Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Okay guys what do I do...

Went to target earlier to buy the game. Found one copy left on the shelves with the little alarm thing on it and both tape seals intact, top and bottom. Trying to activate it now and it tells me that the key has already been claimed...yes I checked for typos.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the bottom taping was slightly tampered with. It wasn't cut but it looks like they might have carefully peeled it off...so someone may have bought it, used it, and returned it.

I already cut the top part of the tape.

so uhhhhh now what..

If your Target won't take it back then you can contact blizzard. I remember hearing similar stories to this and basically if you can get a picture of the receipt with your code I think you get ownership over it and the other guys loses it from his account.

Just found my first legendary. It being kind of shitty didn't stop someone from paying 200,000 for it though. AH logic.

I'm now approaching the million range with nothing really to buy. I feel like the item stat range is way too random and doesn't scale as clearly as it should with levels. I bought a really fucking good item at like level 32. I literally have not seen a single item that is considerably better in 20 levels, there's no fucking point in paying 100,000 for a 10 intellect gain.

If your Target won't take it back then you can contact blizzard. I remember hearing similar stories to this and basically if you can get a picture of the receipt with your code I think you get ownership over it and the other guys loses it from his account.
So I went back to Target and they said I can exchange it for another copy. Unfortunately the one I went to didn't have any left in stock, so I'll have to go to another Target tomorrow.

If what you're saying is true though then I might just do that. Maybe this is just frustration speaking, but if I had the power to do so I would certainly want the lowlife who stole the key to have his account banned.

So I went back to Target and they said I can exchange it for another copy. Unfortunately the one I went to didn't have any left in stock, so I'll have to go to another Target tomorrow.

If what you're saying is true though then I might just do that. Maybe this is just frustration speaking, but if I had the power to do so I would certainly want the lowlife who stole the key to have his account banned.

Honestly I would have done that too, just to take it back from the idiot who stole the key.

Just starting Act III on Normal and I've figured that the best boss in the game is the AH.

Set filter to like 1000 to 2000 gold and (since I'm a barbarian) I set to Strength/Magic Find/Experience and I check the Rares. Surprisingly I could outfit my whole character for less than 10K in yellows.

Then when I'm done with my yellows and need to upgrade, I relist them for about 1500 to 2000 and they've all sold so far getting me my money back.

Rocking like 450 strength, 1200 armor, +45 magic find, +75 XP per mob... even though I've been playing with a friend at the same pace, I'm ahead of him by two full levels after 24 levels played together. And the blues (and sometimes yellows) drop like rain and I find myself porting back every half hour to hour or so to sell them to the vendor which is seemingly more lucrative than just salvaging them for crappy Normal mats.

Wooooooo, grinded to get the staff of herding tonight. Going to have nightmare and hell by next week probably :D

Is there any way to lookup total play time for that inferno clear

I wonder if there was a group of people that played in shifts. I know that was done on D2 ladder races, especially when they gave away WoW CEs on a certain ladder race to 99.

I wonder if there was a group of people that played in shifts. I know that was done on D2 ladder races, especially when they gave away WoW CEs on a certain ladder race to 99.

He has SS of his kill. Problem is the servers are down right now.

But I guess another Website says he killed him too.

Hurrah, European servers down for "maintenance" (prime time on the first weekend) & Asian servers too busy. Nice going Blizzard.

To clear inferno right now you simply skip all the mobs and go kill the necessary bosses.

The mobs are unplayably designed right now. Getting hit for 100k is not going to get solved by getting better gear, it's stupid.

The group that beat inferno skipped everything.

The player that solo'd inferno is a Wizard built to be the equivalent of the Guild Wars 55 hp monk.

Finally got the chance to play last night at a friend's.... Time to use money how I shouldn't so I can get a comp and this game.

So does anyone have good farming spots for rare/legenday items.

Right now I ripping up Festering Woods on Hell while waiting for my friends to get to 50. You get 3 Elites - 2 from the mini dungeons, 1 from the Shrine, then there always 2-3 Champion or Elite randoms around the map, all in such a confined area that takes less than 15 minutes to farm. Getting rares like crazy and throwing up in AH for quick cash.

