Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

hmmmm, im soloing act one Inferno as we speak with a Barb. not much more difficult than hell tbh. I don't even have any items equipped that i bought from the auction house. Only had to pass up one elite mob too, it was in that khazra compound and he had 8 minions instead of four, arcane, frozen and molten. pretty rediculous combo.

52K health
1267 STR
1279 Vit
6K armor

Low armor.. whats ur res?

Trying to solo barbarian in inferno is pretty dumb. There's no way in hell (oh look a pun) you can gear up for inferno. I don't care how many act IV runs you do, you have to go to the auction house and spend all your money to die in 10 seconds instead of 5. In act 1 of inferno i only get lvl 54-59 drops, all of which suck. Fast molten teleporting damage reflecting elite packs are awful. I can only play with my friends who are ranged dps. Sigh, thats with 40K life, 3K armor, 11K damage.

3k armor? I was pushing 4-5k on my wizard when I went sword and board. As you gear up, try to keep the percentages from resists and armor the same, its most effective that way. If your armor is reducing 60% and you're resist 30% from elements, you get more bang for your buck by adding resist.

In act 3, I'm pushing around 69% DR from resist and armor both. I have low hp to keep me above 20k damage, but at least I'm not getting 1-shot!

Trying to solo barbarian in inferno is pretty dumb. There's no way in hell (oh look a pun) you can gear up for inferno. I don't care how many act IV runs you do, you have to go to the auction house and spend all your money to die in 10 seconds instead of 5. In act 1 of inferno i only get lvl 54-59 drops, all of which suck. Fast molten teleporting damage reflecting elite packs are awful. I can only play with my friends who are ranged dps. Sigh, thats with 40K life, 3K armor, 11K damage.

There are plenty of Barbs solo farming Act 4 elites / champions.

Some individuals are making it quite clear how ridiculous gear is in this game though...

The 128k DPS wizard clearing elites in a matter of seconds while even tanking hits with force armor.
Athene's 170k DPS DH soloing Diablo in 6 minutes...

Its nothing but a gear issue.. A2 is very easy once you're decked. A3/A4 is still pretty gay but doable.

Things to buy!

20% String of Ears
Stormshield
Justice Lantern

All of those will greatly help.. push for 9-10k armor 40k+ hp and 900+ all res with war cry. Also buy a 800+ dps weapon with 500+ life on hit and or a socket. All of that will make it a cake walk.

Now enjoy farming the 40 mil gold to buy your full set lol.

So where is all the fun in beating a game in less than what three weeks of release? Then what, farm some more until you are ridiculous in PvP? I would expect this game to last me a bit longer than less than 1-2months of playing. This goes back to the AH ruining some of this fun...but Diablo3 was meant to centered around the RMAH for $$ making.

So where is all the fun in beating a game in less than what three weeks of release? Then what, farm some more until you are ridiculous in PvP? I would expect this game to last me a bit longer than less than 1-2months of playing. This goes back to the AH ruining some of this fun...but Diablo3 was meant to centered around the RMAH for $$ making.

People were plenty decked in D2 but kept playing.

The only farm that was ever in diablo 2 was lvling.. d2 classic took like 8+ months to get max level. Without that cap theres really nothing to do other then farm and wait for pvp. My group does nothing but farm resplendent chests until it gets patched. We all hav like 40+mil and nothing to do with it.

The only farm that was ever in diablo 2 was lvling.. d2 classic took like 8+ months to get max level. Without that cap theres really nothing to do other then farm and wait for pvp. My group does nothing but farm resplendent chests until it gets patched. We all hav like 40+mil and nothing to do with it.

Where are you still farming Chests?

well you could all give me the gold if you've got nothing to do with it...

Where are you still farming Chests?

I'd assume the same Act 2 one that everyone was farming. They nerfed it down to 50% chance for a resplendent, but that's still pretty decent for farming purposes.

Not really. I ran it 10 times after the nerf just to see the probability, and it appeared once. Couple it with the fact that the cellar event isn't even guaranteed and it's a pretty bad farming spot now.

What's your build? That's probably the issue. Hell is pretty much a joke compared to inferno.

