Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

yeah people dont think that extra 2% in Act 2 is significant but it is... i wish i was farming act 3 though fuck.
Last night, working with 5 stack only (my gear has 0%MF), I found five ilvl63 items just running from Northern Highlands to the Butcher. Four of them were crap, but that 1250dps weapon wasn't all that bad. Too bad it's 2H :(

Penny Arcade takes on Diablo 3:

Comic:
Hotlinked Image

Newspost:

I keep thinking I’m going to get back into Diablo 3, but it never seems to happen; they inspire new outrage on a weekly basis with everything that surrounds the clicking, but I’m not even running the executable! I’m safe altogether from these fresh horrors. And everyone else beat it and left. If I wanted to get back in, I’d be doing it alone. So that might not happen.

So, as those who have mostly left the bulding already, Diablo 3’s Real Money Auction House is double mysterious and we don’t know what it’s for. Well, okay: we know know. The “moneys.” What I’m saying is that getting new shit actually is the game. For us, anyway. Getting and, crucially, equipping new loot. The whole AH thing short-circuits the entire idea: the game is, functionally speaking, a pinata. Right? Obviously, you could just go buy candy at the store. It’s not about having candy. It’s about getting candy.

If I commit money earned in-game toward an item, be it from a vendor or from the auction house, it’s still a closed loop. We’re talking about a quantum of game time when we talk about gold. Paying money, let alone an exorbitant sum of money, seems like a singularly poor investment. In free to play games, I give myself an “allowance” of actual money to games that have earned it, typically up to a cap that is the equivalent of a retail purchase. But this game is sixty Goddamn dollars. Valve ultimately realized that people would purchase more hats if they gave the heads away for free; ultimately, there may be a parallel there.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends and I are done. At least until they fix this stupid shit. Between exploiters not getting punished, the ruined economy, the constant "gear checks", the ridiculously shitty drops, the constant nerfs to everything, the heavy handed almost retarded way blizzard "fixes problems. fucking everything. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed or angry about a game.

I hope they pull their heads out and fix this game, but I'm doubtful it will ever be good.

i-KjKnhT8-M.jpg

Damn :eek:

On AH for 720million. :rolleyes:

Some people put up items with a ridiculously high BO because items are sorted by descent when you search for them initially, so it's what potential buyers see first.

damn that's nice.

question, does each class have a set of armor that's the "best" in the game?

you mean like a legendary set per class?

or just a random collection of cherry picked stats rares?

each class has "Best In Slot" items which are all different kinds of legendary and rares with certain stat rolls

in my opinion , no legendary set is "best in slot" for it's class. youll always have peices that are mere awesome rolling rares replacing pieces in the set.

the closest to a BiS legendary set is the Demon Hunter set : "Natalya's" Set which at a 4 peice bonus, gives a huge advantage of 2 Discipline regeneration a second (Bashiok Confirms this will NOT be nerfed from 2 disc/s - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911883850#3 )

the closest to a BiS legendary set is the Demon Hunter set : "Natalya's" Set which at a 4 peice bonus, gives a huge advantage of 2 Discipline regeneration a second (Bashiok Confirms this will NOT be nerfed from 2 disc/s - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911883850#3 )

It's kinda funny because the "bug" now allows for DH's to SS for very long periods of time. Which is ironic seeing as SS was just recently nerfed so this wouldn't be possible.

It's kinda funny because the "bug" now allows for DH's to SS for very long periods of time. Which is ironic seeing as SS was just recently nerfed so this wouldn't be possible.

It makes perfect sense in a pay to win kinda way. Nerf a popular skill, then give users the pr-nerf functionality through ultra rare expensive gear.

that's a Radiant Star Amethyst (highest tier gem)

will cost you ~20 million gold for one :eek:

Are you serious?? I thought I just read somewhere that a radiant star only took like 600K IGG to craft plus mats. If this is true, this is an incrdible way to make some gold, no?

It costs 15.4 million to craft a Radiant Star. After AH cuts you need to sell it for at least 18 million to break even.

It costs 15.4 million to craft a Radiant Star. After AH cuts you need to sell it for at least 18 million to break even.

Do they sell on the AH? I have all the amethyst patterns, but am dead broke, and was wondering if they could boost my finances up a little.

I was having some difficulty with elite packs in nightmare - a star amethyst in each weapon solved that and turned on easy mode again.

Blizzard is the master at the carrot on a stick technique. The carrot is always a little better, if you just keep going.

And that's just the gold cost. It'll also take 729 Flawless Squares and 1631 Tomes of Secrets to craft.

If you can get one for 20mil on the AH, that's a bargain.

Just found this last night rolling through inferno act 1 again. I started at the beginning and just went through every little nook and cranny to find every elite pack for neph valor 5 all the way through.

Found 3 really good things.... an amulet with 38 magic find, a set piece, and this..

1kdpswand.jpg

Should I try to sell this on RMAH? I cant find anything like it on the gold AH, and the closes one up right now is trying to sell for 150million and its 944dps, lolol

Well yeah, you don't lose anything by posting it in the RMAH and there's a good chance someone will buy it.

It depends on how you value the gold to $$ conversion. I'm pretty sure you'd get more pure 'worth' from the GAH since the RMAH caps at $250.

Just found this last night rolling through inferno act 1 again. I started at the beginning and just went through every little nook and cranny to find every elite pack for neph valor 5 all the way through.

Found 3 really good things.... an amulet with 38 magic find, a set piece, and this..

1kdpswand.jpg

Should I try to sell this on RMAH? I cant find anything like it on the gold AH, and the closes one up right now is trying to sell for 150million and its 944dps, lolol

RMAH all the way. $250 buy a lot of Starbucks.

1kdpswand.jpg

RMAH

Honestly I'd hazard a guess that you could sell it for gold and buy items with that gold that would sell for more than an aggregate of $250 on the RMAH. If you're willing to snoop around it could profit you greatly in the end.

Diablo 3 has turned into Act 1 only for me.

Not too big of an issue because Act 1 is fun and easy enough I can use whatever skills I want.

I've hit the Zoltun Khulle fight in Act 2 Hell. I hit my second gear check in the quest to unlock his soul locks or what have you. So far, that's only two gear checks in the game. And both gear checks I spent between 5,000-10,000 gold on items. That probably means I could have just done one gear check had I done better buying the first time around. We'll see where the next bump in the road is.

The plan with my demon hunter is to get to Act 4 Hell/Act 1 Inferno for RMAH farming.

How much is gold going for in the RMAH anyway? I quit playing and was just curious because it hadn't opened up before I stopped

Uh... what? There was plans to be able do, and when the RMAH opened up the feature was simply disabled. Did they scrap it altogether?

They held back commodity auctions for a while after launch. They have sorted out gem commodities but the gold commodities are still on the bench. The button still exists, but it won't let you click it with a "You cannot sell Gold" message popping up. I'm not sure if they plan on releasing that feature at all anymore. Time will tell!

Honestly I'd hazard a guess that you could sell it for gold and buy items with that gold that would sell for more than an aggregate of $250 on the RMAH. If you're willing to snoop around it could profit you greatly in the end.

I dont have the time or patience for that
I'f I can make even $100 off it, it would be worth it to me

Back