To clear inferno right now you simply skip all the mobs and go kill the necessary bosses.

The mobs are unplayably designed right now. Getting hit for 100k is not going to get solved by getting better gear, it's stupid.

The group that beat inferno skipped everything.

The player that solo'd inferno is a Wizard built to be the equivalent of the Guild Wars 55 hp monk.

Thats where technique comes into play

For example, running around, patience, kiting, "oh shit" buttons that make you invincible. Its possible, its just going to take a while. I hope they keep it the way it is

edit: HOWEVER, I will say that this game is incomplete and should have been pushed back some. The lack of testing and fixing of servers is obvious but PvP wasn't even released on time. A major feature that is going to add replay-ability...

Last edited:
Thats where technique comes into play

For example, running around, patience, kiting, "oh shit" buttons that make you invincible. Its possible, its just going to take a while. I hope they keep it the way it is

Good luck kiting mobs that are just blatantly faster than you... And teleport / vortex etc. etc.

Not everything's a zombie.

All I'm saying is I have a few real life friends that are on Act 2 of Inferno and one of them is a monk, one of them is a barbarian. Didn't skip anything. It's possible. You should only be able to beat Inferno if you absolutely deserve it. People that have the time to devote to this game should be rewarded

So Blizzard is doing maintenance on EU servers... on the weekend. Well I guess they need it, and I guess Blizzard needs me to GTFO of the house, sun is shining. Still... the weekend Blizzard!

All I'm saying is I have a few real life friends that are on Act 2 of Inferno and one of them is a monk, one of them is a barbarian. Didn't skip anything. It's possible. You should only be able to beat Inferno if you absolutely deserve it. People that have the time to devote to this game should be rewarded

Oh there's nothing broken about beating inferno. The key is that you don't have to kill trash to actually beat it. The broken part is that trash in act 2 and beyond is stupid.

Blizzard has described Inferno as being ridiculously stupid in terms of difficulty which I'm completely fine with for the most part

What Blizzard screwed up in Inferno is not adding additional mechanics to the boss fights and just increasing HP/damage and not making death have a higher durability hit in Inferno and not having a lengthier res cast

Anyone else never play D2 and read through this thread completely confused with all the lingo? *raises hand*

Diablo 3 minimized in my task bar makes my system hang lol, anyone else had this issue?

Like sometimes my mouse cursor will get stuck or music will loop, then when i max the game its really bad FPS untill i restart my pc, no other games do this how ever.

Diablo 3 minimized in my task bar makes my system hang lol, anyone else had this issue?

Like sometimes my mouse cursor will get stuck or music will loop, then when i max the game its really bad FPS untill i restart my pc, no other games do this how ever.

have you tried running it full screen windowed? As long as your not doing sli/cf or using 3d then there should be no difference for you except you can alt+tab instantly and no slow downs.

Good luck kiting mobs that are just blatantly faster than you... And teleport / vortex etc. etc.

Not everything's a zombie.

Dunno, currently doing Inferno as a DH with a Wizard friend and it's not exactly as impossible as you describe. It just takes careful skill/rune setup and a lot of coordination. The only packs we skip are Invulnerable Minions because fuck that.

Dunno, currently doing Inferno as a DH with a Wizard friend and it's not exactly as impossible as you describe. It just takes careful skill/rune setup and a lot of coordination. The only packs we skip are Invulnerable Minions because fuck that.

Act 1 or Act 2?

The difference is huge.

Anyway, we're going through Act 2 now as 2x DH and 1 Monk. Using Prep + Smoke screen with + discipline for 18+ seconds of invincibility to zerg down minions right now.

Well, I'm done with the game till they fix it. I have no need to go in and spend time running act 1 inferno for rare items when 99% of the items I find are vendored anyways. I want to do something to try to earn the awesome items I need, but hitting my head against a brickwall just to see shitty rares drop that no one will use sorta saps my will to play. Item design in this game is pure shit. 50 hours played, and not one set, or legendary item. And even if one of them drops, I better pray to the gods that it rolls with the correct stats, or it will be basically vendor fodder.