Blizzard + decreased AP cost
Venom Hydra
Energy Armor + 20 AP or Magic Weapon + Force Weapon
Frost Nova + reduced CD

Electrocute + 1 AP per hit
Arcane Orb + decreased AP cost

Glass Cannon, Cold Blooded, Arcane Power? (Whichever gives +20 AP and +regen)

I've switched out glass cannon for blur or arcane power for evocation. Problem is I just get smacked constantly by blues, even when kiting with blizzard. It wasn't so much of an issue but with this patch it seems as though mobs are running faster? Perhaps it's just the area I'm in.

I also think maybe I'm just moving on past games...BF3 only held me for a short period of time. D3, the past two days I logged on, played for maybe 30 minutes then logged off. I'm at 57 on my wizard and already am feeling a bit "meh." I don't ever recall dying so much in D2; not that I shouldn't be dying if I'm playing wrong, just there doesn't seem to be much available strategy other than just kiting, which still will get you killed with vortex, jailer, etc, and nothing you can do.

Venom Hydra
Frost Nova + reduced CD

I've switched out glass cannon for blur or arcane power for evocation. Problem is I just get smacked constantly by blues, even when kiting with blizzard. It wasn't so much of an issue but with this patch it seems as though mobs are running faster? Perhaps it's just the area I'm in.

I also think maybe I'm just moving on past games...BF3 only held me for a short period of time. D3, the past two days I logged on, played for maybe 30 minutes then logged off. I'm at 57 on my wizard and already am feeling a bit "meh." I don't ever recall dying so much in D2; not that I shouldn't be dying if I'm playing wrong, just there doesn't seem to be much available strategy other than just kiting, which still will get you killed with vortex, jailer, etc, and nothing you can do.

Maybe you should try:

Primary: Magic Missile - Penetrating Blast
Secondary: Arcane Orb - Arcane Nova
Action Bar 1: Mirror Image - Duplicates
Action Bar 2: Teleport - Fracture
Action Bar 3: Hydra - Venom Hydra
Action Bar 4: Magic Weapon - Force Weapon

Glass Cannon, illusionist , Arcane Power

Throw down a Venom Hydra, pop mirror image, throw tons of arcane orbs and mix in some magic missle, teleport away to create more duplicates, rinse and repeat.

I'd assume the same Act 2 one that everyone was farming. They nerfed it down to 50% chance for a resplendent, but that's still pretty decent for farming purposes.

Weve done the a1, and the a2 chests. There is now a A3 chest that is being farmed and will prob be fixed within the new few days.

Nice. European servers are screwed. Some are still playing but a lot of people were kicked out in middle of game and cant get back in, it either throws error 37 OR a totally new one error 73 battle.net is down. Battle.net is down? My ass is down! I wasnt kicked but electricity went down for a minute and now I am amongst those people who cant get back in. Jesus Blizzard!

Nice. European servers are screwed. Some are still playing but a lot of people were kicked out in middle of game and cant get back in, it either throws error 37 OR a totally new one error 73 battle.net is down. Battle.net is down? My ass is down! I wasnt kicked but electricity went down for a minute and now I am amongst those people who cant get back in. Jesus Blizzard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk :D

I had that happen to me once, power went out due to storm i came back and couldnt get in. lol.

Blizzard has separate servers, a Login Server then your play/game environment server. The Game server is up but the login server is constantly jacked up so if you get in before that craps out you're good to go.

Weve done the a1, and the a2 chests. There is now a A3 chest that is being farmed and will prob be fixed within the new few days.

Mind PMing me the location in a3? I'm really poor and could definitely use something to help me get some gold for gear.

Thanks.

Is it the underbridge one?

I've come across up to 2 resplendeds in a single run for siege breaker. It's most commonly in the underbridge.

The Underbridge one is the only one that's swiftly accessible with a checkpoint, but I heard they hotfixed it already.

I've been farming siegebreaker with no valor stacks since I don't have the patience to really wait for tyrael to kill the elite packs and I just hope for a weapon that I can sell for a decent amount :(

Venom Hydra
Frost Nova + reduced CD

I'm with you. games just dont stick with me like they used to my dude.

I got to 60 on my wizard from 58 by just repeating the Zultan Khulle trick. I refuse to play inferno until they improve it which they are planning on doing. They want more strategy less one shotting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk :D

I had that happen to me once, power went out due to storm i came back and couldnt get in. lol.

Blizzard has separate servers, a Login Server then your play/game environment server. The Game server is up but the login server is constantly jacked up so if you get in before that craps out you're good to go.

