied to a Blizzard account is there really any point to having a physical copy?

Probably not. :) It definitely isnt essential. I suppose just saving the install on my backup harddrive somewhere would work. I cant really burn the install since its 7gb. I just dont want to hassle with having to re-downland the game multiple times if I format(which I tend to do at least once a year).

On another note. Did anyone play D3 beta?(I obviously didnt) In Diablo2, you could create multiple accounts to mule items etc, which was kind of essential to the game. Does anyone know if D3 is like this? Can you make multiple accounts or is it like tied to the battle.net account now and you get 1 account? Just trying to figure out if I need to worry about reserving account names early and how muling multiple items to save will work here...

1. easier and faster to re-install ( also, as someone who constantly fights my monthly bandwidth cap I was always glad not to waste 20gigs every time I wanted a clean install)
2. Providing the serial number that comes with your game disk is still used as one of the battlenet security questions and very useful if you ever need account recovery ( shouldn't ever be an issue thanks to the rise in authenticator use, but it is nice to have)

On another note. Did anyone play D3 beta?(I obviously didnt) In Diablo2, you could create multiple accounts to mule items etc, which was kind of essential to the game. Does anyone know if D3 is like this? Can you make multiple accounts or is it like tied to the battle.net account now and you get 1 account? Just trying to figure out if I need to worry about reserving account names early and how muling multiple items to save will work here...

You can get away with one character with blacksmithing now breaking down your old items.

Question about this game:

Can I install this game on multiple computers but using just one account but still will be able to play the game on mutiple computers?

Yes you can. You can install this on as many computers as you want. You just can't login more than just 1 at a time with your account. The Key is tied to your account, and not to computer.

does the full d3 game use any files from the demo? I have the demo installed and was planning to delete to free up some space.

Im at work and want to remote in to my rig at home so i can get this the download started...

Well more likely than not if you download purchase the game you'll download everything anyways, so might as well get rid of the demo

does the full d3 game use any files from the demo? I have the demo installed and was planning to delete to free up some space.

Im at work and want to remote in to my rig at home so i can get this the download started...

Pretty sure it doesnt. Typrically, demos are completely different files....

Theres an MC a mile from my house, and three miles away is Frys. Central Computers is about six miles away. Used to have a compusa that was 5 miles too.
SUX2BU :D

That is so fucking funny I think I pissed myself. Awesome!

Back