Well, I'm done with the game till they fix it. I have no need to go in and spend time running act 1 inferno for rare items when 99% of the items I find are vendored anyways. I want to do something to try to earn the awesome items I need, but hitting my head against a brickwall just to see shitty rares drop that no one will use sorta saps my will to play. Item design in this game is pure shit. 50 hours played, and not one set, or legendary item. And even if one of them drops, I better pray to the gods that it rolls with the correct stats, or it will be basically vendor fodder.

Remember, though, those yellows are recyclable. With some of the grand m,aster and illustrious crafting items, they can be pretty sweet. Now, you might have to try a few times, but recycling those yellows gives you the mats to do it.

Anyone know if guest pass characters carry over if I upgrade? Just killed the Skeleton King with my Barbarian and I'm considering upgrading. Was going to try out another class or two before I did it, but I don't want to level up multiple classes and lose it all if I upgrade.

A lot of people rush this game. They just do bosses and skip all the other sections.. That's cool, but what difference does it make? I just don't see the point of rushing this IMO.

Act 1 or Act 2?

The difference is huge.

Anyway, we're going through Act 2 now as 2x DH and 1 Monk. Using Prep + Smoke screen with + discipline for 18+ seconds of invincibility to zerg down minions right now.

Act 2. Don't get me wrong it's no walk in the park for us but we welcome the challenge after Nightmare and Hell were relatively easy.

I don't think you understand what "random" means. You're never guaranteed anything. I've found 3 Legendaries and 1 Set item so far. Some people might get 5 Legendaries per run, others none. They will never "fix" this.

If you actually sold those rares in the AH, maybe you could afford to buy those items you need.

A lot of people rush this game. They just do bosses and skip all the other sections.. That's cool, but what difference does it make? I just don't see the point of rushing this IMO.

If you're going for some sort of record it makes sense, but otherwise it's just dumb because not counting a few exceptions, trash packs are always harder (and drop better loot) than the bosses. I'd be way more impressed if you can kill a Vampiric/Shielding/Mortar/Waller pack than Diablo.

It would probably run on a 6600GT...

i know right?
Only had to set the max vram to 1024 in the bios and it works wonder in 1900x1200, all at low!
Still waiting on the gtx 670, but wanted to put the computer together anyway.
Having just as much fun now than with SLI oced 470!

I am very disapointed in the game. Match making sucks if you don't have tons of friends. I liked D2 way better a lot less linear then this. I find myself redoing same quests over and over cause no one is where I am at. Game is annoying difficult on nightmare I can't imagine on inferno. I played through the game is single player mode there are no quests some few side event quests but nothing like d2. Act 1 and 2 was pretty good but 3 and 4 were pretty damned lame. Bosses suck, Elites tend to give more trouble. No freedom to build your Character give it a month and everyone will run the same configs.

Game is meh I give it a 70/100

Also I found way to much flashy garbage hard to see stuff.

If you actually sold those rares in the AH, maybe you could afford to buy those items you need.

Lol? So tell me what class wants a lvl 60 bow that has str, and about 200 dps?:rolleyes: I'm sure that will fly off the shelf. Or maybe a lvl 55 ring with 20 str, 4 yard increase in gold collection, 15 agility, and 12 stam.

I know perfectly well what random means.:rolleyes:

Ok, you obviously didn't get my point but judging by how you were bashing this game nonstop prior to release that's to be expected. I have over 3m gold just by selling rares and blues, so yeah, I guess no one is buying that shit mang.

edit:
wait, I need more rolleyes smiley so we can be on the same page here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Progressing steadily in Act 2 Hell atm. I'm right before the final boss so I'll be in Act 3 soon. Judging from what I hear about Inferno, it sounds insane :eek:. And to think they nerfed down the first 3 acts because it would have felt unepic if Act 4 was as hard as Act 1... that would have been harsh.

Back