Yeah I saw that. "...but NOBODY IS FUCKING PLAYING DIABLO 3!" LOL! Epic nerdrage thats actually quite spot on what is happening right now. :D

im still doing the slow creep to 60.

I have:
44 Wizard
31 Barbarian
10 Monk (hardcore)
5 Demon Hunter

poopers

Quoting myself. Funny thing is that some people who are out are still reported to be "online" by their friends who are still in somehow. What the shit? :eek:

I've been farming siegebreaker with no valor stacks since I don't have the patience to really wait for tyrael to kill the elite packs and I just hope for a weapon that I can sell for a decent amount :(

The problem with that is how Valor works. It's not just a straight up 75% MF/GF like the tooltip suggests.

Each stack of valor will add another drop to big bosses like siegebreaker (act bosses, warden in act 1, etc. are other examples). On the 4th and 5th valor stacks, they add a rare drop.

So with 5 stacks of valor, you get at least 3 more blues and 2 rares. The blues can become rares based on how lucky you are which is boosted with MF.

Where is the fun in artificially limiting how fast you can complete a game? "Oh yea, well I COULD go beat Diablo now, but I'm just going to keep farming the same content for a few more weeks so that I can take longer to beat it."

Venom Hydra
Frost Nova + reduced CD

I agree. I really enjoyed using frost nova and force push, but now in hell the CC just doesn't last long enough. Pretty frustrating to have certain moves become useless.

And i can't find a good way to kite either. Blue packs are just stupid fast and any slow i use is not effective. What in the hell, this is not fun.

Nightmare was the most fun on my wizard because my cc actually worked and i could drop shit on packs of frozen minions.

Also, a big LOLOLOLOL at them hotfixing all these farming places to make the grind for gold even worse

Last edited:
I agree. I really enjoyed using frost nova and force push, but now in hell the CC just doesn't last long enough. Pretty frustrating to have certain moves become useless.

And i can't find a good way to kite either. Blue packs are just stupid fast and any slow i use is not effective. What in the hell, this is not fun.

Nightmare was the most fun on my wizard because my cc actually worked and i could drop shit on packs of frozen minions.

Also, a big LOLOLOLOL at them hotfixing all these farming places to make the grind for gold even worse

Dude, I haven't even logged on, not sure if you noticed on your friends list. My friend has to force me on heh.

60 wiz here on Inferno. Even more boring than when I was leveling now. I don't have time to keep up with all the kids exploiting chest drops/boss mechanics. Economy is already permanently fucked because of it anyhow.

Dude, I haven't even logged on, not sure if you noticed on your friends list. My friend has to force me on heh.

I haven't been on much either, and i haven't even hit 60 yet. After i realized that it's just grind gold and look for items on AH, my will to play got killed.

Before i made this realization i built an MF set and was having fun with the hope i might see a cool item. Got burnt out because you never find anything anyway.

I suppose i got my timeplayed/dollar spent out of it, so it wasn't a bad purchase per se, but i do have to say i'm amazed at how quickly this game got old. Like others have said, at least there are patches and stuff on the way and there's no sub.

I'll likely start playing again when PvP is in, I just love PvP.

I haven't been on much either, and i haven't even hit 60 yet. After i realized that it's just grind gold and look for items on AH, my will to play got killed.

Before i made this realization i built an MF set and was having fun with the hope i might see a cool item. Got burnt out because you never find anything anyway.

Pretty much. I went back to trying to finish Arkham City, hah. The thrill of wanting to rush home to play Diablo is completely gone.

Its called NV at lvl 60. Drops are plentiful and so is gold.

Yea, but the mechanics are annoying. Even in hell i can't play how i want, and this is in a game where they told me i could play how i want :confused:

i can't imagine how annoying Inferno is.

What do you mean the mechanics are annoying and that you can't play how you want? You mean that you have to modify your gameplay because of the different types of mobs? Some clarification would be nice.

Well two weeks into the game and I've pretty much done everything I can. I've got the max DPS I can possibly afford without harvesting millions of gold for my DH, etc etc... I'm looking forward to PvP. Coolest thing I'm trying to get now is the cow level, which requires certain items. The rainbows and flowers and whatnot are hilarious.

Nephalem Valor resets if you switch skills.

One of their dumber decisions. They let you change skills whenever and elective mode is great. Yet I can't change my skills or I'll lose NV. So I have to really plan ahead and find a build that works for both trash/blue/elite mobs and bosses.

Back